Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

I think Jonas will be off by the weekend, so Lua Lua will have to do for the season I suppose... (backup? what's that?)

IMO Reading aren't that good at the moment, and we're at home so we have to be seen as favorites. Hopefully Shola will show that he can do a job in the Championship because like it or not, Shola-Carroll seems like our front two for the rest of the season.

Personally for me this is a must win game, it's like a derby for me since I've been living in Berkshire for 2 years and work in Reading.

I'd love to see us come out of this 2 - 1 / 2-0 winners although can't see us keeping a clean sheet anytime soon.

I can't see Reading reaching the play offs this season as from what I remember they've got rid of alot of key personel in the summer with none more important than Coppell who I think was the reason for their success.

I rate Reading higher than I do West Brom as a team but saying that I haven't really paid attention to them since they got relegated in the 07/08 season. Are they nothing much to shout about now?

Totally different team played on saturday compared to last season- Average age 22-oldest player 25.Have lost Coppell and several players from last season. Not at the match on Saturday but on all accounts Scott Davies played a blinder. New manager very keen to play a passing game.

Guest Geordiekev

Not going to give a prediction on the result "tempting fate n all" but the attendance will hugely depend on the outcome of ownership this week, we sell and then I would expect a huge turnout, if we don't then I'm sure thousands will sit getting sloshed in bars watching on via the big screen.  :tickedoff:

I will be happy to see Carroll and Xisco both start.

Me too.  I'd love to see something along these lines:

Krul/Harper

Raylor Saylor Colo Enrique

Jonas Smith/Guthrie Barton Duff

Carroll Xisco

With subs (Lua Lua for Duff/Jonas and Ranger for Carroll/Xisco) coming on around the 70 minute mark so they actually have a chance to influence the match.

I imagine it will be an unchanged team but personally i'd be a bit creative and go for;

Krul

Colo        Taylor          Kadar      Enrique

Smith

Barton

Jonas                                            Duff

Nolan

Carroll   

Team will be unchanged injuries and sales pending imo, hopefully we won't take so long to make substitutions this time. Interesting to see if Ranger coming on the other day means he is ahead of Xisco in the pecking order now.

interesting to see if barton comes in and wether krul keeps his place.

didn't there used to be a reading fan post on here ? wheres he gone when you need a bit of info on them.

really really looking forward to this.

I rate Reading higher than I do West Brom as a team but saying that I haven't really paid attention to them since they got relegated in the 07/08 season. Are they nothing much to shout about now?

Totally different team played on saturday compared to last season- Average age 22-oldest player 25.Have lost Coppell and several players from last season. Not at the match on Saturday but on all accounts Scott Davies played a blinder. New manager very keen to play a passing game.

For maddy.

For maddy.

i said somewhere else that i only recognised a couple of the names on their teamsheet from last weekend but of these youngsters what are they like ? any good ?

If we play  :colo: I will not be impressed.

I don't care who else we play there, just not him. You can get away with one ball playing defender in the Championship (Enrique) but not two. They gave me a few foot in mouth moments at the Hawthorns Saturday. I had to get 2 Carlsberg's at HT to calm myself!

Right.

Sorted myself out with tickets in the Gallowgate lower tier, somewhere between the corner flag and the goal.

Will be traveling with the lass and my best mate (Manure fan).

Cant f***ing wait to set sight on the turf for the first time, and Local Hero blaring out of the speakers  :smitten:

Guest schmuck

If we play  :colo: I will not be impressed.

I don't care who else we play there, just not him. You can get away with one ball playing defender in the Championship (Enrique) but not two.

You could get away with 4 if they were any good

Right.

Sorted myself out with tickets in the Gallowgate lower tier, somewhere between the corner flag and the goal.

Will be traveling with the lass and my best mate (Manure fan).

Cant f***ing wait to set sight on the turf for the first time, and Local Hero blaring out of the speakers  :smitten:

O0 ... Good man.

Anybody got any idea's how many tickets we've sold for this one. Or indeed, how many season tickets we've shifted.

Supposed to be 25,000 season tickets.  I was looking at one today actually but the site won't let me add it to the basket, obviously they don't want to sell them :rolleyes:

It would however let me add a single ticket for the Reading game, at a cost of... £30.. fuck that!