Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Guest Heneage

Dont know what will happen with this game. Rogers seems to favour youth so maybe they will make mistakes due to lack of experience.

Guest Wally_McFool

Some of the "unavailable" grey areas on the season ticket  map will will left empty anyway such as Leazes Level 7. That map gives you the impression that they have sold those areas out. I think the crowd will be more like 28,000 if Ashley has decided to stick around

Some of the "unavailable" grey areas on the season ticket  map will will left empty anyway such as Leazes Level 7. That map gives you the impression that they have sold those areas out. I think the crowd will be more like 28,000 if Ashley has decided to stick around

Level 7 wouldn't be available as thats where the away fans are allocated. The other seats in level 7 for home fans are likely to be cash turnstiles. I reckon there'll be about 35k there plus on saturday.

Reading won 5-1 in the Carling Cup yesterday. Maybe not the pushover some might be expecting.

Aye because the opposition was top notch like

No it wasn't but a 5-1 win doesn't suggest a pushover. If it happens I suppose you'll be right.

Harper in goal but what's the back 4 now Bass and Beye have gone?

For me:

Harper

R Taylor

S. Taylor

Colo

Enrique

Alan Smith

Nolan

Duff

Tommy Smith (if signed in time)

Shola

Carroll.

2-0 Newcastle

Crowd 45,817

When was the last time there was a crowd like that in the 2nd tier?