Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm clinging to Ian's positivity that he realises a high amount of appearances in what essentially looks like enforced rotation at a team looking good for knocking onto challenging for Europe is better than chugging along as first choice in mid table.

And fuck me what an awfully constructed sentence. Fuck it.

Fantastic today, made most things he did today look effortless. Didn't expect such a massive turnaround following last season's disappointing showings, but he's now more than proving his worth to the team. Long may it continue.

The cynical cunt in me still wants us to let him sweat on it a bit, at least whilst we still absolutely need him in the first team...

So long as he's tied down by March, all should be cushty...

Saying that, he might tell us to fuck off if he's lynched as soon as Cabaye and Cheick come back, having worked his tits off for the side.

Surely he'll have the nouse to realise being back up to them two is a class position for him. One of them's usually suspended anyway, and we'll have the European fixtures next season as well.

???

I'm not convinced about that. He could be starting in the Premier League every week for someone like Fulham or West Brom.

Wouldn't be the worst replacement for Danny Murphy for Fulham particularly as he has age on his side and should in theory get better.

England squad if he carries on as is?

I think I've underestimated how well he's playing simply because it's Guthrie. He's probably been better than Cabaye recently, and that's no criticism of Cabaye.

I think I've underestimated how well he's playing simply because it's Guthrie. He's probably been better than Cabaye recently, and that's no criticism of Cabaye.

Guthrie's been playing better than Cabaye for a fairly long time tbh. Saying that, Guthrie still has issues about providing protection for the back-four, it's just not in his game, whereas Cabaye has much more of a motor and can put a defensive shift in. Probably why Cabaye is sacrificed for the DM role when the two play together.

Guthrie's been playing better than Cabaye for a fairly long time tbh. Saying that, Guthrie still has issues about providing protection for the back-four, it's just not in his game, whereas Cabaye has much more of a motor and can put a defensive shift in. Probably why Cabaye is sacrificed for the DM role when the two play together.

don't agree, he's been marginally better  of late on the ball but doesn't get through half the defensive/off the ball  work cabaye does.