Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

I don't think there's anyone getting carried away tbf. We've been fairly meh so far yet somehow we've won all but one game.

That says to me that if we get our act together properly (new owner, new manager, couple of loans in and one or two changes in January) we could well get automatic promotion.

Dave man, please. Stop it. :nope:

:lol:

Sorry about that. 'Average' okay?

Gutted, just walked back in the door from holiday and the Sky + recording didn't work. Sounds like we didn't play brilliantly, but still took 3 points from one of the supposedly top teams in this league.

Anyone know if the highlights are on at any point later?

I don't think there's anyone getting carried away tbf. We've been fairly meh so far yet somehow we've won all but one game.

That says to me that if we get our act together properly (new owner, new manager, couple of loans in and one or two changes in January) we could well get automatic promotion.

:thup:

Just listening to the radio commentary it sounded a decent enough match, yet everyone is saying we were crap. If we were crap, and I can't dispute it, then Cardiff must have been crap x 2.

(edit: Another alternative is I was listening to an extremely biased commentary featuring Bob Moncur)

Ref was shocking too.

Agree! How come their players didn't get any cards yet he seemed to give them to our players every challenge?

The game was like watching Rugby. There was a stoppage every minute or so. The only shot I can remember us having was the one we scored. Glad we won but NUFC don't half put their supporters through the mill. We seemed to constantly give the ball away and invite them to attack us.

Ref was shocking too.

Agree! How come their players didn't get any cards yet he seemed to give them to our players every challenge?

Freekicks for nothing but bottled the major decisions until Smiths red card, he was a disgrace of a ref.

Glad I am not the only one  :laugh:

Thats not aimed at Dave but I said a while ago in the pet hates thread I am starting to despise the "word", its used way too much on this forum and is even starting to spread into different variations  :kinnear:

Thats not aimed at Dave but I said a while ago in the pet hates thread I am starting to despise the "word", its used way too much on this forum and is even starting to spread into different variations  :kinnear:

Sorry mate. :lol:

Just got back from the game, made up, as an exiled Toon living in Wales I will be wearing the colours to work tomorrow. Sack me, see if I care  :razz:

I thought we played pretty well, yes they had a lot of the ball in the second half, but hardly tested Harper. On paper, we have got two of the hardest games out of the way in the first 6 games and are already clear at the top. Fair play to Hughton & co. They deserve all the accolades they are getting at the moment.

Fans were class again today, the so called intimidating City atmosphere was nullified by the away fans. Fair play, we were as good as usual. No surprise.

Howay The Lads.

Sorry mate. :lol:

Not your fault unless you invented the word.

If you did I will let my good friend Joe Kinnear take over.....

Lucky win.

couldn't care less

Good for you.

What you on about. Lush win , getting in bags an that. WD collo, great first goal for the club, mind Enrique and Barton were shit

that's basically what you said to me when I declared my pessemism after the Boro game in April........

Sorry... did I say we were staying up or something? Please post the link where I have said, or implied, that everything was going to be OK.

Shit craic mate and full of fail.

Me expressing an opinion like everyone else that it was a lucky win has certainly got you exercised though. I would back off if i were you, one click of my fingers and Dave will delete you.

I got myself "exercised", did I? Is that why you started throwing needless insults?

It's obvious that you're one of those saddos on here (and on the internet) that care greatly about their "messageboard reputation". :rolleyes: Stop being so insecure and touchy.

What's with you and Dave, anyway? :lol:

i'll repeat the salient and long-term view that there is fuck all point in us winning this league  if we perform like that every week.

Eh? :lol: So you won't be happy if we get out of this league by winning ugly?

You're quoting Ronaldo and me but speaking to one person. Thick as mince, this all started because you assumed i didnt enjoy the win because i posted 'lucky win'. Which it was. It is therefore perfectly justifiable to call you stupid.

As for being a saddo, you're the one getting your knickers in a twist because i thought we were lucky to win. Which we were.

No, Einstein Jnr, I'm quoting you and ronaldo and speaking to two persons. Simple maths, cunt.

Ronaldo wasnt speaking to you, so why ask him to quote you when he was speaking to me?

Been called a twat and a cunt by you now and yet i'm right about your stupidity.

For all the talk of this being an acid test, where Cardiff are one of the best teams in the divison and will stretch us to the limit, was a load of rubbish. This lot were just as abject as the other teams in the league we've rolled over with relative ease.

Chopra was rubbish, his shots from the freekicks were all straight into the wall and he only got free from Colo once, and the lad skied the chance. I wasn't that worried anyway if that little shit and the nomadic Bothroyd were the threat up front.

Coloccini, Simpson, Steven Taylor and Enrique all had good games, especially Colo. Ranger was alright but never looked like scoring, Nolan was awful and the rest of our midfield had good and bad patches throughout the game. The introduction of Butt didn't really fuck up our play like I thought it would.

Positives: Three points, clean sheet, top of the league, unbeaten

Negatives: Smith suspended = Butt starts vs Blackpool :(