Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

It's fucking pathetic quite frankly.

We have some great foreign NUFC fans on here and they get my utmost respect because they stick with the club with exactly the same commitment (emotionally and financially) that many locals do, but it just saddens me that these are in the minority. Seriously what do these endless amounts of wankers get from picking up a Man U, Barca, Chelsea or even Man fucking City shirt and deciding they 'support' them.

Christ. If you are going to support an English/European team instead of your local football sides then atleast think outside of the fucking box. Have something about you and pick a proper team for a half decent reason. Hollow wankers.

Research by Germany company SPORT+MARKT has revealed an estimation of how many supporters each club has around the world. A sample of 1,000 people from 34 countries has revealed the top 13 football teams with the most fans.

:lol: i take it they just did some Maths trick to add on the rest of the world population to the small amount of the sample size that will have said NUFC.

BTW, I was in Kuala Lumpur the day and the day after Man United played a Malaysian XI a couple of years back. Never seen so many Man United shirts. Ridiculous.

Research by Germany company SPORT+MARKT has revealed an estimation of how many supporters each club has around the world. A sample of 1,000 people from 34 countries has revealed the top 13 football teams with the most fans.

:lol: i take it they just did some Maths trick to add on the rest of the world population to the small amount of the sample size that will have said NUFC.

BTW, I was in Kuala Lumpur the day and the day after Man United played a Malaysian XI a couple of years back. Never seen so many Man United shirts. Ridiculous.

Is there any truth in the rumour that red shirts are particularly desirable in certain countries?

So these 13 clubs share 1.3 Billion supporters. The world has 6.9 Billion inhabitants. That means pretty much 1 in 5 of every human supports one of these 13 teams. :lol:

Niall quinn wants the rest

Q5 But isn’t there a good chance of sampling error in a poll of 1,000 people?

A5 Yes there is. Mathematical and statistical theories prove that, in a random poll of 1,000, 19 times out of 20 a poll will be accurate to within 3 per cent. But this does leave the one in 20 chance of the result being outside this margin of error – hence opinion polling is accepted as an inexact science, and it is sensible to weigh up the results of several different polls when calculating the most likely outcome.

This was about a poll about the opinion of one nation. Not saying this counts for the football poll, but I don't think it's "laughable" to take something out of it.

Really impressive defensive stats there, but they all depend on context too. i.e. Who we were playing, where we were playing, what players were playing, etc. Nevertheless, I definitely think we've improved defensively though.

Cotterill set to become Forest boss:

Steve Cotterill set for Forest after leaving Portsmouth

Steve Cotterill has confirmed he is to take over as Nottingham Forest manager after quitting as Portsmouth boss.

The clubs agreed a compensation package overnight and Cotterill, 47, was at Pompey's training ground saying goodbye to the players on Friday morning.

Forest have yet to comment but he is due in Nottingham for talks on Friday.

"It has not been an easy decision because of the relationship I have with people at Portsmouth," Cotterill told he told BBC Radio Solent.

"The fans, players and staff have been fantastic. It has been a tough day and I would rather just get on with it now."

"It's been a very upsetting morning and I had to compose myself before I came out here to talk to you this morning.

"I'd rather not elaborate because I'll get upset again. Forest are a fantastic club and when I heard of their interest it was very flattering."

Cotterill is expected to be unveiled at Saturday's Championship game away against Coventry City.

Pompey's first-team coach Stuart Gray took training on Friday after Cotterill had said his goodbyes and - along with Guy Whittingham - is expected to take charge of the side for the visit of Barnsley on Saturday.

Earlier this week former Notts County manager Cotterill emerged as the bookmakers' favourite to take over from Steve McClaren - who resigned as Forest boss in early October.

Cotterill joined Pompey in June 2010 after a successful stint at Meadow Lane in which he guided County to promotion from League Two.

Struggling Forest, who lie a point below Pompey in 21st place, were understood to be reluctant to pay compensation to complete their new management set-up.

Last week they called off their chase to bring Charlton Athletic academy director Paul Hart back to the club in a technical director role and Cotterill would also command a compensation fee.

But the clubs are now understood to have reached agreed a deal.

Forest's European Cup-winning captain and BBC Radio Nottingham match summariser John McGovern believes Cotterill is the stand-out candidate to take over as Reds manager.

"He's got enough experience now to do a good job anywhere," McGovern said.

"He's capable of providing the kind of motivation needed to help the players."

Managerial career win%

1 Andre Villas-Boas 67%

2 Sir Alex Ferguson 57.82%

3 Roberto Mancini 55.09%

4 Kenny Dalglish 54.68%

5 Arsene Wenger 53.28%

6 Martin Jol 49.69%

7 Alex McLeish 47.37%

8 David Moyes 44.01%

9 Owen Coyle 43.82%

10 Alan Pardew 43.32%

11 Paul Lambert 43.3%

12 Roy Hodgson 43.08%

13 Harry Redknapp 40.39%

14 Mick McCarthy 40.28%

15 Neil Warnock 39.56%

16 Brendan Rodgers 39.17%

17 Roberto Martinez 37.63%

18 Tony Pulis 37.41%

19 Steve Bruce 36.74%

20 Steve Kean 21.43%

Managerial career win%

1 Andre Villas-Boas 67%

2 Sir Alex Ferguson 57.82%

3 Roberto Mancini 55.09%

4 Kenny Dalglish 54.68%

5 Arsene Wenger 53.28%

6 Martin Jol 49.69%

7 Alex McLeish 47.37%

8 David Moyes 44.01%

9 Owen Coyle 43.82%

10 Alan Pardew 43.32%

11 Paul Lambert 43.3%

12 Roy Hodgson 43.08%

13 Harry Redknapp 40.39%

14 Mick McCarthy 40.28%

15 Neil Warnock 39.56%

16 Brendan Rodgers 39.17%

17 Roberto Martinez 37.63%

18 Tony Pulis 37.41%

19 Steve Bruce 36.74%

20 Steve Kean 21.43%

:iamatwat:

here in Canada Sportsnet runs a commercial for their new branding "Fuelled by Fans" where they show crowd shots at stadia around the world.

Newcastle supporters feature prominently. Trying to find the clip to post with no luck.