Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Newcastle - 22/08/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

How many more games before we can declare this league to be piss easy?

Threadbare squad with our best players gone, a coach way out of his depth filling the manager void, and yet we're joint top with Boro who seem to be in the same boat as us in terms of having players who are either too good for this level or well suited to it.

Judging by last year's table, Cardiff, Sheffield Utd and Preston NE might be the only other decent teams we haven't faced.

It may well appear to be a "piss easy" league to us right now, but let's see if folks still feel that way when the threadbare nature of our squad combines with fixture congestion, injuries, fatigue and the onslaught of a potential Cup run as well. All of that will take its toil, and if you add in the possibility that we could also be facing all of that without the services of Taylor, Coloccini, Ameobi...whoever else that may be sold...

Don't let's go counting chickens just yet, eh?  :undecided:

Don't get me wrong, I'd wholeheatedly agree that it's far too early to think we'll dominate the league. I'm thinking more along the lines of the league itself as a whole (i.e. the standard of the teams within it) being pretty piss poor compared to what we've been told beforehand, particularly comments about not underestimating the quality that is present within the league.

Have to say the spirit in the camp seems to be really good with all the "big stars" gone. There was a lot of talk of how all the teams in this division would be looking for our scalp but we are giving them a good kicking tbh.

It's never middle of the road with us is it?  It's either OMG WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE :frantic: :frantic: or OMG WE'RE GETTING RELEGATED :frantic: :frantic:

:nope:

OMG WE'RE A DECENT SHOUT FOR THE PLAY-OFFS AT LEAST. :frantic: :frantic:

Just seen the goals on SSN. Can't really see the supposed GK cock on the first, good finish from Nolan... and then quite a strike from Raylor on his Left foot from outside the box.

From the Palace supporters forum -

"Overall we were outclassed. We missed chances in the first half but they were very professional in the second and really didn't allow us to create anything. I think if they hold on to their players they'll win the league. As for us, I'm not too disappointed but it was all a bit flat after a great away win - must do better"

:snod:

Hughton interview on Radio Newcastle was all past tense mind, don't want to read too much into it but Lowes said "whoever comes in on Monday" and Hughton said "i've been very proud of the lads"

My hope is that since Ashley and Moat are the only options and either might be owner in a week's time, that the two of them have decided on a compromise manager who will be supported either way, and that is what this press conference is about.

How did we defend lads?

Colo play well?

Any player ratings?

Defending was shit. We kept a clean sheet but it was terrible.

Colo was dogshit, but was MOTM.

Everyone: 2/10. We won like.

Seriously man, are you expecting anyone to have got back from the match already?

How did we defend lads?

Colo play well?

Any player ratings?

Defending was s***. We kept a clean sheet but it was terrible.

Seriously man, are you expecting anyone to have got back from the match already?

No but people have other ways of seeing or hearing the game FFS.

Only asked a couple of questions and you act like a dick.

Great result. Really goods run at the moment. Fingers crossed that we bring in a manager and he can continue it. Squad seems to be in high spirits considering. Still need a good few loan signings to see us through until january though. Expecially considering one cb will certainly be leaving and possibly two or three others.

How did we defend lads?

Colo play well?

Any player ratings?

:tickedoff: :kasper: :weep:

How did we defend lads?

Colo play well?

Any player ratings?

:tickedoff: :kasper: :weep:

Bit shit of you Dave.

From listnening to it, Colo played well, as did Enrique. First half we pressed when possible, second half we did a job on them, and contained them with ease.