Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I know it doesn't beat Ameobi, but ''Iniesta'' is close. 7 letters and 4 syllables if you pronounce it ''in-ee-es-ta''

EDIT:Way too late, must refresh

In Spanish it's pronounced I-nies-ta, though.

Agüero would tie Ameobi, but again in Spanish it's A-güe-ro and not A-gü-e-ro.

Whilst the injury itself is funny, those quotes just rile me more. Basically admitting he'd rather a free ride at a big club where he's not gonna play much than actually earn a wage and try and help a team in trouble like we were. Puke-inducing, money grabbing, scumbag. Hate the man.

"I've played in some of the biggest clubs in the world over my career and I've had not such a good time at certain clubs Newcastle where I've been in the relegation zone struggling away," he stated.

"Training with top players every day, being among the elite players is what I enjoy doing more.

"And if that means not playing as much but playing in a good team with good players creating chances, then I'd prefer to do that than slog away every week and hardly get a touch of the ball."

Prick.

"I've played in some of the biggest clubs in the world over my career and I've had not such a good time at certain clubs Newcastle where I've been in the relegation zone struggling away," he stated.

"Training with top players every day, being among the elite players is what I enjoy doing more.

"And if that means not playing as much but playing in a good team with good players creating chances, then I'd prefer to do that than slog away every week and hardly get a touch of the ball."

Prick.

He might as well have just fucking said it really, we're the only team he's been at that's been struggling to that extent. I really can't stand him, and the fact that it seems like he separates himself from the involvement in and the blame for our relegation. He should be at the front of the queue taking responsibility, being our captain and all.

Also, that's such a shit mentality being happy as a bench player training with good players basically sponging off their glory. If he has any interest in his profession other than it's paycheck he would want to be playing every week.

He's either a money grabbing cunt, or he's deluding himself into putting a positive spin on his situation. Probably a bit of both.

What an absolute wanker. Do you think he realises how much that just makes him look workshy and unable to perform any activity other than shooting? I mean, we all know that's true, but I'm sure his booklet said otherwise.

Guest neesy111

He signed a fucking 4 year contract, if he wasn't happy why didn't he put a transfer request in.  Mmmm, unless he was here for the money.

Why did we wear our away strip against Juventus in the Champions League for that famous night?

Did Juve's away strip clash with our home strip too or was it some sort of Champions League rule? I see m to remember us doing it more than once that year

Why did we wear our away strip against Juventus in the Champions League for that famous night?

Did Juve's away strip clash with our home strip too or was it some sort of Champions League rule? I see m to remember us doing it more than once that year

I'm sure we wore our home strip in the Stadio Delle Alpi, no idea why it was swapped round, may have been some kind of mixup with shorts and socks or something.

I'm sure we wore our home strip in the Stadio Delle Alpi, no idea why it was swapped round, may have been some kind of mixup with shorts and socks or something.

Not sure if this is true but I was told that in the Champions League, that the away team gets to wear their home strip.

Guest johnson293

Is it not a general rule that in a kit clash where the visiting team doesn't have another kit with them, the home team changes?

I'm thinking back to Sheff Wed at home in our first seaosn in the prem - they had aa away shirt that was white with black pin stripes (but looked almost white), which was deemed to clash with our Asics home shirt - we wore our away kit (all blue).

Not sure why we wouldn't have automatically taken an away kit to Juventus though.

However, I'm sure I've also seen instances where away teams have borrowed socks and/or shorts from the home team due to a clash.

Is it not a general rule that in a kit clash where the visiting team doesn't have another kit with them, the home team changes?

I'm thinking back to Sheff Wed at home in our first seaosn in the prem - they had aa away shirt that was white with black pin stripes (but looked almost white), which was deemed to clash with our Asics home shirt - we wore our away kit (all blue).

Not sure why we wouldn't have automatically taken an away kit to Juventus though.

However, I'm sure I've also seen instances where away teams have borrowed socks and/or shorts from the home team due to a clash.

:lol: The thought of Juventus travelling to Newcastle going "We'll just take the home strip - I mean black and white stripes, that's bound to not clash with Newcastle is it?" :laugh:

Guest johnson293

:lol: The thought of Juventus travelling to Newcastle going "We'll just take the home strip - I mean black and white stripes, that's bound to not clash with Newcastle is it?" :laugh:

These are the rules from 2008....

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf

And section 18.03 states....

Colour

18.03 The home team should always wear the official first-choice kit announced to

the UEFA administration on the entry form, unless the teams concerned

agree otherwise in due time, in which case details should be submitted to the

UEFA administration in writing. If the referee decides on the spot that the

colours of the two teams could lead to confusion, the home team must wear

other colours for reasons of practicality. For the final, both teams may wear

their home colours. However, if there is a clash, the team designated as the

“away” team must wear alternative colours. If a clash still exists and the team

officials are unable to agree, the UEFA administration will decide on the

colours.

So if this rule was the same when we played them, maybe Juve did just turn up with their home kit, as their away one was all white, wasn't it (at the time)?