Newcastle United 3 - 0 Reading - 15/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

JH

Good win and performance I thought. Could see the confidence boost that the first goal gave the side - could have very easily been 4 or 5. Had almost forgotten what a win feels like to be honest, so it's given the rest of the weekend a good feel.

One swallow doesn't make a summer though and whilst it's provided a bit of a platform, things are still very uncertain. Need to get that fat southern **** out of the club and then we can move forwards again.

What the fuck was that?  :mackems: Taylor dribbling full length down the middle of the pitch and back again, An Ameobi hat trick. standing ovation for Smith

Crazy

lets not get carried away

West Brom and Reading are not the litmus test for this league, they play a bit of football but aren't as physical as the vast majority of teams who wont give us time on the ball and try to play through us.

That said, pretty encouraging that the midfield appeared to have a modicum of cohesion, something we haven't had for a while

lets not get carried away

West Brom and Reading are not the litmus test for this league, they play a bit of football but aren't as physical as the vast majority of teams who wont give us time on the ball and try to play through us.

That said, pretty encouraging that the midfield appeared to have a modicum of cohesion, something we haven't had for a while

indeed coventry I think will be a tough game

http://i28.tinypic.com/vq1und.jpg

Come on Ashley, you know it feels good.

Seems pretty obvious to me what's going to happen now. Ashley will keep the club and he'll put his mate Moat in charge of the day to day running of it. It'll curry favour with the fans allowing him to keep hold of it and get much more cash if we get promoted.

I may be wrong, but IMO there is no way Ashley is going to sell up if we're playing well. In less than twelve months time he could have a Premiership club again and ask a Premiership price for it.

Did anyone hear a chant coming from the corner taking the piss out of phil brown?, anyone know the words to it?, I couldn't make it out from the east stand

That was Phil Brown mate. He was applying for the managers job.

Guest Heneage

Seems pretty obvious to me what's going to happen now. Ashley will keep the club and he'll put his mate Moat in charge of the day to day running of it. It'll curry favour with the fans allowing him to keep hold of it and get much more cash if we get promoted.

I may be wrong, but IMO there is no way Ashley is going to sell up if we're playing well. In less than twelve months time he could have a Premiership club again and ask a Premiership price for it.

I reckon Moat will have told him the squad needs investment if it's going up.

I'm chuffed for Shola but he headed that first one the way I head a ball! Keep your head down in case it smacks you in the face :lol:

It's a good feeling to win and the confidence will do us good. They looked like they enjoyed their football today too. Bobby was smiling down :aww:

From Shola's wiki:

Scored his first professional hat trick against Reading on 14 August 2009, with two bullet headers and a ferocious penalty. Later that day he was linked with a move to Benfica, which was later rubbished.

Well done the lads! f*** me I've forgotten what it's like to watch us outplay a team and see our cf bag a hat-trick. I don't know the appropriate respone anymore  :crazy2:

I think we're going to do really well this season, the players are actually showing some passion and the very thing we were desperately lacking last season, PACE, is not THAT important for this league. Pace is crucial in the PL but these lower leagues seem to be littered with Jonas's.... pacey players with little end product. Add Beckford to the front line before d-day and we'll finish first.  :snod:

f*** me I haven't felt this positive about the team for years. What is this sorcery???  :undecided:

Had the same thought myself actually.  I was wondering what people would think if Moat bought 50% of the club or something and ran the day-to-day operations letting Ashley just live in the shadows and pick up a wedge.

Watched it on tv - loved it. Ameobi scores the first hat trick for the club since, I think, Owen away at West Ham in December 2005  :lol:

Don't know if its been on here already but can someone who was at the match tell me if the Spanish speakers in our squad were pleased with the goals today? The photos on page 24 of this thread are what we saw on tv and it was Nolan. Smith, Taylor, Carroll etc giving it large. Did Jonas and Collicini celebrate?

Watched it on tv - loved it. Ameobi scores the first hat trick for the club since, I think, Owen away at West Ham in December 2005  :lol:

Don't know if its been on here already but can someone who was at the match tell me if the Spanish speakers in our squad were pleased with the goals today? The photos on page 24 of this thread are what we saw on tv and it was Nolan. Smith, Taylor, Carroll etc giving it large. Did Jonas and Collicini celebrate?

The first goal, Colo and Jonas went straight up to Enrique to celebrate his superb assist

The first goal, Colo and Jonas went straight up to Enrique to celebrate his superb assist

Thanks  :thup: