Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is releasing a book that deals with big parts of his career. Apparently the bit about his time at Barcelona is incredibly revealing and honest.

When he was troubled at Barcelona, he called his childhood friends from Rosengård (rough neighbourhood outside of Malmö where he grew up) to ask for advice. They offered to come down and "smash things up", he kindly declined with it "not being the right strategy at that particular moment".

On Guardiola: "You don't have any balls. You shit yourself in front of Mourinho. When Mourinho light things up, you pull down the curtains."

That was after he got benched after our CL exit against Inter. Apparently Pep didn't say a word to him, and that's why he accused him of being a coward.

Some other stuff that has surfaced in our media...

1) He said he had an agreement with Real Madrid in order to force his exit (strange, he was a on a long contract and don't think we cared)

2) He was pissed that Guardiola forbade players to come to training in luxury cars

3) He says that Barça players are "schoolboys" (always thought he left on good terms with the squad myself)

4) Apparently didn't take well Messi getting "his" role (#9)

That was after he got benched after our CL exit against Inter. Apparently Pep didn't say a word to him, and that's why he accused him of being a coward.

1) He said he had an agreement with Real Madrid in order to force his exit (strange, he was a on a long contract and don't think we cared)

2) He was pissed that Guardiola forbade players to come to training in luxury cars

3) He says that Barça players are "schoolboys" (always thought he left on good terms with the squad myself)

Sounds to me like he's bitter that he didn't make it at Barca.

Guest Heneage

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

@

@SnedNE25 That's just your perception, I have regular interaction with plenty of fans on Twitter many i would now class as friends #nufc

'Football Fwends'

2) He was p*ssed that Guardiola forbade players to come to training in luxury cars

Personal problems aside, at the end of the road I think what happened is that Guardiola  spent a shitload on a player to perform the striker-playmaker role he envisioned to replace the more limited Eto'o, and then he realized that in Messi he already had the best player in the world to perform that role. Zlatan became a bit of an odd end.

Brilliant player, I'd have really loved if he had made it here.

2) He was p*ssed that Guardiola forbade players to come to training in luxury cars

Personal problems aside, at the end of the road I think what happened is that Guardiola  spent a shitload on a player to perform the striker-playmaker role he envisioned to replace the more limited Eto'o, and then he realized that in Messi he already had the best player in the world to perform that role. Zlatan became a bit of an odd end.

Brilliant player, I'd have really loved if he had made it here.

Swede's seem to always defend him, I'm not sure he was the right fit. It seems to me as if Barcelona simply works better with someone who finishes off the moves and provides an alternativ in behind defenses. Zlatan has toyed with the Serie A for years, playing with his back to goal. Doesn't really work in a team playing the sort of football you lot play. Not really down to his or Guardiola's ability, but rather a rare mistake of signing the wrong player. His reaction is of course something else. Looking forward to read it myself.

Zlatan isn't the only player that would struggle to adapt to Barca's system. I reckon Cronaldo would have problems and even Villa hasn't been seamless.

Very interested to see how Sánchez works out.

Aye, it's weird isn't it? We have problems "digesting" some of the world's best and then we put out a kid like Cuenca on the pitch and it's like he's always been there.

Excited to see Alexis myself now that he's back.

Just received this today  :frantic:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9210/benarentoft.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Preben Arentoft (born November 1, 1942) is a Danish former football player who played in the midfielder position. He played professionally for a number of clubs, most notably Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers. He played nine games for the Denmark national football team.

Born in Copenhagen, Arentoft started playing football with Copenhagen club Brønshøj Boldklub. He made his Danish national team debut in June 1965, and played four national team games while at Brønshøj. He moved abroad to play professionally for Scottish club Greenock Morton. Due to the Danish rules of amateurism, he was no longer eligible for the Danish national team.

In 1969, Arentoft moved to England to play for Newcastle United. He played for Newcastle until 1971, earning the nickname Benny. He made a total of 63 appearances for the club, scoring 3 goals. He helped Newcastle win the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1969, scoring in the second leg of the final. He is also remembered for having to play in goal during a 5-1 win over Manchester United in 1970, coming on for an injured Willie McFaul. When the Danish rule of amateurism was abolished in 1971, Arentoft played a further five Danish national team games, representing Newcastle.

In 1971, he moved on to English club Blackburn Rovers, before ending his career with Helsingborgs IF in Sweden.