Fatwax

Guest Heneage

Id go for.

-----------------Krul

Simpson-----Colo----Taylor----Tozer/Kadar

Vukicic -----Guthrie--Smith---Jonas

---------------Carroll--ranger/baheng.

Guest Taylor

Does anyone know how much tickets for this game are? I have a Family season ticket but not really bothered where I sit. 

I've never understood this mentality. Sure, there's the consolation of "being able to focus on the league", but by no means can I see it being particularly better if you were knocked out. A premiership team in the 3rd round (if you get through) could for example give you a test to see what sort of level you're at. And besides, a decent cup run will only raise spirits surely.

I would agree however to playing some of the younger lads.

Giving us a test could really give us a good fucking humping to be honest, as destroy any sort of confidence built up.  Plus, it gives another needless fixture in a competiton that we have no chance of winning with a small squad- just look at most of the English league clubs that got into the latter stages of the UEFA last year.

In a perfect world you hope that your team will do thier best at all times, but when the shit hits the fan you have to prioritise.

Don't need a cup run in the slightest but it's important not to lose the winning mentality, as people have said. I certainly hope we rest a few and take the opportunity to get the likes of Butt and Guthrie to gain some match fitness. Hope Ranger starts, too... don't see why not.

Guest Heneage

It would be nice to see a sprinkle of youth products with the first team giving 2-3 a chance to show what they can do. Now is better than ever. I wouldn't give Lua Lua or Ranger a go.

Would you prefer Kadar to Coloccini?  :lol:

I would prefer to pay Kadar 5k a week to play than Coloccini 60k a week yeah.

But no, lets keep Coloccini, watch his wages prevent a takeover and then delight that his unconventional defending prevents him from challenging headers or tackles.

If Coloccini plays a full season, we will not get promoted. He will get worked out and has already been troubled by shite like Luke Moore and Jermaine Johnson. If you're denying that, then you're blind.

I would give the bench players a chance. They will be needed in the championship soon so best to get them used to playing in the first team asap. Start Lua Lua, Kadar, Ranger and Xisco. Guthrie too to get his fitness up.

and krul

Great opportunity to give the players some well needed rest while also giving some youngsters a bit of competitive football. We really don't have the depth in our squad to focus on this cup anyway.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Kadar Tozer

LuaLua Butt Vuckic Jonas

Ranger Ameobi/Xisco

I think we could get to the final if we get a good draw, so I'd want to play a full strength team though with Krul not Harper.

I also think Huddersfield will be the most difficult game we've had since WBA start of the season, as they are on a high and scoring for fun.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

GK- Krul

RB- Simpson

CB- Taylor

CB- Kadar

LB- Enrique

MR- Guthrie

CM- Geremi

CM- Butt

ML- Jonas

ST- Xisco

ST- Ranger

Get some match fitness in for Guthrie and give Geremi a place in the starting line up.

I think we could get to the final if we get a good draw, so I'd want to play a full strength team though with Krul not Harper.

I also think Huddersfield will be the most difficult game we've had since WBA start of the season, as they are on a high and scoring for fun.

Our squad is not big enough for us to try and compete in this as well as going for promotion. We need to prioritise the league, promotion is much more important than reaching the final in this. On that note, why would you think that we can reach the final? Our team is no where near as good as the teams in the Premier League, and we're playing a lot more league games which will certainly cause fatigue should we play the same team in this cup as in the league.

Krul

Simpson - Kadar - Taylor - Enrique

Taylor - Geremi - Butt/Vuckic - LuaLua

Xisco - Ranger

There's so many games in this league we can't afford to play a full team in the cup, get as many young/backup players in there as possible.

Our squad is not big enough for us to try and compete in this as well as going for promotion. We need to prioritise the league, promotion is much more important than reaching the final in this. On that note, why would you think that we can reach the final? Our team is no where near as good as the teams in the Premier League, and we're playing a lot more league games which will certainly cause fatigue should we play the same team in this cup as in the league.

As I see it, a Championship title challenger is going to be confident, on a roll in terms of wins, ands wanting to prove its Premier League credentials. There are going to be some PL teams down at the bottom lacking in confidence, and other PL teams that wont have the motivation for this competition. This makes us a potential upset. Get some of these teams, plus some football league teams, and we have the basis of a good entertaining cup run.

Thing I find funny about some of these teams is people are saying rest players but are then including Enrique. Surely he is the first person we should be resting considering we have nobody else capable of playing LB. Throw Kadar or Tozer in at LB and keep Enrique fresh.