Newcastle v Huddersfield 26/08/09 - Pre Match Thread

Fatwax

I'd like to see him rested if possible but I'm not sure we can do it.  Can we risk playing a defence like Simpson - Taylor - Tozer - Kadar in a competetive game, even against League One opposition?

Thing I find funny about some of these teams is people are saying rest players but are then including Enrique. Surely he is the first person we should be resting considering we have nobody else capable of playing LB. Throw Kadar or Tozer in at LB and keep Enrique fresh.

Possibly because he's young?

I'd tend to rest the older lot before the younger players.

Will be quite happy to lose this game as we can do without extra games, think its the perfect game to give a few of the youngters a runout though. 

my team would be

KRUL

SIMPSON  TOZER  COLO or TAYLOR  KADAR

BARTON        BUTT      GUTHRIE

LUALUA  RANGER      VUKCIC

subs  HARPER, SHOLA, DONALDSON, RAYLOR, NOLAN, BAHENG, XISCO

LuaLua, Ranger, Xisco, Kadar and Krul to start please.

agreed, with the exception of Kadar

read "Kadar to start please" as "Coloccini not to start please"

take it you've missed the last 3 games

Whilst away I only saw the WBA game. Saw highlights and heard various opinions of the rest.

Whilst away I only saw the WBA game. Saw highlights and heard various opinions of the rest.

Coloccini was very solid against Reading, decent enough against Wednesday and according to a couple, our best player by far on Saturday

Coloccini was very solid against Reading, decent enough against Wednesday and according to a couple, our best player by far on Saturday

Think Ill have to disagree with you on that one. Got caught the wrong side of his man on numerous occasions and relied a couple of times on Taylor and Enrique to cover his poor positioning

What you got against the likes of Kadar and Tozer?  have you watched them regularly enough to "right them off"?

Krul

Enrique

Kadar

Taylor

Simpson

Jonas

Vuckic

Guthrie

Lua Lua

Xisco

Ranger

I would go with that and depending on how things are going look to bring on Butt and Carroll or possibly 2 more youngers if we are winning.

Agree with others on here that the Cup isn't important, promotion is.  More than happy for us to start with our young guns.  We need to find out if they are ever going to make it and a game like this is the perfect chance to see who can start contributing to the first team.

What you got against the likes of Kadar and Tozer?  have you watched them regularly enough to "right them off"?

Might not be Ronaldo's opinion but it seems a lot of faith in those 2 has gone out the window since that Leeds game. Bit sad really but not surprising.

Wouldn't go that far. I'd have said Enrique was. Coloccini had another dodgy start and got a little better as the game went on but he still has a hell of a lot to work on.