Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Wigan look certs to me. They have barely scraped it these last seasons and with N'Zogbia leaving they are left with almost nothing to carry them.

And Cleverley is gone too. Big player for them last season.

Guest prestonj1989

S'alreet man Mauro Boselli is back.

They don't even have him. Out on loan at Estudiantes for the season.

Wigan look certs to me. They have barely scraped it these last seasons and with N'Zogbia leaving they are left with almost nothing to carry them.

Rest assured they'll still find a way to beat us 1-0.

Guest prestonj1989

S'alreet man Mauro Boselli is back.

They don't even have him. Out on loan at Estudiantes for the season.

:lol: what a signing he was.

Makes Xisco signing look shrewd.

All depends on how quickly Blackburn sack Kean imo. Bin him early and they've got a chance to get themselves out of it.

Harsh as fuck reading that back seeing as a ball hasn't been kicked yet and already I've assumed they'll be in trouble early and will sack the boss.  :undecided:

Guest Heneage

Could be a Giggs but Tim Vickery was telling an interesting story on the World Football Phone In a few weeks back.

Basically over the years he's had managers (wouldn't name them) come to him and ask for essentially scout reports on players. He said they were predominantly players being offered by agents who often had misleading DVD's suggesting they had a star on their hands.

What made it interesting was he said before Wigan signed Boselli another Premier League manager had called about him. He told him in no uncertain terms to avoid him like the plague and that he would bomb in England. Obviously Wigan then went on to sign him and the rest is history.

I found it interesting that some managers will actually ask journalists/writers for their opinions on players. Makes me wonder if we've ever been in touch.

Guest hobshobs

I think Villa will be in trouble this year.  Not necessarily relegation per se, but they'll be flirting with it.

So look for Given to do another runner February / March next year.

Could be a Giggs but Tim Vickery was telling an interesting story on the World Football Phone In a few weeks back.

Basically over the years he's had managers (wouldn't name them) come to him and ask for essentially scout reports on players. He said they were predominantly players being offered by agents who often had misleading DVD's suggesting they had a star on their hands.

What made it interesting was he said before Wigan signed Boselli another Premier League manager had called about him. He told him in no uncertain terms to avoid him like the plague and that he would bomb in England. Obviously Wigan then went on to sign him and the rest is history.

I found it interesting that some managers will actually ask journalists/writers for their opinions on players. Makes me wonder if we've ever been in touch.

Ryder probably has weekly meetings in Llambias' office like Oliver used to with FS :pow: