Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I absolutely adore reading Barton's tweets and interviews. Probably one of my favourite footballers around. He's different because he's well spoken but confrontational. He takes no crap and I really hope he one-ups the board here. If any player will go out of his way to stay, just to spite the board, then it'll be Joey Barton.

Only reason he'd stay would be because he rather be confrontational than playing football.

If the club doesn't want him here, he should just pack his bags and leave. There is nothing to admire if he stays on which will only show he's a money grabbing cunt which I hope he isnt. I do hope however that the club makes a u-turn and lets him stay.

What I am saying is that if they refuse to play him what is his point in staying at the club? Footballing reasons or money? Seriously, does he rather pick up his +£70k here and not play or does he rather pick £40k somewhere else and get playing time.

If the club forbids Pardew from playing him then I see no point in him staying, it will actually damage the club more than if he leaves. Ridiculous to think otherwise.

Right now the fans are the only people putting money into the club, we stop you think he will prop it up ?

Fans stop and he will have to sell the club. He's business man running us like a business and not a football club. He's probably going to make a profit sooner or later. But as long as there is money coming into the club he's in charge.

If they refuse to play him then I agree, I don't think that will happen though (it is Mike though so you never know). Smith on the other hand...

Seriously though Barton will not stay if he's completely outcast, for the sake of his career.

That was the only thing I was trying to say. I hope for the sake of the club that Barton and FATley and LlambASS can come to an agreement because Barton is vital to this team. (of course all this if those rumours about him lashing out at everything are inaccurate)

If he leaves you'll undoubtedly miss his "strong character" on the pitch.

He's very stupid because he could have been your captain, i think he has this natural leadership you'll probably need with all those departures (Nolan, Enrique) and the new signings...

I think his actions over the past few months have shown that he lacks leadership. He has desire but it is mostly self-centred. I would be happier if he left as I don't think he's as interested in the team's future as his own, and with so many new players to bed in, he's shown little interest in helping them acclimatise.

Agree. It's a ridiculous dilemma that we as a club have a habit of creating. How do you deal with a situation where the most potent attacking player at the club could let you down at any time? Bellamy comes to mind tbh. Whatever is said about JB his talent or something close to it needs replacing, and there's a debate in itself on that topic.

All this.

I finally began to warm to him last season. Now he just seems like a self-centred bellend who is probably more trouble than he's worth.

Has he been confirmed in or out of the last friendly?

Journal this morning says he's out:

"The midfielder has been withdrawn from tomorrow’s friendly against Fiorentina and trained with the development team yesterday but the change in tone from Newcastle’s furious reaction to his Elland Road Tweets was marked. And, while Pardew chose his words carefully, it is clear that his personal relationship with the midfielder is repairable."

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/05/cooling-off-period-begins-at-st-james-park-61634-29181372/#ixzz1U8raZriY

Has he been confirmed in or out of the last friendly?

Journal this morning says he's out:

"The midfielder has been withdrawn from tomorrow’s friendly against Fiorentina and trained with the development team yesterday but the change in tone from Newcastle’s furious reaction to his Elland Road Tweets was marked. And, while Pardew chose his words carefully, it is clear that his personal relationship with the midfielder is repairable."

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/05/cooling-off-period-begins-at-st-james-park-61634-29181372/#ixzz1U8raZriY

Long story short, Ashley said get rid, Pardew said who am I getting in return, long pause hmmmm maybe if Joey is good then he can stay.