Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Maybe he shouldn't be saying any of this stuff, but I'd much rather hear Joey Barton talk than any other modern premier league footballer, at least he doesn't just come out with the usual banal comments taught to them by PR consultants.

Actually, it may all work out well for us, thinking about it. All those comments about England midfielders seemed to be designed to ensure that he'd never get picked for England again. Similarly, all this other rambling - particularly about Dabo - is bound to put other clubs off from coming in for him.

As I said in another post, I think he struggles with decisions and subconsciously this may be his way of putting the decision in the hands of other people.

Don't you just love it when folk barely intelligent enough to scan a tin of beans suddenly become psychologists?

Do you need to be a psychologist? If you were thinking of moving to another club, would you give an interview like that - bigging yourself up, slagging off other players and saying that Dabo deserved a wacking?

Don't you just love it when folk barely intelligent enough to scan a tin of beans suddenly become psychologists?

Why do you say stuff like this? You seem to be intelligent enough at times and then ruin it by needlessly belittling others and their opinions seemingly for your own sense of pride and place. Howay man ffs.

Why rise to it? Everyone knows what an argumentative mug he is.

Why do you say stuff like this? You seem to be intelligent enough at times and then ruin it by needlessly belittling others and their opinions seemingly for your own sense of pride and place. Howay man ffs.

I'm not rising to it, I'm disappointed. I want to like him, he clearly has a passion for the game and is opinionated but its just infuriating when you're reading threads and there is discussion going on and you read a petty little comment seemingly written by some angry kid.

I'm not rising to it, I'm disappointed. I want to like him, he clearly has a passion for the game and is opinionated but its just infuriating when you're reading threads and there is discussion going on and you read a petty little comment seemingly written by some angry kid.

Which is probably what he is.

There are certain members on here, who are here to belittle people behind the safety of a computer screen. Such people's 'intelligence' is irrelevant (or lacking an outlet in real life) when all they are trying to do is make other people look like 'retards' or 'idiots' for having an opinion that differs from their own/the norm.  

Which is probably what he is.

There are certain members on here, who are here to belittle people behind the safety of a computer screen. Such people's 'intelligence' is irrelevant (or lacking an outlet in real life) when all they are trying to do is make other people look like 'retards' or 'idiots' for having an opinion that differs from their own/the norm. 

Give over. Cronky knows I was having a laugh.

Barton talks far too much for someone who did fuck all for us for 3 years. One decent year for a mid table team and he's mouthing off again. Typical for someone who thinks so highly of himself and doesn't have the humility to recognize that he's not picked for England because he's hard to manage and liable to cause trouble on the pitch, something a team like england can't afford

Barton talks far too much for someone who did fuck all for us for 3 years. One decent year for a mid table team and he's mouthing off again. Typical for someone who thinks so highly of himself and doesn't have the humility to recognize that he's not picked for England because he's hard to manage and liable to cause trouble on the pitch, something a team like england can't afford

Feeling kind of the same way, not as strongly though. Just too many quotes from him right now. I understand he speaks his mind but there's just a point where you need to shut up for a while.

I try to take no notice of Barton in the press. He talks an interesting interview at times, but at others it's a bit of a smile-and-nod thing for me. The fundamental thing is that he's doing well on the pitch. The media soundbites are relatively harmless - maybe not to himself but certainly to the club, imo.

Do you need to be a psychologist? If you were thinking of moving to another club, would you give an interview like that - bigging yourself up, slagging off other players and saying that Dabo deserved a wacking?

Who genuinely thinks he's off this summer though? Regardless of his reputation, no one would consider matching his wages.

I've said this before and these "new" quotes convince me further - he's enjoying the freedom to say whatever he wants from a position of absolute security. He'll never get picked for England, so he can slag off Barry, Gerrard and Lampard with impunity. He knows he'll still be at the Toon come September, so he can voice his concerns regarding transfer policy without fearing his immediate prospects.

What will be interesting is if he's saying the same thing in twelve months time...