The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1 out and 4 in! +3

Butt Out (Please God!) and 2 Spurs loans + Beckford and a Centre Half! (Buys)

Hopefully they'll be no-one sleeping at St James' Park tonight!

I too don't think Colo will be leaving! Away with Argentina and I honestly believe that even though Ashley has made many many and I can't understate this enough, many mistakes with the club so far, tomorrow he will try and do something redeeming!

I would find it extremely humerous and wishful ofcourse if the US consortium buy us tonight and then spend a good amount of money on the last day to become instant successes! Obviously this is highly unlikely especially with the failures on past deadline days.... but you never know! (Certainly not with us!)

Edit: Forgot about Lovenkrands! +4  O0

Who will go though?

Colocinni has gone with Argentina so I reckon he out of the equation, jonas is injured and the rest either don't want to leave, or no one will want them.

Can't see the net squad change being les than 0

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1783866,00.html

Hughton Hopeful Of Deadline-Day Signings

By Paul Tully

CHRIS Hughton has his sights set on "one or two" beat-the-deadline signings - and does not foresee any more of his players leaving.

The Newcastle boss watched his team beat Leicester City 1-0 at St. James' Park to go two points clear at the top of the Coca-Cola Championship then revealed: "I'm hopeful that we will bring one or two in tomorrow.

"And I'm even more confident that nobody in this present squad will be leaving."

Danish international striker Peter Lovenkrands, a free agent and scorer of three goals in 12 games for United at the end of last season, could be brought back in, as Hughton admitted: "Peter is one that we have been very much interested in."

United's thin squad - only teenager Nile Ranger played as a recognised striker against Nigel Pearson's Leicester - is a cause for concern and Hughton added: "It's a stretched squad - but most of the season so far we've been able to cope with it.

"We certainly have good enough players, and it's only right that the young lads are given an opportunity because they've deserved that.

"But we need, by five o'clock tomorrow, a squad that is good enough to complete the whole season."

Three out (Butt, Collocini, Gutirezz) , one in (haven't a clue who it will be) on loan.

We need one out (Butt) and around eight in in reality, but that has no chance of happening.

No way will anyone buy him injured, him pulling his hamstring was a blessing in disguise IMO.

I posted this in the match thread, but Hughton reckons two in tomorrow.

Eight posts up. :D

Aha. What do you reckon, then?

Dunno. I'm always confused as to why things get this late, I mean it's not like we're going to be in for anyone where talks will have dragged out for weeks.

The injuries to Shola and Gutierrez and lack of defensive cover should force some activity but I'm not going to expect anything.