Newcastle v Leicester 31/08/09 - Pre Match Thread [19:45 KO Live on Sky Sports]

Fatwax

Well it's a pretty fair assumption!

However, I think our midfield will be strong enough to control the game (especially with Barton back in), and with the majority of our goals in the last couple of games coming from midfield, we could be ok.

guthrie and barton in midfield will provide enough chances for anyone both for me are key due to their movement and passing. They both give much more that taylor or butt for me. Would still play nolan maybe off ranger again and play lua lua left midfield. So

Harper

Simpson            Taylor                  Colo                Enrique

Barton              Guthrie                Smith              Lua Lua

Nolan

Ranger

Although I think its going to take time for ranger and lua lua to look any good don't think we have much choice and think the games will do their confidence good.

Was reading teletext this morning and it said Barton was out. Hopefully just their mistake. \we really need Barton and Nolan on form in this game, with it looking likely we will have no strikers. Think it will be a really tough game, Leicester have had a good start themselves.

Their headline says Barton and Butt are out but when you go the page and read the team news it says they are back  :idiot2:

Any kind of win will do me! The name Leicester at home always brings back memories of that night we absolutely pummeled them for the entire game but lost 4-1. One of the craziest results I've ever seen. It must have been early Eighties.

I remember that one. Didn't Lineker get a couple?

Leicester for me brings back memories of 89/90 when we were 4-2 down to them with 13mins to go. Enter Mick Quinn, John Gallagher and Mark McGhee who got the winner in the last minute. :)

Think not playing guthrie would be a mistake like. He was pulling the strings against huddersfield in mid week his passing and spreading of the play justifies him starting like. I think he could be a major assett to us if he ups it a notch and starts running games

Guest geordienorway

Butt is a doubt according to the Chronicle. Would like to see:

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Guthrie    Barton  Smith    R Taylor/Lua Lua

Nolan

Ranger

Butt is a doubt according to the Chronicle. Would like to see:

Harper

Simpson  Taylor   Coloccini  Enrique

Guthrie    Barton   Smith     R Taylor/Lua Lua

Nolan

Ranger

If Butt is doubtful that's a boost for our chances. I'm going for a 2-1 win. Ranger on the scoresheet tonight!

Harper

Raylor Saylor  Colo    Enrique

Barton  Smith  Nolan Guthrie

Vuckic

Ranger

No width admittedly and Vuckic would be thrown in at the deep end but I think thats the best chance of a win. Enrique and Raylor would need to bomb on but with that midfield we should dominate possession and allow that to happen.

Harper

Simpson            Taylor                  Colo                Enrique

Barton               Guthrie                Smith              Lua Lua

Nolan

Ranger

I'd go with this and I think the only key player we are actually missing is Jonas! Give Ranger a chance to prove himself. With a few full games under his belt it will build his confidence and hopefully he will become the player most of us hope he will become!

No, this is a good chance for ranger more like. Thats the problem with some fans (at all clubs), we get a chance to see a player we are eager to impress but if they Dont do it instantly they are written off. This is a chance to shine but if not there is plenty of time.

Guest The Libertine

if ranger doesnt score or has a bad game tonight we cant write him off like we have with others. its only his second start and will need 20+ games to see what he's really made of.