Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

He'll be at a much better club within the next 12 months.

You think? No one wanted him on a free transfer, why do you think he's going to go to a better club when he's a year older and you've got to pay a transfer fee if you want him?

Fair point but I don't see him lasting at QPR for a variety of reasons and think he'll be attractive to more people next year when other clubs who had already spent their budget this window may find the funds or see a gap that needs plugging that they didn't see this month.

Wouldn't even surprise me to see him go abroad.

Phillips and Barton on the wings with Taarabt behind the striker is the way forward for QPR like. Although there central midfield (on paper) looks weak as fuck without Barton in there. Especialy considering Dyer will only play about another 4 minutes this season.

Since they signing SWP, surely Barton will play in the middle.

Because he sold out his beliefs to join a shit club on massive wages. If he went to Everton for example the only slight I would have on him would be that he was stupid enough to think he could get away with his Twitter rants. He has joined a lesser club because of the financial gain, nothing else. He wasn't exactly being frozen out was he? And he was the one bragging about seeing out his last year so I don't buy this 'couldn't work for an.employer who didn't want him' guff. If QPR offered him less than he was on here I don't think he would have given them the time of day.

Phillips and Barton on the wings with Taarabt behind the striker is the way forward for QPR like. Although there central midfield (on paper) looks weak as fuck without Barton in there. Especialy considering Dyer will only play about another 4 minutes this season.

Since they signing SWP, surely Barton will play in the middle.

Aye, I don't think i've said otherwise? :lol:

Barton will play in the centre because there central midfielders are pretty poor. With Taarabt and Phillips they have atleast adequate wingers. This is the way QPR will more than likely go. However I think they would be better off playing Taarabt in the middle with Barton and SWP on the wings.

Mentioned as potentially the worst signing of the summer on this week's The Game podcast. Can't remember who said it now, was basically about the fact that he's bound to blow up and cause trouble for them eventually.

Think that's a bit much, but interesting to hear that view.

The Game is a horrific podcast though, surprised anyone still listens to that rubbish.

It's the best one I've found TBH, I really like it. Don't agree with that view on Barton really, but that's just one contributor.

I like it as well, but only really for Gab Marcotti. The journalists are largely poor. I particularly dislike Alyson Rudd (she has an annoying habit of talking over people despite having very little to say) and Patrick Barclay who gives some of the stupidest unworkable views you'll find in a broadsheet anywhere.

Football weekly is quite good for European football but takes itself less seriously than The Game.

"The fans were brilliant at Newcastle.

"In my last couple of seasons there, they've supported the football club through thick and thin. I'll always have a relationship with them.

"We had a journey with them - not just me but a number of players in the squad, when the club dropped out of the Premier League.

"That could have been a difficult and turbulent time in the club's history but we regrouped as a playing staff and decided that we'd dig deep and not only get the club back to the Premier League, but to stabilise it quite comfortably last season.

"What's gone is gone. I'm never going to say a bad word about the football club or the fans. I wish them every success."

Greedy c*** etc.

:joey: :thup: tbh.

He'll be at a much better club within the next 12 months.

You think? No one wanted him on a free transfer, why do you think he's going to go to a better club when he's a year older and you've got to pay a transfer fee if you want him?

Fair point but I don't see him lasting at QPR for a variety of reasons and think he'll be attractive to more people next year when other clubs who had already spent their budget this window may find the funds or see a gap that needs plugging that they didn't see this month.

Wouldn't even surprise me to see him go abroad.

So when he's a year older, on higher wages, suddenly clubs will become more interested in signing Barton? Seriously, Barton fanboys need to get past their delusions that he is as highly rated by other clubs as he is by them. He's had his best season for 4 years and still there were no takers from any established top flight club even on a free. He might be a hoot on twitter but on the pitch it's a pretty expensive package for a midfielder who struggles in his natural position these days.

I think clubs will (and had) interest, it's just his wages that were the problem I think.

If QPR go down they will more than likely need/want him off the wage bill and he'll join a Premiership club on a lesser contract imo.

So he chose QPR above a top 6 club because they offered to pay him more, though that may only last for just the one year?

Seems pretty mercenary. :undecided:

I think clubs will (and had) interest, it's just his wages that were the problem I think.

If QPR go down they will more than likely need/want him off the wage bill and he'll join a Premiership club on a lesser contract imo.

So he chose QPR above a top 6 club because they offered to pay him more, though that may only last for just the one year?

Seems pretty mercenary. :undecided:

He chose QPR over us for that reason. He wanted a longterm contract on a good wage. I don't think any other club would have given him it.

Also i'm talking about mid table clubs, I think a few mid table sides would take him on for a few years at a reduced wage. Not the top 6.

I think he's stuck at QPR for the duration of his deal TBH, at best he can maybe expect another bottom of the table club to come in for him if QPR go down.

I think some people underestimate how much of a ticking timebomb he's seen as in the football world in general. Rightly or wrongly.

Guest johnson293

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Bothroyd has bowled up in ugg's today, he's 6'3 and size 11. I think they'll end up in the shower... yfrog.com/kk6bimtj

1 hour ago

Oh no, the tops only fell off his new ugg's.......go get a refund @jaybothroyd #unacceptablefootwear yfrog.com/mnzg6fj

42 minutes ago

I was nowt to do with me, I was out of the building @jaybothroyd

40 minutes ago

;D

Bothroyd has bowled up in ugg's today, he's 6'3 and size 11. I think they'll end up in the shower... yfrog.com/kk6bimtj

1 hour ago

Oh no, the tops only fell off his new ugg's.......go get a refund @jaybothroyd #unacceptablefootwear yfrog.com/mnzg6fj

42 minutes ago

I was nowt to do with me, I was out of the building @jaybothroyd

40 minutes ago

;D

:lol: :lol: