Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

As somebody who has had his fair share of run in's with US immigration I presume he went on holiday and used the visa waiver system like most people do, but that to go and play football there the club needs to get Visa's for everyone, probably B1/B2's. Some of the players would need Visa's whatever the circumstances, Tiote, The Argies etc.

Still find it quite funny for a country rife with crime that a uk citizen who has a past misdemenour can't get approval to enter the country, even though they have him on record, know where he will be staying, who he will be with and when he will be there too.

Madness considering we used to run that fucking place too.

*waits for a bite for the last comment*

Guest sicko2ndbest

We all know Bartons game so it will be a good chance to see what Gosling, Cabaye, Marveux, Vuckic are made of

Thats fucking silly that like, surely exeptions could be let through on the basis that they know who they are and they have to go there for work. He's hardly going to shoe bomb the fucking plane is he?

We should do the same back, decline Michael Phelps next year the cunt. "What? You were convicted of drink driving and have be known to smoke cannabis? Go home, sir."

Guest TheSummerOf69

Are there any Newcastle 'XI' games while we're away? Might appear at Gateshead or Whitley Bay or something.

He's going to Holland:

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has been left out of the team's pre-season tour of America after the US Embassy refused to grant him a visa.

In 2008 he was jailed after admitting assault in Liverpool city centre.

In the same year he was given a suspended sentence for an assault on a team-mate at Manchester City.

Barton, 28, said that he regretted not being able to go, but did not expect to be treated more favourably than anyone in a similar situation.

Newcastle are due to depart for the US on Sunday, with matches scheduled against Sporting Kansas, Orlando City and Columbus Crew.

Barton will travel to Holland with the club's reserve team, which will play Hollandia, FC Utrecht and Almere City.

The midfielder said: "Unfortunately, I was denied my visa due to my past.

"I regret not being able to travel with the club on this trip, but at the same time, I don't expect to be treated any differently or more favourably than anyone else in a similar situation.

"All I can do is continue to improve as a person, which is what I intend to do."

He added: "Again, apologies to all the NUFC supporters, as well as the fast-growing legions of football supporters, in the United States who I was looking forward to meeting.

"I will see you in the future."

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has been left out of the team's pre-season tour of America after the US Embassy refused to grant him a visa.

In 2008 he was jailed after admitting assault in Liverpool city centre.

In the same year he was given a suspended sentence for an assault on a team-mate at Manchester City.

Barton, 28, said that he regretted not being able to go, but did not expect to be treated more favourably than anyone in a similar situation.

Newcastle are due to depart for the US on Sunday, with matches scheduled against Sporting Kansas, Orlando City and Columbus Crew.

Barton will travel to Holland with the club's reserve team, which will play Hollandia, FC Utrecht and Almere City.

The midfielder said: "Unfortunately, I was denied my visa due to my past.

"I regret not being able to travel with the club on this trip, but at the same time, I don't expect to be treated any differently or more favourably than anyone else in a similar situation.

"All I can do is continue to improve as a person, which is what I intend to do."

He added: "Again, apologies to all the NUFC supporters, as well as the fast-growing legions of football supporters, in the United States who I was looking forward to meeting.

"I will see you in the future."

As if the club wouldn't have known this would be the case. Daft not to have one of your better players & VC from the previous season not with the 1st team squad for a large chunk of preseason.