Newcastle v Huddersfield 26/08/09 - Pre Match Thread

Fatwax

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson            Taylor            Coloccini        Enrique

Guthrie              Geremi            Smith           Lua Lua

Ranger                Xisco

Guest Stephen927

I'm split between playing a weakened team with a few of the lads who have featured heavily so far, and just keeping near enough the same side. On the one hand it's a good chance for the fringe players to get a good bit of playing time in a competitive game, whereas on the other it's always good to keep a team together and keep a winning mentality.

Interested to see what Hughton does.

Would rather Krul and Vuckic didn't play until September...

That thought entered my head a few moments ago, mainly concerning Vuckic. I know its obvious, but getting promotion in either our first or second season is vital if we don't want these youngsters 'taken' off us

Guest Roger Kint

Can't blame Huddersfield. Chance to take a percentage of a potential 30k gate.

Cant see 30000 going to be honest. considering they already had a pay day from us they probably would have made more at discounted prices and selling out.

I very much doubt that Vuckic will have much of a role tomorrow. Hughtons quotes makes it sound like he'll almost definitely start from the bench. Butt and maybe Guthrie will probably get a start, same with either Xisco or Ranger. Lua Lua should get a good 30 minutes aswell.

Can't blame Huddersfield. Chance to take a percentage of a potential 30k gate.

Cant see 30000 going to be honest. considering they already had a pay day from us they probably would have made more at discounted prices and selling out.

Exactly.

I think 25K seeing as they have sold 3500+

If they're closing Level 7, where are the away fans going to be? Corner of Leazes/Milburn?

I thought the away fans were in level 7.  But level 7 is closed for home fans.  Or something to that effect.

Ah, right.  :thup:

Anyone spot anything?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/indigonufc/screen1.png

The open minded relationship is positive and helps move through the problems and doesn't neglect them.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Looking forward to this actually, will be nice to see how our youngsters cope in a competitive fixture. Won't be bothered if we lose either, this cup is not important for us.

No, we need to try and win this. If we lose, even if the cup means nothing for us, we will have lost that winning streak and the lads will have lost a bit of confidence. We need to keep up the good results in order to do well in the League