Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

did you shag her?

:lol: Nah. She's an Arsenal fan in Ipswich with links with ITFC after years of hospitality. Said it'll just be sat in her closet so gave it to me. Not that I wouldn't, like.

What the...

Can't help it. What is it about wardrobe that makes me feel gay saying it? Ironic considering the 'closet' innuendo. Wardrobe just feels faggish, kind of like pronouncing 'scone'  and not 'scon'. I like closet. Closet makes me feel safe.

:lol: I've not a clue. This is someone that generally hates Americanisms. But there's some that I just find better. :dontknow: It's narrow minded bastards like you that stop this beautiful language of ours from evolving to it's correct point, amirite?

:lol: I've not a clue. This is someone that generally hates Americanisms. But there's some that I just find better. :dontknow: It's narrow minded bastards like you that stop this beautiful language of ours from evolving to it's correct point, amirite?

:lol: Nah, I'm a hero.  Do you say sidewalk as well or does plain old pavement work for you?  Picking and choosing stuff like closet/wardrobe FFS, the nerve.

Newcastle and Fulham are to be ‘scoped out’ by intermediaries working for senior members of the Qatari Royal Family as potential takeover targets, I can reveal.

The extended family of the ruling Al Thani clan hold about £40billion of assets via the QIA sovereign wealth fund alone, and they are exploring options to expand their football portfolio via other investment vehicles ahead of the 2022 World Cup.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oly...#ixzz1uDI0e41u

Puyol injured his knee today in training, likely to miss the Euros (and the Copa final).

Centre back pairing of Pique and Ramos then?

Probably. With Alba on the left we can afford to put Ramos on the center while still keeping an attacking fullback (important for the way Spain play).

Piqué and Ramos have absolutely 0 experience as a pairing though, although their rap as RB-CB has always been pretty good.

Sucks for Puyol, he's actually been very good this season, and he was going to retire from Spain after the Euros. And he's just one game away from 100 caps!

Newcastle and Fulham are to be ‘scoped out’ by intermediaries working for senior members of the Qatari Royal Family as potential takeover targets, I can reveal.

The extended family of the ruling Al Thani clan hold about £40billion of assets via the QIA sovereign wealth fund alone, and they are exploring options to expand their football portfolio via other investment vehicles ahead of the 2022 World Cup.

:giggs:

Don't like the sound of being part of a marketing/investment vehicle ahead of the 2022 WC. I know Cashley bought into us for similar reasons, but at least it's in the process of working its self out...not again.

Don't like the sound of being part of a marketing/investment vehicle ahead of the 2022 WC. I know Cashley bought into us for similar reasons, but at least it's in the process of working its self out...not again.

Same with Man City. It was only bought to promote UAE. The money they are spending theirs no way it can be won back even by winning all the trophies on offer. FFP came in so now they have made friendly sponsorship deals with the likes of Etihad in order to try and make it look like the books are balanced. Eithad is actually partly owned by the same people who own Man City.

Guest Craig-NUFC

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/tcu5n/new_leaked_blackburn_letter_lays_bare_crisis_and/c4li45l

Interesting read regarding a leaked letter from Blackburn's board to the Venky's.

SportingIntel also have a full archive on Blackburn's mismanagement, but the site's being bombarded right now so it's taking a while to get on. http://www.sportingintelligence.com/?s=desai+blackburn&x=0&y=0

Rumour going around that King Kenny will be taking Comolli's job at the end of the season and Rafa will be returning like the Prodigal Son.

Probably total boll*cks but thought I'd share anyway.

Friend of mine from the blue side of Liverpool is convinced this is going to happen as well. Doubt it personally

Guest Wally_McFool

Steve Kean in fight with Gael Givet at Blackburn - Wigan game yesterday???

(taken from another forum)

Been reading a few of the Rovers forums and this was posted about the half time incident

"May I point out I am not "In The Know" and have never posted any rumours on here at anytime.

However, I can confidently shed some light on events at half-time. I sit in Block No 1, Lower Tier Blackburn End. I sit next to two lads who are Rovers representatives on the Sky Fans Forum. They are always feeding me little bits of news, but last night was very interesting.

To avoid the risk of someone at the club getting in trouble at work, I would rather not say who gave them this information, but I can confirm that it was not a player. One of the people I sit with received a text literally two minutes after the half-time whistle blew.

It was not Orr and Givet that were arguing in the dressing room.

It was not a hamstring strain.

It was nothing to with with heart palpitations.

I have it on very good authority that Givet and Kean had another almight bust up at half-time about the way we were playing. Givet subsequently refused to play after telling Kean he did not have a clue what he was doing and that his tactics were inviting pressure. The two ended with Givet pinning Kean to the wall by his neck with his forearm.

This explains perfectly why Sky felt sure they had a breaking story, the confusion in the tunnel, Sky panning to the security guard (who prevents people getting down the tunnel) talking furiously down his mike, Givet strolling out without limping and taking his seat and no other players responding to him at that time. Orr mouthing at the physio may have been in relation to the incident but I am not sure.

The same source has also stated that at half-time away at Bolton, Robbo and Roberts had a blazing row with Kean and told him he did not know he was doing. They told him they would run the team for him. Roberts immediately went to Reading and Robbo was suddenly also in bad books.

Believe what you will."

Also, from the same poster:

" I was also told that Kean completed his interview last night immediately after the game, subsequently recorded by Sky and then released maybe 30 minutes later. Kean apparently then left the ground immediately upon police advice."

Kean really should fuck off out of there like. Helping to destroy that club. Feel really sorry for Rovers fans.

Donrt suppose we will ever find out if this is bollocks or not unless Gael Givet or some other Blackburn player  writes a book.  :naughty:

It wouldn't surprise me if true though cos Kean is the most deluded excuse making muppett I have ever known to get a job as manager.

Worse than Dickie Dinnis probably!

Good post I found on a Blackburn forum (roverstalk)

Amongst all the drivel that will end up on here over the next few pages I knew we'd end up down tonight and as a lifelong fan I am hugely disappointed as we all are but I will seriously try and look at this philosophically, as much as Kean and Venky's need to shoulder most of the responsibility.

Over the last 3-4 seasons I've really started to lose a lot of my passion for the club, and nothing to do with being a fair weather supporter, more to do with the players as a group, how we have played under Ince, Allardyce and Kean and long standing problems problems that were never going away.

As well as Allardyce did in the circumstances I always felt we were very vulnerable to relegation, we always looked capable of a bad 10 game run and sliding towards the bottom, but we ground out results when required. Then you at the squad that since Hughes was slowly deteriorating season upon season, under the Trust and under Venky's. We were spending less and less year on year, having to sell our best players to mainly service increasing debt and then buy cheaper and cheaper players. Regardless of ownership I felt we were declining overall season upon season.

We haven't done a Leeds or a Pompey at all, the only decent element to Venky's tenure is that we are debt free as far as we've been told, our wage bill has been slashed massively and apart from Jones and Samba this has been a good thing. Too many average and ageing players on 30k a week plus that was crippling the team. Venky's tried to cut cost, which needed doing, gambled on young players with potential, but it hasn't worked, we are down.

I would love for us to look at Newcastle and try to emulate their success to get back up, or similarly, Reading. I want to see wholesale changes in the philosophy of the playing squad and feel as though when I am in the stand that we've got 11 players believing in the system, then Manager and working hard.

I was bored with Allardyce's methods, I was bored with seeing Dunn and Diouf get annoyed for Pedersen lugging long throws to the opposition keeper, I'm excessively frustrated with seeing every Manager continue to revolved the side around one of the worst players I've ever witnessed play for this club. I'm fed up with us being lightweight and overrun in midfield for the last 8 seasons, I'm fed up with us having s*** full backs, I'm fed up with it always feeling as though we have a man less on the pitch, we always look stretched in defence but then always isolated up front.

I like the guy but I don't want Robbo at the club any more, nice guy but a bad keeper, Pedersen the same, nice guy but he is s***, I'm bored with seeing Dunn, a lifelong fan, run himself into the ground but effectively do nothing all game. I can't be dealing with our inability to keep the ball and play simple pass and move for the last 4 seasons, likewise watch Robbo hump every freekick high into the box.

I'd rather see us clear out the entire squad bar the players that really give a s*** and are worth their wages, and start afresh, with a new system and new tactics. I want to see 11 players I trust and believe in to do the simple things, to work hard, chance down and win second balls.

Players likely to leave/hope they leave:

Robbo

Dann

N'Zonzi

Hoilett

Petrovic

Yakubu

Pedersen

Dunn

Grella

Team for next season:

----------Bunn

Orr Hanley Givet Olsson

----------Lowe

---Formica------?

Rochina GW---Vukcevic/?

I'd like to see a proper 4-3-3, I think in Orr and Olsson we have some quality attacking full backs that can really excel in the Championship, Orr already has. I think we have players in Henley and Morris who can do the same. I'd like to create a strong midfield nucleus of 3 players who protect the back 4 properly, work hard and support our attacks as for so many years we've been utter dog s*** in midfield and that is down to the moronic persistence with players like Pedersen. Formica, Rochina and Goodwillie could be top top players at a lower level.

Long post I know, talking a lot of ifs and buts, on the whole I'm not actually too down, I think we need this to finally shift the s*** out of this club and I mean players and generally Premier League culture that seem instilled in so many of them.

I'll be at Chelsea with my Dad, not really sure why now to be honest, oh well.

Must be hard for them sometimes. They've had a succession of awful, awful, boring managers and terrible players and now terrible owners. The fans behaviour was horrendous, granted, but that post gives an idea of the frustration.

Wish them well in the championship :thup: reckon they'll be there for a while though.