The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle United's Alan Smith will arrive at Bolton Wanderers training ground tomorrow to put pen to paper on a deal thought to be in the region of ¿2.5 million. The former Manchester United player had a medical in Newcastle just hours after turning out for the magpies.

?

Newcastle United's Alan Smith will arrive at Bolton Wanderers training ground tomorrow to put pen to paper on a deal thought to be in the region of ¿2.5 million. The former Manchester United player had a medical in Newcastle just hours after turning out for the magpies.

?

??? If thats true, ill be truly MAD! Had this mean two months ago sure, but hes turned out to be a vital player for the start of the season as captain, why change that?

?

From the Mackem forum transfer thread like. Should have double checked I assumed it was true as they seemed to be getting nearly all of the info from Sky and BBC.  :rant: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=437660&page=5

Might still be true like.

Question:

Why would some of these "has-beens" on our books such as Smith, Nolan, and Butt or even Barton move to a PL club with a good chance of going back down? I think the start we have made to this season may have encouraged some of them to stay?

Our start will have encouraged people to stay at the club yes, perhaps even a few to come to the club.

However, these clubs that have a 'good chance' of going back down, ultimately are in the PL right now. Even if they go down, it's hardly unheard of to have the player then leave for pastures new (probably a team with a good chance of getting relegated from the PL again). Plenty of players play this game.

Would anyone take Damarcus Beasley from Rangers? Seems to be available and we need cover on the wings.

I wouldn't. He's really got no product and would probably cost us in wages.

Note: I'd still get a Beasley NUFC shirt in a heartbeat mind you.