Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

So much to say to how much Joey was angry and selfish about Coloccini getting the captaincy.....

Coloccini - Barton helped me

Toon skipper says former team-mate helped him in role

Fabricio Coloccini claims that Joey Barton was key in helping him adjust to being Newcastle captain.

Barton will be lining up against Coloccini on Monday night following his move to Queens Park Rangers last month.

The Newcastle defender says that during Barton's time with the club he acted as interpreter to help the Argentinian get his message across to the players.

Coloccini said: "Joey was a good team-mate. With me being captain, I have had to speak more and he certainly helped me.

"I had a good relationship with him. When we didn't have good times at the club - like relegation - we needed players like him who show character.

"It's different in the dressing room now though. I think a lot of players have a different style, some are more quiet and some have a strong spirit like Joey."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7169872,00.html

Guest TheSummerOf69

What a stupid prick Warnock is....

"I didn't realise he was so articulate and clued up. I might even give him a copy of my autobiography now - before, I thought he could only look at the pictures!"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12016_7170139,00.html

I used to read Warnock's programme notes when he was Notts County manager and I caught some games down there, and I thought they were a great laugh - blending all sorts of classical allusions with surreal nonsense. Far more entertaining than his hoof-the-ball teams.

So much to say to how much Joey was angry and selfish about Coloccini getting the captaincy.....

Coloccini - Barton helped me

Toon skipper says former team-mate helped him in role

Fabricio Coloccini claims that Joey Barton was key in helping him adjust to being Newcastle captain.

Barton will be lining up against Coloccini on Monday night following his move to Queens Park Rangers last month.

The Newcastle defender says that during Barton's time with the club he acted as interpreter to help the Argentinian get his message across to the players.

Coloccini said: "Joey was a good team-mate. With me being captain, I have had to speak more and he certainly helped me.

"I had a good relationship with him. When we didn't have good times at the club - like relegation - we needed players like him who show character.

"It's different in the dressing room now though. I think a lot of players have a different style, some are more quiet and some have a strong spirit like Joey."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7169872,00.html

"Please don't break my leg Joey"

Obertan -

"Barton was a massive player for us. I only got to know him for a couple of weeks but he was a big voice in the dressing room and on the pitch, so he will be a miss, but we have got plenty of quality players so losing him will not be a problem.

"He wasn't afraid to say harsh words at times in the dressing room or on the pitch to wake us up. "

Hate reading stuff like this in hindsight. Anyway, glad it was QPR, and hopefully he'll have a poor day at work today.

Guest michaelfoster

nufc fans singing one joey barton, should just forget about him, he's history and not worth the effort after all the bother we had with him over the years

Obertan -

"Barton was a massive player for us. I only got to know him for a couple of weeks but he was a big voice in the dressing room and on the pitch, so he will be a miss, but we have got plenty of quality players so losing him will not be a problem.

"He wasn't afraid to say harsh words at times in the dressing room or on the pitch to wake us up. "

Hate reading stuff like this in hindsight. Anyway, glad it was QPR, and hopefully he'll have a poor day at work today.

It was always obvious to me Barton was one of our most important players for this reason.

Was hard seeing him play in a different shirt than black & white and obviously hard to see him play against us.

Even harder to see him talking to our players after the final whistle - especially to Cabaye. So much to how much he was a disruptive dressing room influence.....

Well, even for me, the chapter Joey Barton for Newcastle United is closed now. Very best of luck to him. :clap:

The "One Joey Barton" chants I heard were mainly Q.P.R. fans to be fair, unless our away support all have cockney accents.

I dont have a problem showing him some thanks before the game or when his name is called out with the teamsheet but when the game is in full swing and he has just slyly kicked and one of our young players and thrown the ball at him seems a bit silly. If it was our fans singing aswell.

Either way to each their own. He played well today which shouldnt come as a surprise. He was surrounded with creative players which took the weight of expectation to create (that he had here) off, so he could go about his game tidying up the midfield and supporting the attack.

Big loss for us this season but we have moved on now.