Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Who gives a f*** if he's shown no ambition, man? How exactly could he have shown ambition?

He had the choice of staying at a club that didn't want him or moving to a lesser club. The big teams were never going to come in for him, this doesn't mean getting rid is somehow a stroke of genius.

Some may take pleasure from watching Joey get relegated this season, but nothing positive has came out of this saga for NUFC.

Horseshit. He spouted all that crap on twitter about how he loves this club yet jumps ship at the first opportunity. Do people really think he wouldnt get as good/better opportunities this time next year if he stayed?

Spot on.

Seriously though, when people see Barton getting £80k a week for 3-years, and Nolan getting £55k a week for 5 years, can you:

a) Blame the club for not matching.

b) Blame the player for not turning it down.

Barton wouldn't have even been offered that deal if we hadn't banished him from training and hawked him around and told all and sundry he could leave on a free. So the blame goes to the club for wanting rid of one of our best and most influential players. Honestly the same mugs keep falling for this shit each and every time - trying to scrutinise each deal in isolation to defend the indefensible, and totally missing the bigger picture and the pattern that has already been established. I said when others have been sold in the past that it would happen again and the above responses would be typed out. I was proven correct. I can also guarantee it will happen again next summer, only the names will be different "Can't blame the club, Colo is almost 31 and Sevilla/Valencia/Athletico Madrid are offering 60k a week for 4 years"

Of course if they can go out and spend big money on a top, top player to replace him, it'll have been worth. But we all know that won't happen. They probably consider fucking Obertan to be his replacement. *throws up*

Lost all respect for Barton after this. After all that self-promoting bullshit about grandeurs of top 6 teams he signs for fucking QPR. Idiot.

What you want him to do, just show up at Melwood every day hoping Dalglish takes pity and signs him?

QPR is the only team in for him and like people of the regular working world he has a family to think about.  He needs a secure future.

Dave for fuck's sake fix the forum!! :D

Nowt wrong with it.

What causes the double/triple posting?

Dunno. Did you get a database error earlier?

Couple of problems connecting, never got the error come up. Just Stu and Nixon keep triple/double posting.

the money thing again  :undecided:,i wonder how many 1st team players the club needed to sell to make some finally realize that it's not the player's fault that they leaving the club  :idiot2:

Even if every current squad member were to be sold and we were left with only Terry McDermott's fetus, Alan Smith and Graham Carr's sexually confused son, there would still be those avoiding blaming the two shitbags in charge.

Guest Heneage

Dave for f***'s sake fix the forum!! :D

Nowt wrong with it.

What causes the double/triple posting?

Dunno. Did you get a database error earlier?

Couple of problems connecting, never got the error come up. Just Stu and Nixon keep triple/double posting.

Definitely something up, I keep getting re-directed to NUFC blog, I think they may have been hacked.

Seriously though, when people see Barton getting £80k a week for 3-years, and Nolan getting £55k a week for 5 years, can you:

a) Blame the club for not matching. Nope

b) Blame the player for not turning it down. Nope

Basically.

And most of us don't fall for the bullshit from either side.

Why's it necessarily "bullshit" in either instance?

a) Blame the club for not matching. Nope

b) Blame the player for not turning it down. Nope

Basically.

And most of us don't fall for the bullshit from either side.

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that there's bullshit on both sides...in considerable quantities too. Still struggling to understand why folk can't just shrug it all off and deal with the realities of what has happened here.

the money thing again  :undecided:,i wonder how many 1st team players the club needed to sell to make some finally realize that it's not the player's fault that they leaving the club  :idiot2:

Well none of the players leaving had to leave the club as they all had contracts which meant they could stay on on their current terms. So if they left then of course it was their own fucking fault.

the money thing again  :undecided:,i wonder how many 1st team players the club needed to sell to make some finally realize that it's not the player's fault that they leaving the club  :idiot2:

Well none of the players leaving had to leave the club as they all had contracts which meant they could stay on on their current terms. So if they left then of course it was their own fucking fault.

:lol:

the money thing again  :undecided:,i wonder how many 1st team players the club needed to sell to make some finally realize that it's not the player's fault that they leaving the club  :idiot2:

Even if every current squad member were to be sold and we were left with only Terry McDermott's fetus, Alan Smith and Graham Carr's sexually confused son, there would still be those avoiding blaming the two shitbags in charge.

Why would Barton join QPR if not for money? Their wildly ambitious signings that have made us "green with envy" © Mackems.

The world class players they already have in their squad?

World class manager?

Guest bimpy474

Barton should have had a new deal tied down before QPR got the chance to offer him £80k, so yes, I will blame the board for that.

I blame him and McKay for turning down the contract they agreed in January to some extent, if he had signed it then we wouldn't have this i dont think.

Why would Barton join QPR if not for money? Their wildly ambitious signings that have made us "green with envy" © Mackems.

The told class players they already have in their squad?

World class manager?

He wouldn't be working for wankers?

I like how anyone blaming Barton for showing a lack of ambition (i.e. staying at NUFC to perform at the same level as last year on a £65k wage before getting a better/equal deal next June) is automatically absolving the club of any poor choices. Strong straw man.

Is anyone doing that? ???

Everytime a player leaves it's 'greedy cunt' rather than perhaps looking at why so many players leave. We're ran by the biggest arsehole in christendom - this will not change.

Gutted tbh, I would imagine anyone there on saturday would be as well, not that he was MOTM, just the way he was with the fans at the end, really think he loved it here, the reception he got, how happy he was. I think him and S Taylor are the only people whose passion/enthusiasm for winning a match like that can get the fans going to such an extent.

just a shame the people running his club/his big mouth has made it end this way. big loss for the club.

will be an interesting press conference/see what he says on twitter in the coming days

still v surprised he's made such a move, but as someone said, say he breaks his leg in march/april, he potentially has nowhere to go after that at his age

World class manager?

He'd be performing in front of the supporters he 'loves'.

World class manager?

Can't say I know much about their owners apart from spending a pittance so far this summer. Pretty sure whatever happens between now and the end of the window he would have been playing with better players and challenging higher up the table if he stayed here on the pittance he was earning,