Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

So i've been working on a new project for a little while and here is the first output from it. A mix of my love of football and Sensible Soccer...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7746/sissokochelsa.png

Ill be making more goals soon and will be doing requests via the website and Facebook page.

EDIT The facebook URL isnt facebook.com/comingsoon thats just a placeholder whilst I decide on the name of the site

Give us the tickboxes: what do you want from the name?

- something that has words like sensible, pixels, goals etc in it

- name needs to be under 15 characters long so that I can secure social media usernames

- .co.uk and .com must be available

I had the perfect name for the project but some gimp in America owns the .com and isn't using it.

If you have a good name please PM it so that I don't risk oth people taking it.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your comments and name ideas. I think I have decided on a name and the site will be launching sometime next week. If there is enough interest we could possibly have a dedicated thread for requests and created images. Ill be in touch soon :)

Stelling has always been paid to be an entertaining host and provide decent banter with his guests.

His opinion is something i have never held that highly tbh.

:thup: Can't say I've ever paid much attention to what he has to say outside of his funnies on Soccer Saturday.

So i've been working on a new project for a little while and here is the first output from it. A mix of my love of football and Sensible Soccer...

Ill be making more goals soon and will be doing requests via the website and Facebook page.

EDIT The facebook URL isnt facebook.com/comingsoon thats just a placeholder whilst I decide on the name of the site

- name needs to be under 15 characters long so that I can secure social media usernames

I had the perfect name for the project but some gimp in America owns the .com and isn't using it.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your comments and name ideas. I think I have decided on a name and the site will be launching sometime next week. If there is enough interest we could possibly have a dedicated thread for requests and created images. Ill be in touch soon :)

Nice idea.

Pundits seem to be falling over themselves to proclaim Bale as one of the best in the world. I don't understand why they're so desperate to push this all of a sudden.

the Rooney bandwagons proven to be a dud re one of worlds best players and they seem desperate for someone playing in the prem to be one of the best in the world

I think it's as simple as this, coupled with the fact that he's British. It's cringeworthy, but if it adds a zero to his price when we eventually sell him then I guess I'll have to live with it.

His style (on the pitch, anyway) is more attention-grabbing than Wilshere, who is probably the only other young British player with the potential for the same level of hype. Maybe Walcott, but he has never seemed to get the credit I think he deserves. We had a discussion about Bale and Waddle on the boards the other day, and I still think rate Waddle higher, although if Bale keeps improving then who knows?

Frankly, it's just someone else for the media to build up, then knock down. Or maybe build up, then try to get sold to a club more "deserving" of his talents. Total waste of time reading it/listening tbh. It's reached a bit of a head over the last couple of weeks just because he has scored some cracking goals.

As far as Wilshere goes i think something similar is already started with him, i saw some reports calling him the "New Gascoigne" this morning :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong he's fantastic but it always shocks me how the media never seem to learn.

They have learned. You think they do this because it's true, or because it is in some way beneficial to the game? They couldn't give a fuck. They want more people to read it, or listen to it, or watch it, or talk about it - and of course, we are.

Pundits seem to be falling over themselves to proclaim Bale as one of the best in the world. I don't understand why they're so desperate to push this all of a sudden.

the Rooney bandwagons proven to be a dud re one of worlds best players and they seem desperate for someone playing in the prem to be one of the best in the world

I think it's as simple as this, coupled with the fact that he's British. It's cringeworthy, but if it adds a zero to his price when we eventually sell him then I guess I'll have to live with it.

His style (on the pitch, anyway) is more attention-grabbing than Wilshere, who is probably the only other young British player with the potential for the same level of hype. Maybe Walcott, but he has never seemed to get the credit I think he deserves. We had a discussion about Bale and Waddle on the boards the other day, and I still think rate Waddle higher, although if Bale keeps improving then who knows?

Frankly, it's just someone else for the media to build up, then knock down. Or maybe build up, then try to get sold to a club more "deserving" of his talents. Total waste of time reading it/listening tbh. It's reached a bit of a head over the last couple of weeks just because he has scored some cracking goals.

Well if you're right then Zaha, if he can at least scoresa goal or two next season, will be taking over the spotlight in the near future.

As far as Wilshere goes i think something similar is already started with him, i saw some reports calling him the "New Gascoigne" this morning :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong he's fantastic but it always shocks me how the media never seem to learn.

They have learned. You think they do this because it's true, or because it is in some way beneficial to the game? They couldn't give a f***. They want more people to read it, or listen to it, or watch it, or talk about it - and of course, we are.

Very true :thup:

Thanks!

Some point-blank misses in front of goal (with a little sky-reaching rainbow drawn in, directed behind goal), or some of Williamson's greatest defensive moments (ie. featuring the weak clearances etc) would be good. Other defensive blunders , own goals (complete with a little dunce hat for the guilty party) wouldn't go astray either.

and R.Carlos' Barthez Beater, with some sort of funny/squigly line illustrating the ball physics, would be appreciated. I' m not trying to be too demanding like.

Turn them into cheesy, satirical works of art. Test the waters, and see if there's a market for it. There might just be some coin in it for you.