Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14487600.stm

I find myself in a difficult position, he's a player that I'd like to include in the side, but there are problems with his contract and that's well documented. It is where it is, me and Joey are quite clear, we had another meeting this morning. We have no problem with each other and we'll see what happens. I'm optimistic that he'll play some part against Arsenal and Sunderland.

Considering it's hugely unlikely that Barton would not want to play, is that not pretty much an admission that Pardew's simply been told by those above him that he can't use him?

1st I have to say it sounds exactly like something Joe Kinnear would have said, don't know why, but if this would have been an old quote from 2008/2009 from Kinnear, I would have totally believed it.

2nd. I think Joey will play. Saying that, it still could very much be the case that he'll leave the club in this transfer window.

1st I have to say it sounds exactly like something Joe Kinnear would have said, don't know why, but if this would have been an old quote from 2008/2009 from Kinnear, I would have totally believed it.

2nd. I think Joey will play. Saying that, it still could very much be the case that he'll leave the club in this transfer window.

Nah, Kinnear would have called him Gerald Burton

"Whilst many head like lemmings toward the cliff edge........."

Sounds rather ominous. :undecided:

Weirdly, just a few minutes ago I read an article claiming that the thing about mass lemming suicides is a myth.

To perpetuate said myth Walt Disney personally threw handfuls of them over a cliff and clapped with glee as they tumbled to their watery death.

Its true (well, sort of), watch 'White Wilderness'.

Yeah, that's what I was reading about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14487600.stm

I find myself in a difficult position, he's a player that I'd like to include in the side, but there are problems with his contract and that's well documented. It is where it is, me and Joey are quite clear, we had another meeting this morning. We have no problem with each other and we'll see what happens. I'm optimistic that he'll play some part against Arsenal and Sunderland.

Considering it's hugely unlikely that Barton would not want to play, is that not pretty much an admission that Pardew's simply been told by those above him that he can't use him?

Yep :(

"Whilst many head like lemmings toward the cliff edge........."

Sounds rather ominous. :undecided:

Weirdly, just a few minutes ago I read an article claiming that the thing about mass lemming suicides is a myth.

To perpetuate said myth Walt Disney personally threw handfuls of them over a cliff and clapped with glee as they tumbled to their watery death.

Its true (well, sort of), watch 'White Wilderness'.

Yeah, that's what I was reading about.

There was a clip of this on The Code on BBC last night and they said the myth had come from a faked film where loads of tame lemmings had basically been booted over a cliff. It did look well dodgy

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

QOTD : If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation

My new favourite quote... :D

You'll probably like this...

From the Mirror....

Stoke boss Pulis has offered Newcastle midfielder Barton a lucrative deal that would make him the club's highest-paid player.

Barton is available on a free transfer and the Potters have moved to head off potential interest from Arsenal by dangling a £55,000-a-week deal in front of the controversial star.

The England international, 28, has encouraged Stoke after Pulis held initial talks with his agent and will press ahead with the deal on Friday.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Stoke-step-up-pursuit-Joey-Barton-Nicklas-Bendtner-but-admit-Peter-Crouch-will-not-be-joining-article784152.html#ixzz1UlM9iHw6

Would say a lot about Barton if he went to someone like Stoke on that much.

Can't see him doing that though, might as well just take our offer surely? Or do Stoke's free signings to replace the inevitable outgoing (be it this summer, January, next year) of Shawcross appeal to him?

From the Mirror....

Stoke boss Pulis has offered Newcastle midfielder Barton a lucrative deal that would make him the club's highest-paid player.

Barton is available on a free transfer and the Potters have moved to head off potential interest from Arsenal by dangling a £55,000-a-week deal in front of the controversial star.

The England international, 28, has encouraged Stoke after Pulis held initial talks with his agent and will press ahead with the deal on Friday.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Stoke-step-up-pursuit-Joey-Barton-Nicklas-Bendtner-but-admit-Peter-Crouch-will-not-be-joining-article784152.html#ixzz1UlM9iHw6

The Mirror article last night said £60k a week......

Hm, after seeing the press conference I don't think Joey will play and I think he's on his way. :(

We've already signed his replacement, so no worries.

Not according to today's press conference... For what it's worth AP did say today that if Barton does decide he wants to leave they will have to bring in a replacement as good as if not better...

If Barton goes to Stoke, I would say it is more about how desperate he is to leave us because of his issues with the board rather than any enthusiasm for Stoke.  However they are a club that are showing a lot more ambition than we seem to plan on doing for several years. 

His agent did say they would speak to every interested club and listen to what they had to say so that might be all they are doing.  And whatever offer Stoke come up with, they could use it as a bargaining tool should other clubs show interest.

If Barton goes to Stoke, I would say it is more about how desperate he is to leave us because of his issues with the board rather than any enthusiasm for Stoke.  However they are a club that are showing a lot more ambition than we seem to plan on doing for several years. 

His agent did say they would speak to every interested club and listen to what they had to say so that might be all they are doing.  And whatever offer Stoke come up with, they could use it as a bargaining tool should other clubs show interest.

Really? This is a team that relies on Rory Delap.

Think there will be something about Barton feeling wanted also.

Can see that Pulis would absolutely love to have him at the centre of his plans, and could be persuasive.

Also he could become the main man again. Whereas the dynamic on that score at our club has changed completely.

Though personally would love to see him get his head down and stay another year.

Guest VegasToon

:dowie:

Think there will be something about Barton feeling wanted also.

Can see that Pulis would absolutely love to have him at the centre of his plans, and could be persuasive.

Also he could become the main man again. Whereas the dynamic on that score at our club has changed completely.

Though personally would love to see him get his head down and stay another year.

Why would he got Stoke when he himself has said he will only leave for a top 4 club and his agent has been broadcasting to the world that he won't have any problem getting a deal with a top club? Do they think Stoke will be playing CL football next year?

Aye, Pardew says that if Barton does leave we'll have to replace him with someone as good if not better. I know it's not really news as such but it's good to know that Obertan isn't the replacement.

Think we need to start ignoring things that appear after the part in bold tbh :undecided:

Aye, Pardew says that if Barton does leave we'll have to replace him with someone as good if not better. I know it's not really news as such but it's good to know that Obertan isn't the replacement.

Think we need to start ignoring things that appear after the part in bold tbh :undecided:

Think people need to stop giving the guy such a hard time to be honest. Some people (not necessarily on here, on Twitter in particular) are finding ways to pick fault (completely unjustified) in everything he says.

Probably because just about everything he says is bullshit from upstairs.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Latest tweet?

Has he been sitting alone in Pardews office

"In a room without a window, in the corner, I found truth"