Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would be tempted to shove him in with Cheick and Cabaye against City, like. I know that changing your method is pandering to your opposition's ability, but with a side like that - who are lightyears ahead of anyone else in the league - i reckon you can make an exception.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Would be tempted to shove him in with Cheick and Cabaye against City, like. I know that changing your method is pandering to your opposition's ability, but with a side like that - who are lightyears ahead of anyone else in the league - i reckon you can make an exception.

Probably will be. I know Pardew likes the "gamble with two strikers" thing but he'll be mental to leave out a midfielder in this one.

The improvement in Guthrie's performances has been unreal. He exuded confidence every time he was on the ball, released the ball at the right time and kept it when under pressure.

The change seems to be between his ears. Perhaps he's been under the shadow of the more vocal characters in Nolan and Barton.

I was never Guthrie's biggest fan but he's been class this season. Suffered a bit when Cabaye was replaced by Gosling but still an outstanding midfield performance. I agree with the general opinion, he was MOTM by a distance.

Genuinanly looks like he belongs in the midfield of a top 10 premier league side. Its funny how short some peoples memories are. Last season people never wanted to see him in a black and white shirt ever again, after his performance against West Brom at the Hawthorns. We need to have more faith in our players and support them to get the best out of them, much like Obertan and Raylor.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its his emo eyeliner. It gives him powers. Powers of emotions. Powers of screamycryingshitemusic. Still, it improves his performances on the pitch.

Tbh, the way he is playing now Tioté better watch out.

Feels good with three good midfielders. Time to try Abeid and see if we have four good central midfielders.

Guthire man. You are now officially one of my new favorite players :smitten:

Guest Dontooner

Good  game again today. His range of passing is certainly top notch.

Do lack a bit of pace to bring the ball forward though , manage to tackle the ball on a couple of occasions but lack the extra yard to take advantage of it.

Genuinanly looks like he belongs in the midfield of a top 10 premier league side. Its funny how short some peoples memories are. Last season people never wanted to see him in a black and white shirt ever again, after his performance against West Brom at the Hawthorns. We need to have more faith in our players and support them to get the best out of them, much like Obertan and Raylor.

Agree, apart from Smith, of course. That bloke's just a lost cause.

Agree, apart from Smith, of course. That bloke's just a lost cause.

Was nice to see that with our 2 first choice central midfielders out Smith still isn't near the pitch.