Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Reading between the lines I think Hughton will play the same team as Saturday, which means we're Royally screwed with Shola up front.

Can't think of a pun involving Madejski, sorry.

Well be Madejskially handed our arses.

Reading between the lines I think Hughton will play the same team as Saturday, which means we're Royally screwed with Shola up front.

Can't think of a pun involving Madejski, sorry.

Well be Madejskially handed our arses.

So it can be done!  ;D

Anyone playing Ameobi needs a fucking slap, honestly, what do you lot drink?

Krul

Taylor  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Jonas  Barton  Smith  Duff

Xisco  Carroll

Harper/ Krul

Raylor        Saylor    Colo (argh) Enrique

Jose (argh) Barton    Nolan (argh)  Duff

Smith Carroll

I'd stick Smith up front, Carroll & Shola are too similar & although not ideal I'd see what Smith could do up front. We could do with Guthrie or Butt being fit as Nolan looks off the pace.

If things need changing we could bring Ranger on and move Smith back. Have to hope Jonas and Colo decide to turn up.

Whatever we do we must not start with Shola, he is fucking shocking.

Got to have pace up front.

Go with Caroll who can hold the ball up then whoever we have with pace must play off him.

Shola should be sent to mars.

I'm making my first ever trip to Newcastle and SJP for this match. Cannot fucking wait!!!

Any suggestions on where to sit (which stand) for a first time experience? I'm looking forward to the atmosphere more than anything else tbh.

Found some tickets in the lower tiers in the Gallowgate, near the corner flag. Any good?

Someone please help  :aww:

I don't like Duff but I'd much prefer him playing off Carroll than on the wing, he's completely wasted there as he's lost most of his sharpness and zip, crossing's shite too, he made a few good runs in behind yesterday that weren't picked out and I certainly think he'll do a better job than Xisco/Shola/Ranger. Will complement Carroll more as well.

I'm making my first ever trip to Newcastle and SJP for this match. Cannot f***ing wait!!!

Any suggestions on where to sit (which stand) for a first time experience? I'm looking forward to the atmosphere more than anything else tbh.

Found some tickets in the lower tiers in the Gallowgate, near the corner flag. Any good?

Anywhere near the gallowgate is good mate.

Guest Heneage

The midfielders need to get ahead of Carroll for this game.

Mr Shearer is that you?

RUMBLED?!

It's common sense though. If he's intent on just flicking it on, the midfielders need to run off him and look to play almost along side him, if we aren't feeling that confident then Smith needs to hang back and Barton can push forward getting the scraps.

Guest WashyGeordie

I'm making my first ever trip to Newcastle and SJP for this match. Cannot f***ing wait!!!

Level 7 Leazes Corner, or the South East Corner/Gallowgate if your looking for atmosphere.

Hughton incharge still it may very well be an unchanged starting 11 or he may drop Carroll and start Barton.

At home we need to overun them, look to go for a big win.

-------------------Harps

S.Rat------Kadar---------Colo---------Jose

-------------------Smith©

-----Barton------------------------Jonas

-------------------Ranger

-----Carroll---------------------Duff

Level 7 Leazes Corner, or the South East Corner/Gallowgate if your looking for atmosphere.

^^ this

Guest Heneage

Will you be going to the trent before hand?

Will you be going to the trent before hand?

I'd be up for the trent if there's a general gathering planned.....I've got no mates interested in footy apart from dan b  :weep:

Guest The Libertine

All the Carroll love is funny considering everyone seemed to hate him less then a week ago.

there was a thread filled with people completely writing him off based on about 5 mins of a game once.