Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Zurab was awful. Never had a clue where his man was for much of the time and the fact he wants to come back here to sit on the bench in a lower league side says everything about his lack of drive. Spongeing twat.

It has nothing to do with the fact that we're almost certain to go up and if he gets to play he gets to play infront of 50k people in Newcastle rather than sitting on the bench in Blackburn watching some of the worst football this country has to offer?  If I had the choice I'd rather sit on the bench for Newcastle rather than Blackburn - lack of drive doesn't play into this at all.

Zurab was awful. Never had a clue where his man was for much of the time and the fact he wants to come back here to sit on the bench in a lower league side says everything about his lack of drive. Spongeing twat.

It has nothing to do with the fact that we're almost certain to go up and if he gets to play he gets to play infront of 50k people in Newcastle rather than sitting on the bench in Blackburn watching some of the worst football this country has to offer?  If I had the choice I'd rather sit on the bench for Newcastle rather than Blackburn - lack of drive doesn't play into this at all.

Ok change that to lack of options then.

Guest Geordiesned

Expect For Sale signs to appear up at a number of our players houses soon if Ashley's record so far is anything to go by.

Guest Rob 1988

Newcastle keep tabs on Portsmouth defender - http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=182997

Newcastle United are said to be interested in Algerian defender Nadir Belhadj, who is currently facing the axe at crisis club Portsmouth.

Belhadj, along with Younes Kaboul, David James, Kevin-Prince Boateng and David Nugent are to be transfer-listed and off-loaded in the coming month to try and raise enough funds to stave off Pompey's impending bankruptcy.

Due to Portsmouth's diminshing fortunes, Belhadj, who has had a successful tenure at the club may be released on the cheap, and the Championship leaders, who are preparing for life in the Premier League next term, are in the hunt for a new left-back who will provide Jose Enrique with some much needed competition.

No fee has been mentioned, but it is understood that a bid could be forthcoming in the weeks to follow

The Magpies will move for QPR's Iceland forward Heidar Helguson, who is currently on loan at Watford, after having their bid for Beckford turned down (Daily Mirror)

Just wait till GG gets wind of this!

If we sign Kilgallon when is he going to get a game? Are we going to break up the S.Taylor and Colo centre back pairing just to give him his first game? Apparently he can also play at left-back so at least he would be cover for Jose Enrique as well as S.Taylor and Colo.

Newcastle keep tabs on Portsmouth defender - http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=182997

Newcastle United are said to be interested in Algerian defender Nadir Belhadj, who is currently facing the axe at crisis club Portsmouth.

Belhadj, along with Younes Kaboul, David James, Kevin-Prince Boateng and David Nugent are to be transfer-listed and off-loaded in the coming month to try and raise enough funds to stave off Pompey's impending bankruptcy.

Due to Portsmouth's diminshing fortunes, Belhadj, who has had a successful tenure at the club may be released on the cheap, and the Championship leaders, who are preparing for life in the Premier League next term, are in the hunt for a new left-back who will provide Jose Enrique with some much needed competition.

No fee has been mentioned, but it is understood that a bid could be forthcoming in the weeks to follow

More of a winger than a defender for me, and is too good for us tbh.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

12:30 ,  Transfer Window has been open over twelve hours now, and no signings yet .... Whats going on!!!!  Sack the board !!!!

kilgannon will sign by tomorrow

beckford deal almost done

big offer for carroll rejected

plan is that will be all.no more in or out-would be ok with this but id be surprised if no one went out

I've missed the transfer window.

The Magpies will move for QPR's Iceland forward Heidar Helguson, who is currently on loan at Watford, after having their bid for Beckford turned down (Daily Mirror)

Hope not, hes total gash.

How many times have you seen him play in the flesh?

I read this too but I cannot see it happening. Maybe GG can shed some light on this

I've been told that we're possibly getting him for the rest of the season/perm, but then we have little money, so umm.