Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he only wasn't so damn slow. He has the ability to create a little bit of space at times, but can't exploit it - watching him trying to run away from someone is akin to watching a lazy camel trying to outrun a thoroughbred racehorse. And that was just Michael Carrick...

Decent backup CM otherwise.

Think he's capable-ish if he has an athletic midfielder alongside him. Just never, ever play him and Nolan as the CM pair.

An athletic midfielder like Tiote?

Best performance for a while tonight, still distinctly average mind.

Best he's played for us in over a year.

I'd go with that. Especially considering it was United. His gutless performance against West Brom is still in peoples minds, tonight he was a different player and used the ball well. Also moved forward with it at times. Needs to be more consistent with his cross field balls mind.

Said pre-match that him alongside Tiote would be interesting. Shame he didn't do more to try and hurt Man U though. Did he have a shot or make any runs into their box? His problem is he's happy to be in the background and doesn't take charge in games.

Can't believe that was the same central midfield pairing that was completely outmuscled and outpassed by West f***ing Brom only three or four months ago.

It's f*cking frustrating but it is the old syndrome of - same players, different opposition, different mindset. We'll take anyone out around us in the table playing like we did tonight. But we were up for it tonight, and we aren't always.

Can't believe that was the same central midfield pairing that was completely outmuscled and outpassed by West f***ing Brom only three or four months ago.

It's f*cking frustrating but it is the old syndrome of - same players, different opposition, different mindset. We'll take anyone out around us in the table playing like we did tonight. But we were up for it tonight, and we aren't always.

It is a bit frustrating but I'm not sure whether it really is mental or it's just that they're not good enough to always play to their best. Hard to tell.

Best he's played for us in over a year.

I'd go with that. Especially considering it was United. His gutless performance against West Brom is still in peoples minds, tonight he was a different player and used the ball well. Also moved forward with it at times. Needs to be more consistent with his cross field balls mind.

He plays for us every game mate.

Guest Mantis

Did very well tonight. Nice and tidy, nothing silly, and made some important blocks/tackles. No complaints here.

Much the same against Wolves.He's done well covering lately.

Did well I'm pleased to say.  Never thought I'd see the day this thread would have half a page acknowledging his performance.  Reality is beyond the first choice 11, that is our standard.