Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Alan Nixon (:iamatwat:) reckons we'll accept as little as £1m to get rid of him.

Barton is clapped out, has no pace, poor goalscoring record & trouble off the park. May as well whack a day-glo sticker on him & sell him off cheaply.

Alan Nixon (:iamatwat:) reckons we'll accept as little as £1m to get rid of him.

Remember when he had everyone on the edge of their seat on whilst talking about a signing that would "blow away" Blackburn fans?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00792/robbie_fowler_792107c.jpg :lol:

I think the clubmight well let him go quite cheap rather than let him run his contract down. I know Joey's agent's said he'll give 100% in his final year but if Barton's pissed off who's to say?

Guest Chubby Jason

I think the clubmight well let him go quite cheap rather than let him run his contract down. I know Joey's agent's said he'll give 100% in his final year but if Barton's p*ssed off who's to say?

Nothing a late night Mcdonalds won't fix.

The quotes make this decision look final, but really its just the beginning. Only McKay wants him gone and thats where all the noise is coming from. At the end of the day, Barton wants to stay and is willing to reduce his wages to do so. It makes no sense to not even bother offering one of our key players a contract - McKay is a cretinous liar. If he wants 4 years and the club won't match that, isn't the obvious compromise to offer 3 years with the club's option for a 4th?

We should probably ignore today and wait for Joey/the club to speak.

ASTON VILLA aim to tempt Joey Barton into making an early exit from Newcastle United after claims from the unsettled midfielder's agent that the offer of a new contract is no longer on the table at St James' Park.

Barton has outlined his intention to see out the remaining 12 months of his existing deal. But his advisor, Willie McKay, indicated last night that the former Manchester City man is unlikely to extend his stay beyond that "unless there is new owners".

The 28-year-old has a fractious relationship with the Newcastle hierarchy, with sources close to the player claiming club owner Mike Ashley was only prepared to offer half of the four-year deal being demanded, with an option of a further 12 months.

Barton was close to agreeing terms during January, but changed his mind and now a long-running saga is beckoning.

The situation has led to a deterioration in Barton's dealings with Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias, which has effectively ended in yesterday's bold move from agent McKay to go public.

But McKay insists Barton, said to prefer a deal that would keep him on Tyneside for the long term, will be in no rush to be sold during the close-season.

"I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley this morning and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract," said McKay last night.

"It is a decision they have made. It is up to them. Joey likes it at Newcastle and he will run his contract out. If a top club comes in then it would be down to him.

"They (Ashley and Llambias) will be in a position where they will look to get something for him, but Joey is strong minded and he will stay for next season.

"I think the only way he stays at Newcastle (beyond next season) is if there are new owners. There is no problem with the manager. The decision has been taken above Alan Pardew."

Newcastle will be keen to ensure they do not lose a player of his quality without receiving a fee for him.

The Barton camp believe there was an offer made from Aston Villa in January, while there is also thought to be interest from German club Hamburg and Greek outfit Olympiacos.

But it would be a sizeable offer from Villa, who are looking to make additions to their squad this summer after a frustrating campaign, that is most likely at this stage.

Newcastle insist they will not close the door on reopening negotiations, but if Barton and McKay continue to hold out in a similar fashion then Ashley will be keen to sell.

McKay said: "I have had a few calls from other clubs already. Everyone knows about the situation. Only if a top club comes in will he move on. He has set his mind on staying at Newcastle."

Newcastle made no official comment yesterday, but did confirm that Sol Campbell and Shefki Kuqi have left the club.

So basically Barton is keen to fuck off if a top club comes in. Failing that Aston Villa or maybe some crap club on the continent. One last pay day wherever it is seems to be the order of the day.

Will fucking kill me watching Barton play for another team, the same it did with Carroll and will eventually with Enrique. I know players come and go, but with this bunch I had a real sense of pride, like it actually meant something to the lot of them. Ah well, back to square one I guess. Hope to fuck Mike, Pardew and Dekka have some good replacements lined up like.

Aye, be horrible watching Barton in another shirt like (if he leaves).

It would be if he ended up at a better club but since he won't I don't really care.

I don't really like Barton anywhere near as much as I used to like Carroll or Enrique. He's had three seasons of sucking up wages and doing absolutely nowt to make up for. He's only just gone up in my estimation from the "Alan Smith" level to the "okay, good player" level. If this isn't just McKay being McKay and he is indeed trying to hold the club hostage over this contract, he can fuck right off.

The simple fact of the matter is that we can't keep letting good first team players leave. How many is this that this mob have overseen leaving now, assuming he goes?

Carroll goes, "he's not irreplaceable", Enrique might be away, "he's not irreplaceable", now Barton and people are saying the same, wake up ffs. You can't have success or even progress with such a high turnover of players and it's not easy to find players as good as these... that's why they cost so much money. Sounds simple but plenty of people don't seem to get it judging by the posts on here.

I've said this before but Ferguson's success at Man Utd has never been based on simply buying good players, it is on keeping good players, occasionally adding to them and then keeping those good players too. The turnover of players there is incredibly low and that's not just because players don't want to leave, it's that he sees the value of keeping a team together even when some of those players are inferior to ones he could easily go and shell out a fortune on.

There's not a good player has left recently that hasn't been called a cunt upon leaving. When will the penny drop that maybe the club and those running it is the common factor? :lol: We should be doing everything we can to keep these players that make up the core of our team. Even if Barton was going to be replaced, then he becomes a quality squad player over time. Right now, we buy a top class wide player and it's still Ryan Taylor or Guthrie waiting in reserve when he gets injured/suspended/is shit

Progress under this lot? Keep dreaming. Pig sick of it, it's fucking ridiculous.

I've said this before but Ferguson's success at Man Utd has never been based on simply buying good players, it is on keeping good players,

Such as Ronaldo, Beckham, Stam, Keane, van Nistelrooy?

How long were Beckham and Keane at Man Utd for ffs?

I never said he's supposed to still have Bryan Robson on the books for Christ's sake. Man Utd keep their players longer than any other team in England, that is unarguable fact, and it includes the likes of Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher. It's about keeping a team together. Too many people now think management is like a computer game - "Barton's leaving, ah he's only a 8, we'll just buy a 9". It's not that simple.

The simple fact of the matter is that we can't keep letting good first team players leave. How many is this that this mob have overseen leaving now, assuming he goes?

Carroll goes, "he's not irreplaceable", Enrique might be away, "he's not irreplaceable", now Barton and people are saying the same, wake up ffs. You can't have success or even progress with such a high turnover of players and it's not easy to find players as good as these... that's why they cost so much money. Sounds simple but plenty of people don't seem to get it judging by the posts on here.

I've said this before but Ferguson's success at Man Utd has never been based on simply buying good players, it is on keeping good players, occasionally adding to them and then keeping those good players too. The turnover of players there is incredibly low and that's not just because players don't want to leave, it's that he sees the value of keeping a team together even when some of those players are inferior to ones he could easily go and shell out a fortune on.

There's not a good player has left recently that hasn't been called a c*** upon leaving. When will the penny drop that maybe the club and those running it is the common factor? :lol: We should be doing everything we can to keep these players that make up the core of our team. Even if Barton was going to be replaced, then he becomes a quality squad player over time. Right now, we buy a top class wide player and it's still Ryan Taylor or Guthrie waiting in reserve when he gets injured/suspended/is s***

Progress under this lot? Keep dreaming. Pig sick of it, it's f***ing ridiculous.

For the record, I think Barton is still staying, and Enrique hasn't been sold yet.

So to answer your question, # of key first team players moved on so far under this mob = 1

Er apart from Milner, N'Zogbia, Given, Bassong et al.

If you really think progress can be had by selling your better players and having a team dismantled every two years then you're free to believe that but you're wrong.

Er apart from Milner, N'Zogbia, Given, Bassong et al.

If you really think progress can be had by selling your better players and having a team dismantled every two years then you're free to believe that but you're wrong.

I don't believe that and never said I did so I'm not wrong.