Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Passed the League One table a week or two ago and thought he seemed to still be doing a stable job which surprised me. Might stick a bit on them to plummet to relegation now; proper shit man management but I guess it's been a while since he showed his true colours.

Do we still have a weird group of fans that think he's a cult hero because he managed to stay fit long enough to punt the ball into the general vicinity of Carroll's noggin for six months and took easy digs at the mackems, or did everyone finally get over that? :lol:

37 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Unless we man up – and I know you have to be careful saying that in the modern era – and absolutely eradicate these weak, feeble-minded individuals that are currently inside our unit, we won’t get promoted out of this division.

:anguish: :lol: GBNews-tastic

You'd think he would have a small idea of how to get through to young players with discipline issues. If he looks back at himself at 24 and thinks "if my manager publicly threw me under the bus when I did such and such, that would totally have turned me around" he's even dumber than I thought.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-bad-boy-joey-barton-8878350#amp-readmore-target

Just one fascinating article:

Point 1. The article actually talks about him being suspended for a training ground bust up (his time at Rangers). :lol: what's that 3/4 clubs he was suspended from?

Point 2. Talks about his dad running over a dog in retribution for him being attacked by a dog. Which in itself is highly aggressive behaviour from his father but interestingly, it sounds like Barton defends his fathers actions and outlook. His father's son?

Point 3. Psychopaths often are exposed to/ have experience with the mutilation of animals. I suspect this incident was profound on him. Lack of empathy? Judging by his absolute lack of care to the people he hurts, its certainly possible that he's a Psychopath or at least has an Anti-Social personality. He's narcissistic, judging by his "philosophy" on twitter a few years ago.

On the one hand, I feel some sympathy because his character has undoubtedly been created from his youth but I'd bet my backside that he will be in trouble again before long.

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I liked it when he said he was mates with Morrissey and would repeat passages from his Penguin Book of Clever Quotes so that he could show us what footballers think intellectuals sound like.

doesn’t matter who said them first. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-bad-boy-joey-barton-8878350#amp-readmore-target

Just one fascinating article:

Point 1. The article actually talks about him being suspended for a training ground bust up (his time at Rangers). :lol: what's that 3/4 clubs he was suspended from?

Point 2. Talks about his dad running over a dog in retribution for him being attacked by a dog. Which in itself is highly aggressive behaviour from his father but interestingly, it sounds like Barton defends his fathers actions and outlook. His father's son?

Point 3. Psychopaths often are exposed to/ have experience with the mutilation of animals. I suspect this incident was profound on him. Lack of empathy? Judging by his absolute lack of care to the people he hurts, its certainly possible that he's a Psychopath or at least has an Anti-Social personality. He's narcissistic, judging by his "philosophy" on twitter a few years ago.

On the one hand, I feel some sympathy because his character has undoubtedly been created from his youth but I'd bet my backside that he will be in trouble again before long.

I found it very uncomfortable reading. I can't accept the survival tag to justify shocking behaviour. 

The comment you make about the lack of empathy is spot on. 

I also think his time here was over celebrated 

Joey Barton thinking he's in a position to pass judgement on what being a man (as opposed to a boy) is :lol:

He's a worm. Whether the player he's talking about is a boy or a man, you can guarantee they have more about them than that worthless stain. 

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it is. :lol: He loves to pride himself on being some progressive intellectual yet that has to be one of the most toxic managerial quotes I've seen in a while. Manages to insult the poor lad like eight times.

Can't think of a single cliche PFM dumb enough to come out with that shite. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/10/2023 at 18:18, wormy said:

Passed the League One table a week or two ago and thought he seemed to still be doing a stable job which surprised me. Might stick a bit on them to plummet to relegation now; proper shit man management but I guess it's been a while since he showed his true colours.

Shame I don't get to see if this comes true but also grateful I forgot to put it on.

Might be one for our resident Rovers fans, but sounds like he did a decent job their overall? But eventually, as you'd expect with someone of his personality, it comes crashing down when he starts to get frustrated, and annoyed, and his real colours start to show.

18 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

"Joey Barton has been sacked as manager of Bristol Rovers just two days after he called rival boss Steve Evans a 'fat man' and a 'weeble'."

Evans must be sitting there going "Aye, weeble with a fucking job."

Just now, OverThere said:

Seems a little harsh. Won 4, drew 4 and lost 5?

Considering the reason this thread was bumped last time I'd assume it's as much about his absolute dogshit personality as it is results.

5 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

"Joey Barton has been sacked as manager of Bristol Rovers just two days after he called rival boss Steve Evans a 'fat man' and a 'weeble'."

Evans must be sitting there going "Aye, weeble with a fucking job."

:lol:

Never change, Joey.  What an absolute knacker.

Edited by Sima