Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton is really coming on now. Seems much calmer and actually 'thinking; when he gets the ball.  Can't beat people for pace on the right, but has enough close skills to keep a hold of the ball and get a cross in. Getting back to where he used to be a few years back.

Barton really isn't quick enough to be playing so well out wide. The fact he is is a testament to his football intelligence, he is absolutely making 100% best use of his ability to dominate a game in what is an unnatural position for him.

Guest firetotheworks

The very fact that Nolan got a hattrick, Shola got two, as well as some excellent performances, and yet I'd still give Barton MOTM just sums up how fucking outstanding he was today. One of the most controlling, confident, enthusiastic and downright brilliant performances I've seen for us in a long time. Possibly better than Parker vs Arsenal, and we all know how good Parker was that day.

The very fact that Nolan got a hattrick, Shola got two, as well as some excellent performances, and yet I'd still give Barton MOTM just sums up how f***ing outstanding he was today. One of the most controlling, confident, enthusiastic and downright brilliant performances I've seen for us in a long time. Possibly better than Parker vs Arsenal, and we all know how good Parker was that day.

:thup:

In pure football terms the best player we've got - anyone with a pair of eyes could see that.

Some of the posts on this thread early doors this season BTW  :facepalm:

Er, he'd been largely total horseshit prior to West Ham.

In pure football terms the best player we've got - anyone with a pair of eyes could see that.

He really hadn't.

But anyway I am talking about ability and class, not a shyte showing here and there. Every player has a poor game or spell. Not comparing the two but is Rooney rubbish? He has looked it for several months.

The only currently fit player in our squad that can pull off a pass that splits an opposition defence in half is Barton.

That's rubbish, man. He was mainly brilliant up until the Stoke game.

He really hadn't.

But anyway I am talking about ability and class, not a shyte showing here and there. Every player has a poor game or spell. Not comparing the two but is Rooney rubbish? He has looked it for several months.

The only currently fit player in our squad that can pull off a pass that splits an opposition defence in half is Barton.

In terms of technical ability, Barton's an extremely good footballer. However, his form this season - aside from the Villa game - had been seriously sub-standard prior to the West Ham game. That, coupled by his pants career here overall, is why he was getting a bundle of (justified) flack. I don't blame people for laying into him at all.

But - that aside - he was genuinely exceptional today. On form he's a pleasure to watch.

That's rubbish, man. He was mainly brilliant up until the Stoke game.

except not defending or attacking. (except villa when he was MotM)

Wolves - assist and very good performance.

Stop being selective.

Thought he was average. All i'm saying is that the facepalm (re: comments about Barton earlier in the season) was a bit daft. As i've said, i'm not taking anything away from his performance today, but he owes us that sort of display.

Stop being selective.

assist and not very good despite having the shit kicked out of him.

i'll be very selective thanks, i'll select when i think he's good and when he's not......unlike you who'll say he's been good regardless of what he's actually done.

Stop being selective.

Thought he was average. All i'm saying is that the facepalm (re: comments about Barton earlier in the season) was a bit daft. As i've said, i'm not taking anything away from his performance today, but he owes us that sort of display.

Bar the Villa game and the Wolves assist, he's done nothing really of note for us since he came to this club. It's only the past couple of weeks that he's started to justify his price tag.

Stop being selective.

Bar the Villa game and the Wolves assist, he's done nothing really of note for us since he came to this club. It's only the past couple of weeks that he's started to justify his price tag.

You look as stupid as i'm sure you feel.

Barton was brilliant for us under KK. As he has been whenever he's had a run in the team.

Stop being selective.

Barton was brilliant for us under KK. As he has been whenever he's had a run in the team.

???

Stop being selective.

he wasn't brilliant, he was good at spurs and looked a lot better than the utter shite he played prior to that.

I tend to agree with Ronaldo. Whenever the boy has been given a chance to really hold down that position in the centre of midfield he's been alright and has been one of the team's most important players at times. He's been a horrific acquisition for the club because of what he's cost and his constant struggles with injury and discipline, but I like when he's on the pitch.

Stop being selective.

???

What a prick. :lol:

I tend to agree with Ronaldo. Whenever the boy has been given a chance to really hold down that position in the centre of midfield he's been alright and has been one of the team's most important players at times. He's been a horrific acquisition for the club because of what he's cost and his constant struggles with injury and discipline, but I like when he's on the pitch.

Yep.