Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

Please!. Now that this sorry saga is over, can we now put this bed finally and move on.

Seriously, I couldn't agree more.

We cant move on until Ashley fucks off

The good news is that with the club only having to fork out £2m, the sale should in theory go through more smoothly.

Finally what I find interesting is that supposedly Keegan walked away from 4M settlement from Ashley.  I wonder if Keegan was given the opportunity to either a) accept 4M and keep it all private or b) take the 2M and have the decision be public.  

""I very much regret that this claim ever had to go to the hearing as it did. I want to state categorically that the allegation that has been made in the press that I turned down an offer of £4 million to settle the claim is simply untrue. No such offer was made to me. " - Keegan's statement

This is embarassing, but I've read all 9 pages and i'm not really sure whats going on......he asked for loads more than £2m, so this is good news, right? Help me  :blush:

That was my first reaction.  2 million doesn't sound that bad.  Now we can get back to focusing on promotion and Keegan can get back to whatever makes him happy.

This is embarassing, but I've read all 9 pages and i'm not really sure whats going on......he asked for loads more than £2m, so this is good news, right? Help me  :blush:

That was my first reaction.  2 million doesn't sound that bad.  Now we can get back to focusing on promotion and Keegan can get back to whatever makes him happy.

managing us? he will when the new owners come in.

Read the report man, don't go off the posts in this and the other thread.

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/c0/3f/0,,12306~147392,00.pdf

Dave can I ask if you've read the report yet ?

I have.

I have.

I hope you realise that was a joke. Pretty poor one admittedly.

He claims that his case for constructive dismissal was brought to restore his reputation, but the staggering claim for £25million compensation has left even his most fervent admirers on Tyneside struggling to defend his actions.

Obviously hasn't researched that bit very well.

most of ppl on chroniclelive, are not happy with him

Obviously I haven't researched this very well.

:lol:

I have.

Even this bit?

In our view, the parties were entitled to

assume that, if he wanted to, Mr Keegan would be likely to find further employment,

if not immediately after the expiry of this period, then within a reasonable time

thereafter, given his experience. In view of the near impossibility of estimating

precisely what his loss would be, we consider such an approach to be reasonable and

to represent a reasonable pre-estimate of his loss to the extent that it was possible to

carry out this exercise at all. It follows that, in our judgment, Clause 14.8.1 does not

amount to a penalty clause. We note, although we do not base our conclusion on this,

that when cross-examined, Mr Keegan very fairly accepted that Clause 14.8.1 was fair

and reasonable.

I have.

Even this bit?

In our view, the parties were entitled to

assume that, if he wanted to, Mr Keegan would be likely to find further employment,

if not immediately after the expiry of this period, then within a reasonable time

thereafter, given his experience. In view of the near impossibility of estimating

precisely what his loss would be, we consider such an approach to be reasonable and

to represent a reasonable pre-estimate of his loss to the extent that it was possible to

carry out this exercise at all. It follows that, in our judgment, Clause 14.8.1 does not

amount to a penalty clause. We note, although we do not base our conclusion on this,

that when cross-examined, Mr Keegan very fairly accepted that Clause 14.8.1 was fair

and reasonable.

Yeah, why?

Guest helios_centric

The report just cofirms what I already suspected about the lying, moronic scum who infest our club.

Keegan truly vindicated, although his reputation has been tarnished by the whole episode in some people's eyes, I'm sure. Not as far as I'm concerned though - I never doubted who was to blame for his leaving the club.

Seems most of the news is spinning this like Keegan is a cunt who wanted to destroy the club.

Fucking incredible. The wankers in charge at our club must be pissing themselves.

I don't know how anyone can read the report and not pull the pertinent facts from it. The way they've acted is disgraceful.

Ashleys status amoungst your average football fans is much lower than Keegans. Its a bigger story for them to publish Keegan trying to screw over the fans that loved him, rather than Ashley being the bad guy.

Seems most of the news is spinning this like Keegan is a cunt who wanted to destroy the club.

Fucking incredible. The wankers in charge at our club must be pissing themselves.

I don't know how anyone can read the report and not pull the pertinent facts from it. The way they've acted is disgraceful.

True but I bet Keegans doing a "doh!" for not accepting the 4m out of court settlement.