Newcastle v Huddersfield 26/08/09 - Pre Match Thread

Fatwax

LuaLua, Ranger, Xisco, Kadar and Krul to start please.

agreed, with the exception of Kadar

What you got against the likes of Kadar and Tozer?  have you watched them regularly enough to "right them off"?

Might not be Ronaldo's opinion but it seems a lot of faith in those 2 has gone out the window since that Leeds game. Bit sad really but not surprising.

and people then wonder why young players don't get produced by this club....written off by a 45 min cameo in a pre season game!! 

having seen both of them on a regular basis i would have no qualms about kadar coming in, although as a left back not a centre half, think he's a better fullback plus less pressure but would be slightly worried about Tozer coming in,  i know he was out injured for most of last season, coming back for the last few reserve games but hasn't exactly been on top form in the couple of games i've seen him this season.

k

I reckon they'll go for something like this:- 

Krul

Simpson Kadar  Collocini Enrique

Guthrie Geremi Butt LuaLua

Xisco Ranger

Subs;

Harper

Raylor

Saylor

Nolan

Barton

Carroll

Ameobi

And it'll probably be 1-1, us going through AET

Guest Brummiemag

We should be playing our strongest possible line up for this game - we're in it to win it or at least progress as far as possible.

People who say promotion is the priority this season will be saying survival is the priority next season if we do go up and before you know it we will be another Bolton, treating the cup competitions with contempt and basically ruling ourselves out of ever winning another trophy ever again

Taking the cup competitions seriously didnt do Burnley much harm last season either

What you got against the likes of Kadar and Tozer?  have you watched them regularly enough to "right them off"?

No, would be the correct answer. He's seen Kadar twice apparently and didn't see the Leeds game. So he's basing it completely on his theory of how the Leeds game went. He assumes Kandol bullied them but in reality no one saw the goals and they could of all been tap ins.

Kadar has been excellent on the occasions I've seen him and I'm more than confident he would hold his own in a home cup tie against Huddersfield. Tozer has been less impressive but he was signed based on his performances for a League 1 side and there was plenty of competition by all accounts. Again, in a home cup tie, it might be worth giving him a go. If not then, when are we going to play him?

Kadar left back, with Tozer centre half. Coloccini with them as Taylor will surely not play. I'm sure Ronaldo will be delighted that the rock Coloccini is there to guide the kids through the game.

No, would be the correct answer. He's seen Kadar twice apparently and didn't see the Leeds game. So he's basing it completely on his theory of how the Leeds game went. He assumes Kandol bullied them but in reality no one saw the goals and they could of all been tap ins.

Kadar has been excellent on the occasions I've seen him and I'm more than confident he would hold his own in a home cup tie against Huddersfield. Tozer has been less impressive but he was signed based on his performances for a League 1 side and there was plenty of competition by all accounts. Again, in a home cup tie, it might be worth giving him a go. If not then, when are we going to play him?

Kadar left back, with Tozer centre half. Coloccini with them as Taylor will surely not play. I'm sure Ronaldo will be delighted that the rock Coloccini is there to guide the kids through the game.

Forgot about the Leeds reserve friendly i was thinking he meant the Leeds game at SJP!! 

Promotion back up has to be the priority this season. The Cup's should be a nice little distraction and any key players we do have should be rested.

Play a few of the kids and see how they cope. Hughton might just find out what they can do which will be handy when we start picking up a few injuries and suspensions and he's got to dip into the rest of the squad.

Narrow 2-1 win for us. Maybe even in Extra time.

Promotion back up has to be the priority this season. The Cup's should be a nice little distraction and any key players we do have should be rested.

Play a few of the kids and see how they cope. Hughton might just find out what they can do which will be handy when we start picking up a few injuries and suspensions and he's got to dip into the rest of the squad.

Spot on.

Guest WashyGeordie

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=119386917464&ref=ts

Howay the lads! Join us in the following blocks:

*L1 A, L1 B

*L1 G, L1 H

>>> Block L1G will be the main area, but try for other blocks as well. <<<

For anyone interested.

About the match though, I think we should rest half, if not most of the starting team so far, but as it's Hughton and he seems to heavily rely on the name's, then I doubt he will..

I think we'll win 2-0.

Guest Heneage

I'd love to see Vukic play up front

Xisco had asked to play in behind him, but I fear he wasn't talking formations.

I'd go with

Krul

R.Taylor    Simpson  S.Taylor/Coloccini  Enrique

Lua Lua    Guthrie    Smith  Jonas

Ameobi    Ranger

Rest a few players but keep a strong side to make sure of the win, need to keep confidence up.

I'd go with

Krul

R.Taylor     Simpson  S.Taylor/Coloccini  Enrique

Lua Lua     Guthrie    Smith   Jonas

Ameobi    Ranger

Rest a few players but keep a strong side to make sure of the win, need to keep confidence up.

Simpson CB?  You mentalist.

I'd go with

Krul

R.Taylor     Simpson  S.Taylor/Coloccini  Enrique

Lua Lua     Guthrie    Smith   Jonas

Ameobi    Ranger

Simpson CB?  You mentalist.

He can play across the back four can he not?