Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Stop up or lose Jose....Good times

What's unreasonable about that? He's not going to want another season in the Championship so wait until we're safe before re-negotiating.

Did I say it was unreasonable? Just a bit f***ing sickening

What's sickening? :lol:

The thought of losing Jose, or getting relegated, or both. Take your pick

If he doesn't make the squad, he only has himself to blame. There's long-standing concern about whether he'll affect team spirit, and all his talk about how no-one's playing better than him isn't helping. It's like he wants to remain the victim.

Guest Geordiesned

CaulkinTheTimes:

Pardew "pretty confident" Barton will sign new deal next week, but Enrique will wait until #NUFC are "safe in the division" before talks.

Now Carroll's not here anymore, I'd question the wisdom of persisting with Barton on the right wing. It worked with Carroll up front as Barton had someone who was phenomenal in the air to aim at.

Maybe it's not such a good idea now, and he'll start to look much less effective. That said, not sure what options we've got to replace him. We've got no players. :(

Now Carroll's not here anymore, I'd question the wisdom of persisting with Barton on the right wing. It worked with Carroll up front as Barton had someone who was phenomenal in the air to aim at.

Maybe it's not such a good idea now, and he'll start to look much less effective. That said, not sure what options we've got to replace him. We've got no players. :(

Ireland if/when he gets fit.