Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

we dont need harewood....we have 4 strikers in Løvenkrands, caroll, ranger and ameobi!

spend the money elsewhere or save them for next year when we play in the PL. If any of the 4 doesn´t seem to be good enough for the PL we can sell them. They really have the opportunity to shine in this league...which means they will be worth something if we dont want them around next year!

Always thought harewood was a weird signing.....we or ashley want to save money.....why have five strikers?? I know ameobi was injuried but everybody is fit and playing well!

if we get injuries we can also play nolan behind the lone striker!

think we should sign (young) players with potential for the PL instead of loanees!

Yes, but what about potential transfers?

When I first read his post I thought of a joke with the same intention, but it doesn't get simpler or better than how you put it.  Well done. :clap:

It'd only be funny of they didn't keep getting linked in the papers tbh.

I think you're missing the joke - it's probably lost in translation.

The joke is that they're "transfers" that in your opinion are never going to happen, and hence aren't proper for a thread entitled "Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010". It's a bad one, though. Which is my point.

The joke is that you want them!

Want = desire.

:lol: Explanation killed a good joke.

Not really lost in translation tbh, I just didn't get it from the get go because N.U.T is as far as I recall as anti-Skjelbred as Dave :lol: In another setting I'd have gotten it.  :blush:

Guest geordienorway

Would rather get Ukra than Beckford. Probably half the cost too.

The majority have never seen him play and he is a total unknown quantity in this country, you must have seem a lot of him to be so sure he can do the business here?

A youngster from a major European club is more tempting than a £5m rated striker who's hardly scored a goal above League 1 and comes across as a bit of a c*** too.

I have seen Ukra play about 3 or 4 times.

To be fair we have signed some prize duckeggs from 'major european clubs' so thats irrelevant

Beckford(while i agree he isnt the answer) hasnt scored above League 1 for a very simple reason.

Thats 3 or 4 times more that me(and i guess a lot here) what type of player is he?

Ukra is a canny player from what I've seen. Very good passer, and can shoot. My concern is that he lacks the physique, and he could go into being a new Viana. Good technique and decent pace, but the Premiership isn't the right league for him imo.

we dont need harewood....we have 4 strikers in Løvenkrands, caroll, ranger and ameobi!

spend the money elsewhere or save them for next year when we play in the PL. If any of the 4 doesn´t seem to be good enough for the PL we can sell them. They really have the opportunity to shine in this league...which means they will be worth something if we dont want them around next year!

Always thought harewood was a weird signing.....we or ashley want to save money.....why have five strikers?? I know ameobi was injuried but everybody is fit and playing well!

if we get injuries we can also play nolan behind the lone striker!

think we should sign (young) players with potential for the PL instead of loanees!

Have you blinked and missed the last 5 games?

Guest Heneage

Honestly though mate of the goals Harewood scored, would any different striker for a similar fee miss them? He's Scored pretty much poacher goals.

He scores poacher's goals evidently, you need a bit of that. Mind you, there's no point in having him with those tactics. I said when we signed him that despite his build he's not a long ball footballer. Hughton must have missed ma post.

Guest Heneage

Honestly though mate of the goals Harewood scored, would any different striker for a similar fee miss them? He's Scored pretty much poacher goals.

Don't know how many assists he got but he single handedly made the goal which Loven scored a few matches ago can't remember against who it was.

Watford aye. But the thing is, he showed great effort and determination to chase it down, but then today he'll look lazy. Not every game we play will go easily.

We've needed a poacher. I like Ranger and Carroll but between them they've missed a host of easy chances. Harewood's got 8/10 years of experience on them to turn those misses into goals. Aye he was garbage today but the tactics worked against him as they did everyone. You might aswell have played him at right-back.

Guest Heneage

We've needed a poacher. I like Ranger and Carroll but between them they've missed a host of easy chances. Harewood's got 8/10 years of experience on them to turn those misses into goals. Aye he was garbage today but the tactics worked against him as they did everyone. You might aswell have played him at right-back.

Aye but that's what I'm saying. We could probably get someone who is just as effective for less.

Aye but that's what I'm saying. We could probably get someone who is just as effective for less.

If Ashley is willing to pay his wages, who cares if we could get someone else for less? He's scoring goals for us and we should keep him.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Tbh it doesn't matter who we get under this management, it was proven unacceptable last season, and if you look at our players who have left and improved since that just hammers home the point.

Guest Heneage

If Ashley is willing to pay his wages, who cares if we could get someone else for less? He's scoring goals for us and we should keep him.

But what if you could get a player for half the wage thus allowing you to get another body in?

Guest Heneage

Kezman, do you have any players in mind?

Get ready.

Kevin Philips would be a laugh but more chance of Hughton playing 4-3-3

But that sort of player basically.

Federico Macheda who as well as being a poacher actually has a bit of touch and class about him and would play well of a big striker like Rossi can.

Garry O'Connor is another one of Birminghams players but I think he is injured.

Nathan Delfounso - Harewoods team-mate, he'll be on less and while I've only seen him along side Ranger his dribbling looked very good for a young guy.

On a side note I'd like us to nick Lansbury off Watford assuming his loan hasn't been extended.

Delfouneso has barely started a game, but as we've only four strikers at the club, he's not going to be getting loaned out.

Gary O'Connor is an absolute shithouse of a footballer. Marlon's no great footballing talent, but O'Connor makes him look like Cruyff by comparison.

We should go all out for Cleverley, off Man Utd. Every time I've seen him he's been outstanding, even today when the game in general was drab he was the one who looked most likely to do something. He's got it all, good shot, good vision, pace on and off the ball, uses it intelligently and can pick out the killer pass. Looks a massive prospect imo.

Guest Heneage

We should go all out for Cleverley, off Man Utd. Every time I've seen him he's been outstanding, even today when the game in general was drab he was the one who looked most likely to do something. He's got it all, good shot, good vision, pace on and off the ball, uses it intelligently and can pick out the killer pass. Looks a massive prospect imo.

True, it's how much will Man Utd want for him and Simpson though, clould be 2-3m gone right there.

On a side note I'd like us to nick Lansbury off Watford assuming his loan hasn't been extended.

Won't happen, he'll stay with us if he doesn't return to Arsenal (i.e he won't go elsewhere). He seems pretty happy, but the only stuff holding things up are the protracted contract talks with him and Arsenal. (Plus he was pretty poor today)

Guest Heneage

Won't happen, he'll stay with us if he doesn't return to Arsenal (i.e he won't go elsewhere). He seems pretty happy, but the only stuff holding things up are the protracted contract talks with him and Arsenal. (Plus he was pretty poor today)

Everyone has an off day remember ;)

He looked very good against QPR, and if we can build a team that (dreams for a moment) passes it around with the likes of Cleverly and Guthrie we could do well. I think Wenger might like him here to be honest, get him used to playing in bigger grounds with more fans.

Kezman, do you have any players in mind?

Get ready.

Kevin Philips would be a laugh but more chance of Hughton playing 4-3-3

But that sort of player basically.

Federico Macheda who as well as being a poacher actually has a bit of touch and class about him and would play well of a big striker like Rossi can.

Garry O'Connor is another one of Birminghams players but I think he is injured.

Nathan Delfounso - Harewoods team-mate, he'll be on less and while I've only seen him along side Ranger his dribbling looked very good for a young guy.

:thup:

Guest Heneage

I think Wenger's opinions wouldn't necessarily be allied with those of semi-Italian blokes on laptops.

But Lansbury's opinions would be allied with Tamwar Masood?