Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Ibrahimovic won the 'Golden Foot' for 2012. That's basically WPOTY for those over 29. Can only be won once though.

Canny previous winners list!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Foot

I'm surprised Xavi hasn't been given the award over the past few seasons, or Pirlo even would have been a better choice last year. Yaya should be considered as well.

Seems like there's an exceptionally large number of worthy players turning 30 around the same time, so I'd imagine the next few years you'd see players from that shortlist be awarded it. Also it's based on sporting achievement and personality, so that'd probably have given Zlatan the edge.

Pretty cool award, you get to have your footprints on the seafront at Monaco next to all the other winners. Think I voted for Xavi, can't really remember.

http://www.elite.gd/news/john-terry-appeal-decision/

John Terry Statement

After careful consideration, I have decided not to appeal against the FA judgment.

I want to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone for the language I used in the game against Queens Park Rangers last October.

Although I’m disappointed with the FA judgment, I accept that the language I used, regardless of the context, is not acceptable on the football field or indeed in any walk of life.

As I stated in the criminal case, with the benefit of hindsight my language was clearly not an appropriate reaction to the situation for someone in my position.

My response was below the level expected by Chelsea Football Club, and by me, and it will not happen again.

Looking forward, I will continue to do my part in assisting the club to remove all types of discriminatory behaviour from football.

I am extremely grateful for the consistent support of Chelsea FC, the fans and my family.

I know its easier to have a go at Lee Ryder for being a cock because he does actually come across as one.

But that aside, his articles are so poorly written they're just awful. He writes them like a 14 year old, no finesse or class about them at all.

I know its easier to have a go at Lee Ryder for being a cock because he does actually come across as one.

But that aside, his articles are so poorly written they're just awful. He writes them like a 14 year old, no finesse or class about them at all.

Micky Quinn's column is written better.

English isn't my native languague but I'm pretty confident I would do better anyway.

He seems to have no journalistic ambition. There's no cultivation or personal touch to his language and all his articles lack depth or any form of reasoning. To think he occupies the same profession as someone like Caulkin is nothing short of bizarre.

Ibrahimovic won the 'Golden Foot' for 2012. That's basically WPOTY for those over 29. Can only be won once though.

Canny previous winners list!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Foot

I'm surprised Xavi hasn't been given the award over the past few seasons, or Pirlo even would have been a better choice last year. Yaya should be considered as well.

Wanted to post this myself, if you look back at the year Totti won it and the sort of players he was up against, its ridiculous how many good players are up for it every year. I love Zlatan though and it just shows how big an acheivement it is really that he beat players like Xavi and Pirlo to it.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Paolo Bandini ‏@Paolo_Bandini

Juventus defender Bonucci - with wife + young son - mugged by thief with gun demanding watch. Bonucci punched him in face and chased him off

:mou:

Paolo Bandini ‏@Paolo_Bandini

Juventus defender Bonucci - with wife + young son - mugged by thief with gun demanding watch. Bonucci punched him in face and chased him off

:mou:

:notbad:

Just got back from covering my first ever football game for a paper. Did Yate v Newport County in the FA Cup. Ended up missing kick off because my trains were delayed a couple of hours, had to sprint to the ground, my feature was doubled in length to 800 words owing to the result, had to frantically dash around to try and interview Justin Edinburgh, and then find a pub with wireless to get my report in for 6.30! Still, it has kept my mind off tomorrow's events!

Just got back from covering my first ever football game for a paper. Did Yate v Newport County in the FA Cup. Ended up missing kick off because my trains were delayed a couple of hours, had to sprint to the ground, my feature was doubled in length to 800 words owing to the result, had to frantically dash around to try and interview Justin Edinburgh, and then find a pub with wireless to get my report in for 6.30! Still, it has kept my mind off tomorrow's events!

That's class! Is your report online anywhere?

Very stressful. It was basically made very clear to me that I had to get quotes off of both managers. I thought I'd missed Edinburgh and had started to panic, but I found him in the bar and basically said 'I know you're having a pint, but it's my first game and I'll get a bollocking if I don't get anything off you' and he was very obliging.

Urm, well it will be in the Non-League Paper - I think they do an online version, but you have to subscribe.