Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

Seems most of the news is spinning this like Keegan is a cunt who wanted to destroy the club.

Fucking incredible. The wankers in charge at our club must be pissing themselves.

I don't know how anyone can read the report and not pull the pertinent facts from it. The way they've acted is disgraceful.

True but I bet Keegans doing a "doh!" for not accepting the 4m out of court settlement.

I very much regret that this claim ever had to go to the hearing as it did. I want to state categorically that the allegation that has been made in the press that I turned down an offer of £4 Million to settle the claim is simply untrue. No such offer was made to me.

Reading through the report now...so it was true that he was asking for £25m.

Think we can come to the conclusion that all footballers, managers owners and agents couldn't give a fuck about fans or loyalty.  But then we all knew that.

Seems most of the news is spinning this like Keegan is a cunt who wanted to destroy the club.

Fucking incredible. The wankers in charge at our club must be pissing themselves.

I don't know how anyone can read the report and not pull the pertinent facts from it. The way they've acted is disgraceful.

True but I bet Keegans doing a "doh!" for not accepting the 4m out of court settlement.

I very much regret that this claim ever had to go to the hearing as it did. I want to state categorically that the allegation that has been made in the press that I turned down an offer of £4 Million to settle the claim is simply untrue. No such offer was made to me.

I got bored after the first paragraph.

Only a mackem in the Mirror and Ashley's puppet on SSN from what I've seen.

On and football365, but who's ever taken that site seriously.

So basically, Gonzalez was signed so that in future, these agents would look more favourably at us for potential future deals, and wasn't really intended for the first-team. The only problem I have with this is Dennis Wise trying to claim he's a great player, etc. If he'd went to Keegan in the first place saying we're going to loan this player, mainly to help us in the future, he's not really expected to play, would Keegan have had much of an argument? I think it's the method rather than the decision itself that Keegan rightly had the problem with in which case, I can't blame him for walking. Don't make him view a player on some clips and or whatever, and then sign him anyway.

On 30 August 2008, almost at the end of the transfer window (the final day of which was 1 September 2008) Mr Wise telephoned Mr Keegan and told him that he had a great player for the Club to sign, namely Ignacio Gonzalez, and that he should look him up. Mr Keegan tried to locate him on the internet but could find no reference to him. Mr Wise told him that he had been on loan at Monaco but having checked out the details, Mr Keegan was unimpressed and told Mr Wise that he did not think the player was good enough. Mr Wise then told him that the player was on “You Tube” and that Mr Keegan could look him up there but he found that the clips were of poor quality and provided no proper basis for signing a player to a Premier League Club. Moreover, no one at the Club had ever seen him play.

I think that's my favourite bit. :mackems:

telling him to go look on youtube is like saying "go fuck yourself". for those just looking at the nacho deal and 'it was only one player', it's referred to as the 'last straw' after a number of other issues and wise's unprofessional behaviour (not to mention the litany of shit that we can pin on them after keegan left) show that it was an untenable working relationship. they also tried to get him to agree to not having the final say on transfers when he was in negotiations to stay after the bust up, which, rather than say it's only one player, shows that this kind of thing wouldve been replicated many times over had he stayed on.

Been said for a long time the Ashley was a patronising twat who curried favour by wearing the shirt and buying a few pints. This is just a continuation of his barrow boy ways.

Get out of our club. You're scum, have lied to us, treat us like village idiots & attempted to tarnish the name of a man who cares deeply about the club and the fans. KK isn't plastic with his affection, beats me how anyone could suggest otherwise. He may be flawed & it was always going to end in tears - but not this way.

Sell up & get out.

Good tribunal verdict on Keegan. He makes point (+ £2m) about manager's right to pick transfer targets and Toon are not too hit financially.

Keegan's statement is magnificent! How can Dennis Wise work again in football? Keegan claims Toon bought Gonzalez as a favour to two agents!

#keegan has won a devastating victory against ashley and cronies exposing #newcastleunited as liars

Henry Winter on Twitter

Keegan's statement is magnificent! How can Dennis Wise work again in football? Keegan claims Toon bought Gonzalez as a favour to two agents!about 5 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Good tribunal verdict on Keegan. He makes point (+ £2m) about manager's right to pick transfer targets and Toon are not too hit financiallyabout 6 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Spooky  :kasper:

Finally, we do not accept that Mr Keegan either waived the Club’s breach of contract

or affirmed it by confirming on 1 and 2 September that he had not resigned and

releasing a statement to the press on 3 September to the same effect. His willingness

to see if the position could be resolved could not, in our judgment, involve any waiver

on his part. In any event, it is clear that the “final final straw” occurred on

4 September when the Club handed to him the letter to which we have referred above

in which it made it clear that were he to remain at the Club he would still not have the

final say.

Mm, I really cant stand our owner.

Some editor, some place, some time,  said. 'We're not going to let the truth get in the way of a good story.'

Wonder how many of tomorrows headlines will still be printing shite and ignoring the pdf and Keegans statement knowing the vast majority will not have seen them.

Some editor, some place, some time,  said. 'We're not going to let the truth get in the way of a good story.'

Wonder how many of tomorrows headlines will still be printing shite and ignoring the pdf and Keegans statement knowing the vast majority will not have seen them.

like SSN all afternoon.

bringing a player in as a 'favour' to some bloke you know is certainly corrupt. doubt it is illegal, but it shows the club in a VERY bad light, totally unprofessional and more evidence that it's been ran as some old boys network, you scratch my back, i'll appoint you as chairman of a football club  etc etc. the kind of person Ashley is, really. that they, earlier on, tried to hide this corruption behind the veneer of advanced scouting methods, continental model etc just compounds the insult. i know there's corruption in Italian football but is it really the continental model to buy a player for your mate Pablo?

Still, silver lining time, we'll be sold this time next week.

Fucking hope so. I also hope there's a complete switcharound and recognition that this is certainly not the way to do things.

Having said that, there's no way Moat can be this moronic.

Still, silver lining time, we'll be sold this time next week.

Fucking hope so. I also hope there's a complete switcharound and recognition that this is certainly not the way to do things.

Having said that, there's no way Moat can be this moronic.

Was he not involved in Ashley being here in the first place?

We've now got independent 3rd party proof that the Club is owned and managed by a group of barrow boys and shysters. Their lying, conniving and wriggling has been exposed for the entire world to see. The only bright spot out of this saga for Ashley is that he only has to pay £2 million, and typical of Keegan to say that was fair and reasonable in his submission to the panel.

Let's hope this is the last obstacle out of the way and we can now finally see the back of Mike Ashley and his cronies.