Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

NUST has been a failure which has left many to say whats the point the point there is nothing we can do. Had they kept momentum going and simply set up a fund like the Man u and Liverpool fans have in the past to collect funds but return them if a deal didn't go ahead then things might have been different

NUST was an ego trip set up by people for self publicity.

Guest Roger Kint

NUST has been a failure which has left many to say whats the point the point there is nothing we can do. Had they kept momentum going and simply set up a fund like the Man u and Liverpool fans have in the past to collect funds but return them if a deal didn't go ahead then things might have been different

Did they ever get round to explaining where their funds went to while they were doing sod all? Surely even the NUST would need to produce accounts at some stage?

Guest WashyGeordie

Did they ever get round to explaining where their funds went to while they were doing sod all? Surely even the NUST would need to produce accounts at some stage?

Well they have to fund their comedy and entertainment nights somehow...

:fishing:

To intentions of a few seems to be this yes but some like Peasepud (think he was one) were certainly looking to help the club and not themselves and put alot into NUST just to be left having no say and thinking whats the point.

No accounts were shown as far as I know.

Guest Roger Kint

To intentions of a few seems to be this yes but some like Peasepud (think he was one) were certainly looking to help the club and not themselves and put alot into NUST just to be left having no say and thinking whats the point.

Cant disagree with Mick on that tbh.

Peasepud was ok hence the reason he left during the fans ownership mongathon

From the Guardian CiF. Says everything I wanted to say but far more eloquently.

Joey Barton is a very good player. He is intelligent, both intellectually and in terms of playing the game/reading the game. He has no fear when playing, he gives his all but expects that from his teammates and the management of his club. He can rein in his temper - witness the assaults on his person during the Wolves game last season. He will never get a fair shake from referees, ever. He excelled last season in a team without superstars (Tiote, being the possible exception). He will develop further within a team with other good and intelligent players. He is a natural motivator and may become a great team-leader.

He has an ongoing anger management problem, which, all things being equal, he has almost mastered. His past misbehaviours were exacerbated by alcohol (he is now tee-total), blatant provocation by third parties and woeful lack of judgement and self-control.

It is shameful in the extreme, the way in which he is still blindly vilified by people making judgements from a position of ignorance.

The progress he has made, is now being put in jeopardy by the duplicitous, underhand and lying behaviour of the upper echelons at NUFC. I applaud his restraint, in these matters. I would have reacted in a far less judicious fashion.

It grieves me to see how somebody with backbone is treated by the club he undoubtedly feels deeply for - this, (even) given my cynicism about matters concerning money/loyalty to the badge. To be flayed for telling the truth, about the ownwership and management of my football club, bespeaks a rotteness, not of his making, which permeates the club.

I hold no brief for the Joey Barton of old, but to pillory the man indefinitely for what he has done in the past, does not reflect well on the who cast the stones.

Pardew is a nonentity, he can neither manage nor even have belief in his own pathetic utterances. I believe that he has lost all respect from "his" squad. He is merely a conduit for Ashley and Lambias - an irrelevance. As for Ashley and the Goebbels look-a-like, I cannot comment without being modded. They are the ruination of a once, great club.

Barton is worth his salt. He will have to be managed, well. He is due the respect of someone who is intelligent and can make his point of view forcibly, not treated like the nodding, jobsworth yes-men who for the most part make up the players in the Premiership, today.

If a club can take on the complicated, talented player he undoubtedly is, Joey Barton could be the signing of the summer.

However a small part of me wishes he would stay and make life unbearable for puppet Pardew and his vile masters.

Guest hobshobs

Spot on. A complete failure. Surprised there hasn't been more questions raised about where all the subscription monies have gone but that will probably be Mike Ashley's fault as well if you believe everything you read on here.

Just a thought but they should be looking at giving any monies held to a very worthwhile cause. Anybody who was in Plymouth when we clinched the Championship I'm sure would agree, a deserving club in real need of any financial help.

If all the groups did get together as one rather than needing any sort of paid membership or nonsense like that then one day we might actually get a say on the board. Also means the likes of Steve wouldn't have to be the so called mouth piece of the fans.

Oh aye, and who do you think will be the one getting the say on the board as we won't all fit?

Uber mouth piece Steve Wraith by any chance?

Joey Barton is a very good player. He is intelligent, both intellectually and in terms of playing the game/reading the game. He has no fear when playing, he gives his all but expects that from his teammates and the management of his club. He can rein in his temper - witness the assaults on his person during the Wolves game last season. He will never get a fair shake from referees, ever. He excelled last season in a team without superstars (Tiote, being the possible exception). He will develop further within a team with other good and intelligent players. He is a natural motivator and may become a great team-leader.

He has an ongoing anger management problem, which, all things being equal, he has almost mastered. His past misbehaviours were exacerbated by alcohol (he is now tee-total), blatant provocation by third parties and woeful lack of judgement and self-control.

It is shameful in the extreme, the way in which he is still blindly vilified by people making judgements from a position of ignorance.

The progress he has made, is now being put in jeopardy by the duplicitous, underhand and lying behaviour of the upper echelons at NUFC. I applaud his restraint, in these matters. I would have reacted in a far less judicious fashion.

It grieves me to see how somebody with backbone is treated by the club he undoubtedly feels deeply for - this, (even) given my cynicism about matters concerning money/loyalty to the badge. To be flayed for telling the truth, about the ownwership and management of my football club, bespeaks a rotteness, not of his making, which permeates the club.

I hold no brief for the Joey Barton of old, but to pillory the man indefinitely for what he has done in the past, does not reflect well on the who cast the stones.

Pardew is a nonentity, he can neither manage nor even have belief in his own pathetic utterances. I believe that he has lost all respect from "his" squad. He is merely a conduit for Ashley and Lambias - an irrelevance. As for Ashley and the Goebbels look-a-like, I cannot comment without being modded. They are the ruination of a once, great club.

Barton is worth his salt. He will have to be managed, well. He is due the respect of someone who is intelligent and can make his point of view forcibly, not treated like the nodding, jobsworth yes-men who for the most part make up the players in the Premiership, today.

If a club can take on the complicated, talented player he undoubtedly is, Joey Barton could be the signing of the summer.

However a small part of me wishes he would stay and make life unbearable for puppet Pardew and his vile masters.

If all the groups did get together as one rather than needing any sort of paid membership or nonsense like that then one day we might actually get a say on the board. Also means the likes of Steve wouldn't have to be the so called mouth piece of the fans.

Oh aye, and who do you think will be the one getting the say onthe board as we won't all fit?

Steve f***ing Wraith by any chance?

To be honest in terms of the board I like the Barca model. 25 people randomly picked from the members (I believe over 25yr old only) who are then allowed to attend board meetings for that season and help make decisions.

Part of me would really like to say that tbh. We're not going anywhere under Ashley, I want his time here to be as uncomfortable as possible to try and push him more & more towards selling.

It's my honest opinion that this sort of action will just antagonise Ashley and make him even more determined to run the business on a purely profit basis. Nothing to be gained at this point by getting antsy.

Your honest opinion is flawed, he's running the business on a purely profit basis now and that has been his aim for at least as long as Llambias has been here.

He could make a lot more profit out of it without signing players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Ba. In fact I reckon to run the club on a profit maximising basis he would have been mad to sell Nolan as you could get enough goals from a side playing long ball football with Nolan and a few other big hard players to ensure survival every season. Top that off with interest charges on his loan and he could make a tidy sum surely?

He's not making any profit FFS, and likely never will unless he finds a Sheik with a few billion to spend on us. He's just minimising his outlay.

Almost breaking even to 37 million income must mean a profit, mustn't it?

I wonder how Barton wishing to stay with us regardless of people trying to push him out is going over with the people on here who were trying very hard to convince the world that all this has been part of Joey's masterplan to... force a move?

I'm sure you'll find more convoluted ways to lay the entire blame on him again.

Anyways, for once we get a player who isn't shy of letting his passion for the club show and half of us are too cynical to even take it at face value.

Not defending his actions thus far, btw, his tweeting has definitely harmed the club, but I just don't buy that it was all intentional and every single character was written out of malice.

He's not making any profit FFS, and likely never will unless he finds a Sheik with a few billion to spend on us. He's just minimising his outlay.

Almost breaking even to 37 million income must mean a profit, mustn't it?

This season maybe, yes. The problem is all the the other years.

This season maybe, yes. The problem is all the the other years.

That's gone though and I've said it loads of times, Ashley, or his mouth piece keeps telling us that he's not taking money out. 

At this time the club is running at a profit, by that I mean this financial year as I have always recognised what he has put in up until now.

I wonder how Barton wishing to stay with us regardless of people trying to push him out is going over with the people on here who were trying very hard to convince the world that all this has been part of Joey's masterplan to... force a move?

I'm sure you'll find more convoluted ways to lay the entire blame on him again.

Anyways, for once we get a player who isn't shy of letting his passion for the club show and half of us are too cynical to even take it at face value.

Not defending his actions thus far, btw, his tweeting has definitely harmed the club, but I just don't buy that it was all intentional and every single character was written out of malice.

They'd probably say to you that there's a very good chance that nobody is matching what he wants so he's talking about how he might just decide to stay incase nobody ever does.  I don't think anyones blamed him for all of this either.  I've said many times that there are three main cock ends at fault in this, Barton, Ashley and Llambias.  I just don't agree with the people who paint Barton as a hero who just loves the club and is speaking out for our own good ect.. bollocks IMO.

I would say his tweeting has not damaged the club, but it has damaged the owners.

Only and idiot would blame the institution of Newcastle United rather than the current owners (see Louise Taylor).

The owner runs the club, if mud is thrown at the owner of the club it will inevitably hit the club as well.  I think what your talking about is long term damage, no this won't damage the club long term, but in the short term it has.

Guest bimpy474

I would say his tweeting has not damaged the club, but it has damaged the owners.

Only and idiot would blame the institution of Newcastle United rather than the current owners (see Louise Taylor).

Thats something i hate about the press, its always the club this, the club that, surely it should be the owners right now, the club is us is it not, without supporters clubs cease to be.