The CCC: first impressions

Keefaz

On a bigger scale the being in the Championship has been a bit of a godsend, it's allowed us to get rid of wasters who would otherwise be hard to shift if we were in the Prem,  our perfromances inthe league have galvonised fans and being in the Championship has perhaps got rid of an element of the crowd who were only interested in watching the Premiership and not Newcastle United. (20,000 supporters, the rest Customers).

I never thought I'd say this but i actually think relegation could be one of the best things to happen to this club since we appointed SBR, that is assuming we go up the first time of asking...

Thumbs up from so far.

im enjoying it at the moment, but the league doesnt seem to be as good as people say. maybe things will change in the next month, but getting promoted suddenly seems a lot more do-able.......and as for nearly everything else, its MUCH better than the premiership. though the football league show is beyond awful

When injuries/suspensions start to kick in and we're dipping into the reserves/juniors thats when I think the results will start to suffer. No way is this squad big enough to cope with 46 league games plus whatever we play in the FA and League Cups. Despite us being top at present, and deservedly so, i'd be chuffed to bits if we can finish the season in the top 6. Saying that, i'm thoroughly enjoying it so far - cheaper away tickets and the atmosphere at all 3 home games so far has been the best it's been for years - the 10,000 who have stopped coming must have been the moaners  ;D

There's even a canny few of my mates who'd started drifting away from it in the past 2 or 3 seasons starting to come back and the Plymouth game will see around 12 to 15 of us in the 3 Bulls before the match when it was around 5 or 6 of us at times last season. After all would you rather spend £40 on a ticket in the Gallowgate to see us get humped  5-1 off Liverpool or £20 for the same seat to watch us play in a match we actually have a chance of winning?

Chuffed to finish in the top 6? It's not like the other CCC sides have massive squads, we should be disappointed if we aren't automatic promotion favourites. We need a couple of players in on loan still to make that a probability, so if we can do that I think we'll be ok.

Just look at the subs we brough on against Leicester. In a couple of months time they'll more than likely be starting matches because of the inevitable injuries and suspensions. I'm not saying they're bad players but they only have experience of playing reserve and junior fixtures on a regular basis in front of 1 man and his dog but we'll be relying on them to go out and get results for us at the likes of Boro and Sheff Utd. A tall order imo.

The likes of Boro and Sheff Utd will get injuries as well though.  Do you reckon Boro's or Sheff U's fourth choice striker is as good as Ranger?  Reserve keeper as good as Krul?  Back up left back as good as Kadar?

Even without adding anybody we've still got one of the best squads in the division if not the best.

It'll be fun to watch this thread after we lose a few games. We're still in a f***ing s*** situation.

just thinking that myself whilst reading this thread. at the moment we are a sprinter leading in the first couple of hundred meters of the 5,000meters. hope that makes sense. be fun to see our kids get a few games. thery should cut it when i think back to all those wanting them thrown in to the prem over the last couple of seasons.

When injuries/suspensions start to kick in and we're dipping into the reserves/juniors thats when I think the results will start to suffer. No way is this squad big enough to cope with 46 league games plus whatever we play in the FA and League Cups. Despite us being top at present, and deservedly so, i'd be chuffed to bits if we can finish the season in the top 6. Saying that, i'm thoroughly enjoying it so far - cheaper away tickets and the atmosphere at all 3 home games so far has been the best it's been for years - the 10,000 who have stopped coming must have been the moaners  ;D

There's even a canny few of my mates who'd started drifting away from it in the past 2 or 3 seasons starting to come back and the Plymouth game will see around 12 to 15 of us in the 3 Bulls before the match when it was around 5 or 6 of us at times last season. After all would you rather spend £40 on a ticket in the Gallowgate to see us get humped  5-1 off Liverpool or £20 for the same seat to watch us play in a match we actually have a chance of winning?

Chuffed to finish in the top 6? It's not like the other CCC sides have massive squads, we should be disappointed if we aren't automatic promotion favourites. We need a couple of players in on loan still to make that a probability, so if we can do that I think we'll be ok.

Just look at the subs we brough on against Leicester. In a couple of months time they'll more than likely be starting matches because of the inevitable injuries and suspensions. I'm not saying they're bad players but they only have experience of playing reserve and junior fixtures on a regular basis in front of 1 man and his dog but we'll be relying on them to go out and get results for us at the likes of Boro and Sheff Utd. A tall order imo.

The likes of Boro and Sheff Utd will get injuries as well though.  Do you reckon Boro's or Sheff U's fourth choice striker is as good as Ranger?  Reserve keeper as good as Krul?  Back up left back as good as Kadar?

Even without adding anybody we've still got one of the best squads in the division if not the best.

Agree with this. People have a go at our depth (which isn't the greatest to be fair), but I'm sure they assume the likes of WBA, Boro & Cardiff have these magical 20-22 man strong squads.

This busy period will tell us a lot about our squad. 7 games in 20 days. I say we need two or three loans, otherwise we're going to slip up and it might be difficult for Hughton to keep them going and bring them back up. They're largely a feeble bunch of tossers, this squad, don't forget.

Anyone noticed any difference in the quality of the officials?

Yep, that's one of the main things in my eyes. Far less finicky. More about football and less about politics/the big four - like the majority of things in this division.

Its more fun as, when the ref blows his whistle, players just get on with it. They don't crowd around him, or roll around like they have just stood on a land mine. Its more about the actual football that the play acting.

Its more fun as, when the ref blows his whistle, players just get on with it. They don't crowd around him, or roll around like they have just stood on a land mine. Its more about the actual football that the play acting.

Yep, I think as a punishment for diving and crowding the ref now, they should force the players to go on emergency loan to a league 1/league 2 side and they cannot return until theyve played the at least 180 mins.  Then theyll have a reason for hitting the deck.

It'll be fun to watch this thread after we lose a few games. We're still in a f***ing s*** situation.

In which case, people can express their concerns in the "The CCC: on second thoughts" thread.

:lol:

On a bigger scale the being in the Championship has been a bit of a godsend, it's allowed us to get rid of wasters who would otherwise be hard to shift if we were in the Prem,  our perfromances inthe league have galvonised fans and being in the Championship has perhaps got rid of an element of the crowd who were only interested in watching the Premiership and not Newcastle United. (20,000 supporters, the rest Customers).

I never thought I'd say this but i actually think relegation could be one of the best things to happen to this club since we appointed SBR, that is assuming we go up the first time of asking...

Thumbs up from so far.

Words fail me.

Of course the other teams will get injuries but historically we seem to get more than most for some reason. I'm not sure if Sheff Utds 4th choice striker is as good as Ranger as Ranger hasn't played enough 1st team games for anyone to form an opinion of him, same goes for Kadar. What I do know is that just a small amount of investment in the summer could have almost guaranteed us promotion but Ashley decided against it. Time will tell if he made the right decision I suppose.

Enjoyed it so far, standard doesn't look great but I think the real tests are still come to, obviously Cardiff away has bee nearmarked as that, but also how we get on at places like Bloomfield Road on a wet Winter night, be interesting to see if the "passion" remains.

Almost all of the teams follow the standard Pulis model - nine big cloggers and two flair players.

It's a much more physical league than the PL and the reffing is a bit more lax.

It's fucking shit compared to the Premiership standard.

Taking a few family members pre-GNR, might go for the Leazes corner to save a few pennies and get a bit more atmosphere. The only home game we haven't been on the telly for so far this season we got well in excess of 40k, would be good to see the same again for Plymouth.

We weren't on the telly against Sheff Wed, Huddersfield or Crystal Palace.

It's alaso far too early to judge this league and some people on here need a reality check as they have become far too confident.

Taking a few family members pre-GNR, might go for the Leazes corner to save a few pennies and get a bit more atmosphere. The only home game we haven't been on the telly for so far this season we got well in excess of 40k, would be good to see the same again for Plymouth.

We weren't on the telly against Sheff Wed, Huddersfield or Crystal Palace.

It's alaso far too early to judge this league and some people on here need a reality check as they have become far too confident.

Unlikely to get 40k in the away end at Selhurst Park tbf.

If you're taking the family up before the Plymouth game Mowen, you can come play for NOFC that morning...

Did think about it, but don't want to risk knacking myself before the run the next day (especially seeings as I've got almost £50 worth of bets with various people on the race). I'll look into it next time I'm up though.