Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I live in central London, what I meant was that it was ironic that a company that everyone hates they also use a lot.

Their coffee is pants mind, Caffe Nero for life.

You live in London?

:lol:

The FA Cup final will not clash with the penultimate round of Premier League fixtures after they were moved to accomodate the Wembley showpiece.

The Cup final traditionally takes place at the end of the season but was in danger of being overshadowed by a full round of Premier League encounters.

But only three or four of the scheduled eight or nine games will now be played on Saturday 14 May.

Those matches will start at 1245 BST and the Cup final at 1500 BST.

Two of the four semi-finalists - Manchester United, Manchester City, Bolton and Stoke - will have their Premier League fixtures postponed if they reach the final.

City and Stoke are due to meet that weekend, meaning only their match will be rearranged if they both reach the final.

Any other combination of finalists would see two matches postponed, with all four semi-finalists currently scheduled to play at 1245 BST.

Five games have been moved to Sunday 15 May, with most kicking off at 1600 BST.

It is understood the Premier League had planned to avoid a clash with the Cup final as soon as this season's fixtures were announced.

The FA Cup final cannot be played any later than 14 May this season as Uefa rules say Wembley must not be used for two weeks before the Champions League final on 28 May.

FA Cup final weekend Premier League fixtures:

Saturday 14 May (kick-off 1245 BST): Blackburn v Man Utd*, Blackpool v Bolton*, Man City v Stoke*, Sunderland v Wolves, West Brom v Everton.

Sunday 15 May (kick-off 1600 BST unless stated): Chelsea v Newcastle (1330), Arsenal v Aston Villa, Birmingham v Fulham, Liverpool v Tottenham, Wigan v West Ham.

* Will be postponed if teams involved reach FA Cup final

James looks like Will from the Inbetweeners.

Or Ben Elton.

and 'wor' je85

only just seen this, p*ss off

Only the halfway stage, but qualification for the ACoN next year is looking very unpredictable with some big teams having the possibility of failing to qualify.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Africa_Cup_of_Nations_qualification

Botswana are already there, having won 5 and drawn 1 of their 6 games. Before then they'd never even really came close to qualifying.

Egypt, who have won the last 3 tournaments have just 1 point from their first 3 games. It's looking very likely that they wont get there. Cameroon too, look like they must rely on getting in as a best runner up, while Morocco and Algeria are tied on points with Central African Republic and Tanzania. Cape Verde also top their group ahead of Mali as it stands.

I doubt many of you apart from Baba will find this at all interesting, but it seems weird that these smaller nations with shocking past records in qualifying are pushing the perennial big guns all the way.

I too was going to post this, but I didn't want to be like Parky. Posting things that only I care about or understand. :lol: No one will read this, but I'll type it anyway.

I am not surprised by this, man. Like the East European nations, the lesser powers in Africa have developed to a point where they are no longer doormats. You better come ready if you expect three points. Togo and Angola were also unknowns when they beat complacent powers to make WC 2006. Generally, it is very difficult to travel well on the African continent. Going from the Premiership to a dirt pitch and atrocious accommodations in some strange, desperate country is always going to be difficult. Even Ghana, who every seems to love, couldn't win against a competitive team in Sudan. I think Nigeria should qualify (now that they have an actual coach, which wasn't the case until recently), but I fully expected an underprepared team to be defeated in Conakry.

You might have read about Egypt's minor issues in your local papers. :lol: Cannot be helpful. They're in transition, anyway. These Arab nations always struggle to win matches away in Black Africa, anyway. They do well at the ACN (as they have Africa-based players and are the most organised), but they fail in WCQ recently. Cameroun, like Nigeria, are recovering from a horrific WC campaign and massive upheaval, and unfortunately got drawn with a damn good Senegal team (Sow and Niang upfront, ffs) who are not underachieving for once. Cabo Verde received a great draw. Mali consistently achieve nothing with all their talent, while Zimbabwe and Liberia are awful. I didn't know Botswana played football though. That I can't explain away.

He's a free kick and penalty taker? Pfff, a better goalkeeper would have got his goals in open play :nope:

How many missed free kicks have resulted in a goal against them? Anyone know?

Guest Antec

From .com

Liverpool (a) update - restricted view only

NUFC began selling tickets again on Tuesday morning for the upcoming visit to Anfield, but all of the unspecified amount now available are deemed to have either a "restricted view" or a "severely restricted view".

Despite this however, Liverpool have priced the tickets at the same level as the rest of the allocation: £42 adults, £31.50 over 65s and £21 U17s.

Season ticket holders can purchase now - no points requirement.

REAL football fans support their club until the day they die - but one went a step further by attending a game AFTER his death!

Fanatics of Colombian side Cucuta Deportivo snuck a coffin carrying the body of Cristopher Jacome into the General Santander Stadium prior to their game against Envigado.

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/futbol-colombiano/IMAGEN/IMAGEN-9081975-2.png

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3498918/Cristofer-Jacome-watches-local-team-Cucuta-Deportivo-even-though-hes-dead.html

Today 3 years ago we bought Spurs 4-1.

Here's the view of a prince amongst paper hats, one Dave Mason writing in The Observer:

Don't we have sweet days at the Lane now? And after Keegan's recent remarks about southerners, it would be even sweeter to wipe the floor with the Geordie nation today.

Given the relative trophy count, sounds more like subordi-nation to me. But we mustn't be so charitable towards our bare beer-bellied friends - the six points we gave them last season kept them up and we've already donated three this time.

If the game's dull we can always count the empty seats at their end - these 'committed fans' never take the full allocation, you see.

How do you sneak a coffin into a football stadium?

Fanatics of Colombian side Cucuta Deportivo snuck a coffin carrying the body of Cristopher Jacome into the General Santander Stadium prior to their game against Envigado.

Today 3 years ago we bought Spurs 4-1.

Here's the view of a prince amongst paper hats, one Dave Mason writing in The Observer:

Don't we have sweet days at the Lane now? And after Keegan's recent remarks about southerners, it would be even sweeter to wipe the floor with the Geordie nation today.

Given the relative trophy count, sounds more like subordi-nation to me. But we mustn't be so charitable towards our bare beer-bellied friends - the six points we gave them last season kept them up and we've already donated three this time.

If the game's dull we can always count the empty seats at their end - these 'committed fans' never take the full allocation, you see.

Have I stumbled into a time portal here Goodnight Sweetheart stylee?

We should really fucking hate Greggs, if familiarity does breed contempt.

I love Greggs, however. :aww:

Fugazi where's that Vic pic from, and who is it a skit of?

30 seconds in...

Was a spoof about the life of Steve Coogan.

Russia's Kuban Krasnodar beat up player for refusing to leave the team, pays him for his troubles

Kuban Krasnodar sure know how to make a player feel unwanted.

The Russian Premier League team agreed to pay $256,000 in damages to Nikola Nikezic, who says he was beaten up by the club after refusing to void the final year of his two-year contract.

http://origin.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_beautiful_blog/2011/03/russias-kuban-krasnodar-beat-up-player-for-refusing-to-leave-the-team-pay