Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Joey Barton 'based personality on Swayze in Road House'

FOOTBALLER Joey Barton has confessed to stealing his philosophising tough guy persona from the lead character in the 1989 movie Road House.

The film, regarded as a cult classic, stars Swayze as a professional nightclub bouncer and is famous for lines including ‘Nobody ever wins a fight,’ and ‘Be nice until it’s time not to be nice’.

QPR player Barton apparently saw the film on Channel 5 while at the Sporting Chance clinic and realised he could belt as many people as he liked if he came out with a few supposedly deep statements in between.

He said: “It started at City when I got a red card and told the lads, ‘Take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee and he’ll drop like a stone.’

“I thought they’d know it from the film, but Stuart Pearce nodded slowly like I’d said something really wise and I realised I could get away with this.

“You should have seen Alan Shearer’s face when I said ‘I used to fuck guys like you in prison’. Although thinking back on it I’m not sure whether that was anger or mild arousal.”

Where's that from btw?

FOOTBALLER Joey Barton has confessed to stealing his philosophising tough guy persona from the lead character in the 1989 movie Road House.

The film, regarded as a cult classic, stars Swayze as a professional nightclub bouncer and is famous for lines including ‘Nobody ever wins a fight,’ and ‘Be nice until it’s time not to be nice’.

QPR player Barton apparently saw the film on Channel 5 while at the Sporting Chance clinic and realised he could belt as many people as he liked if he came out with a few supposedly deep statements in between.

He said: “It started at City when I got a red card and told the lads, ‘Take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee and he’ll drop like a stone.’

“I thought they’d know it from the film, but Stuart Pearce nodded slowly like I’d said something really wise and I realised I could get away with this.

“You should have seen Alan Shearer’s face when I said ‘I used to fuck guys like you in prison’. Although thinking back on it I’m not sure whether that was anger or mild arousal.”

Where's that from btw?

The Times, Messi's always flaunting his subscription by quoting it.

Where's that from btw?

The Times, Messi's always flaunting his subscription by quoting it.

Messi wouldn't waste a quid on an online subscription when he can get a bag of lollipops instead

:lol:

“You should have seen Alan Shearer’s face when I said ‘I used to f*** guys like you in prison’. Although thinking back on it I’m not sure whether that was anger or mild arousal.”

The only thing I can think about here is Family Guy:

Family Guy - Roadhouse

Guest gggg
Barton made more inaccurate passes, 490, in the opposition half than any other top-division player last season.

Jesus

daniel taylor

‏@DTguardian

Following

Joey Barton facing ten to 15-game ban at FA hearing on Weds. Observer column on the end of the deception http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/may/19/joey-barton-qpr-violence-renaissance-man

Reply  Retweet  Favorite Pocket

Big time.

If that is indeed the sanction, then really can't see QPR letting him hang around.

In any case, he's certain to lose the captaincy.

daniel taylor

‏@DTguardian

Following

Joey Barton facing ten to 15-game ban at FA hearing on Weds. Observer column on the end of the deception http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/may/19/joey-barton-qpr-violence-renaissance-man

Reply  Retweet  Favorite Pocket

Big time.

If that is indeed the sanction, then really can't see QPR letting him hang around.

In any case, he's certain to lose the captaincy.

They might be stuck with him, doubt many clubs would go for him when he could be out until November.