The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Gibson from Man Utd is class player, but he's a CM, which is maybe the one player we don't need to sign!

Could mean that players will be leaving.

Would love it to be Butt, Geremi

Would not like it to be it to be Nolan, Smith

Would hate it to be Guthrie, Barton

Gibson from Man Utd is class player, but he's a CM, which is maybe the one player we don't need to sign!

If we could land Gibson I actually wouldn't mind Nolan leaving along with Butt.

Smith and Gibson would be a really good partnership in midfield and Barton could then play in the more advanced position Nolan has been played in this season, as he would do a much better job there than Nolan has.

Smith and Gibson would be a really good partnership in midfield and Barton could then play in the more advanced position Nolan has been played in this season, as he would do a much better job there than Nolan has.

So bring in a loan player and get rid of 2 players we own from the thread bare squad  :mackems:

So bring in a loan player and get rid of 2 players we own from the thread bare squad  :mackems:

Nicky Butt does not qualify as a player.

We are also well stocked in midfield.

Guest Roger Kint

Just read that Viduka could be returning to us or the smoggies on a pay as you play deal

Any danger you read that on the previous page? :kinnear:

Guest The Libertine

Been following Gibsons (fairly patchy) international career closely. While I'm sure he'd be decent at this level we are well stocked in centre midfield. Even if Butt goes I'd rather see us reinforce other positions.

without knowing much about him, he's probably better than all our centre midfielders. any improvement is improvement.

You mention the fact we own them two as if its a plus point, they're terrible and on massive wages, we should do our best not to own them.  Bringing in one good player on very small wages and getting rid of two useless ones on a combined £100,000+ per week would be a very good deal.  The squad as a whole is very thin but centre midfield isn't and I'd be very happy to never see Butt or Geremi play for this club again.  Nolan, Smith, Guthrie, Barton, Gibson, Vuckic is more then enough for central midfield.

Viduka has already signed for Portsmouth in June, he'll not be coming back into the country

has he?

Sort of. He agreed back in June to sign for them and they haven't heard from him since. He's also done a similar thing with Fulham I think.

So he could be anyway.. even behind you, right..... NOW!

Bet you jumped. Fag.