Famous Newcastle Fans

cubaricho

Guest WashyGeordie

Got this reply when i put the Schumacher quote on facebook...

"With an identity as a national laughing stock, aye. Every third-rate comedian has the thick, sentimental "jawdee" character getting worked up over nothing as a fall-back for a cheap laugh. Your "identity" is on a par with the boring Brummie and the thieving Scouser- fat, pastie-munching mags hanging around that big grey eyesore like flies around s***, spouting incomprehensible twaddle about "wor beloved toon". That's your identity to most people. You must be so proud.

What actually hurts us is that our accents are the same as yours to people outside the area and we get lumped in with you. It hurts to be associated in any way with the kind of people who hold mock funerals for the name of a football ground, who proclaim themselves a "nation" like the Catalan people and can't see how ridiculous that is, people who think they're living in some cultural oasis because woah, there's a big shopping centre over the water and a gallery with nowt of any worth in it... and f*** me if there's not a regional airport close by, there's a thing.

More than anything else, Newcastle United and its supporters have held back the North East as a region by sullying its image for outsiders. A region of hard-working, down to earth people who can laugh at themselves has been hijacked over the last 20 years by sanctimonious, humourless, pretentious bores droning on and on about their f***ing heritage and their "geordie pride". In your determination to prove that you're the bestest, loyalest, cushtiest fans in all the world, you just give the world the impression that you have got absolutely nothing in your lives, that the only thing that can light up the darkness of your Cruddas Park grief-holes is the chance to weeble about the place dressed like giant mint humbugs grunting, "toon toon black and white army" even though you're on the bus and it's Thursday morning. We hate you because you embarrass us and you embarrass the whole region. Now f*** off.

about a minute ago · Like"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear.

Got this reply when i put the Schumacher quote on facebook...

"With an identity as a national laughing stock, aye. Every third-rate comedian has the thick, sentimental "jawdee" character getting worked up over nothing as a fall-back for a cheap laugh. Your "identity" is on a par with the boring Brummie and the thieving Scouser- fat, pastie-munching mags hanging around that big grey eyesore like flies around s***, spouting incomprehensible twaddle about "wor beloved toon". That's your identity to most people. You must be so proud.

What actually hurts us is that our accents are the same as yours to people outside the area and we get lumped in with you. It hurts to be associated in any way with the kind of people who hold mock funerals for the name of a football ground, who proclaim themselves a "nation" like the Catalan people and can't see how ridiculous that is, people who think they're living in some cultural oasis because woah, there's a big shopping centre over the water and a gallery with nowt of any worth in it... and f*** me if there's not a regional airport close by, there's a thing.

More than anything else, Newcastle United and its supporters have held back the North East as a region by sullying its image for outsiders. A region of hard-working, down to earth people who can laugh at themselves has been hijacked over the last 20 years by sanctimonious, humourless, pretentious bores droning on and on about their f***ing heritage and their "geordie pride". In your determination to prove that you're the bestest, loyalest, cushtiest fans in all the world, you just give the world the impression that you have got absolutely nothing in your lives, that the only thing that can light up the darkness of your Cruddas Park grief-holes is the chance to weeble about the place dressed like giant mint humbugs grunting, "toon toon black and white army" even though you're on the bus and it's Thursday morning. We hate you because you embarrass us and you embarrass the whole region. Now f*** off.

about a minute ago · Like"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear.

Just another typical bitter macum really.

Their jealousy and obsession with us being a big club as opposed to their non-entity status, their hovel of a town in the shadow of a true regional capital and modern European city and watching on as we embark on another European odyssey seems to be driving some of them towards insanity.

Falcao (A Madrid) followed Tino when he was here:

Speaking to The Times, he said:

“England? One day, I could go. It is a game I have watched for a long time and one day I would like to sample it.

“I used to watch it on television when I was a kid. Players like Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, (Gianfranco) Zola. But the one I supported was (Faustino) Asprilla, when he was at Newcastle.

“I think I could adapt to England. I think I could score goals.”

There's no way that Schumacher quote is real. It's a strange thing to say and seems very much like that page was made to wind mackems up.

And it's from a website that says 'Create your own magazines'.

Also got mag in the name meaning its in some way connected to the mags. FTM.

There's no way that Schumacher quote is real. It's a strange thing to say and seems very much like that page was made to wind mackems up.

And it's from a website that says 'Create your own magazines'.

I was thinking this but was scared of Dan kicking off.

• 2 years later...

Bump. http://thequietus.com/articles/16630-wild-beasts-hayden-thorpe-football-newcastle-united Wild Beasts lead singer.

A blundering double act, neither sure of his own lines. One of those marriages where the years seemed to be ground out and whatever form of love there may have been is slowly contorted into a bond of mistrust and celibacy. History will file this under the Wonga era at Newcastle United. A time of hardship, little hope and no romance.

Love this line about Pardew and Ashley

Guest chicken little

also Dylan Carlson of the drone-metal band Earth, and erstwhile drug buddy/shotgun-buying companion of Kurt Cobain.