Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

“I was playing with an ankle stress fracture in the run to the 2007 play-off final with Derby,” Barnes explains. “For whatever reason, I didn’t have a scan on it and was taking injections - it cracked in the final. It was a fracture but then it split.

“The following February, I dislocated and ruptured knee ligament tendons. I went on loan to Fulham, but soon got a partial tear of my Achilles tendon. I went back to Derby for pre-season, trained when I should have been resting and it fully ruptured in a friendly against Stoke City.”

This is called not learning from your mistakes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-21687292

6 March 2013 Last updated at 14:59

Manchester United fan calls 999 over Nani's red card

A football fan was so disgusted with the referee's decision to send off Nani in Tuesday's Champions League clash with Real Madrid he called 999.

The 18-year-old Manchester United supporter was watching at home in a village near Bingham, Nottinghamshire.

He felt the red card shown to the United winger was a crime so called police.

He later apologised for the call, saying he was caught up in the moment. Police will not take any action.

'Waste our time'

The fan, who has not been named, called police at about 21:20 GMT during United's second leg clash against the Spanish giants.

He was incensed by the referee's decision to show Nani the red card for a high challenge on Alvaro Arbeloa.

Ch Insp Ted Antill said: "While this recent example may be amusing, it illustrates the sort of insincere calls we have to deal with on a daily basis in the control room.

"They waste our time and they direct us away from genuine victims of crime, particularly if we dispatch officers out to something that turns out to be a bogus report."

He warned that prank 999 calls were a crime and said people had been prosecuted in the past.

"It's no joke. In this case, the man realised his bad judgement and apologised and we decided not to pursue it further," he added.

Nottinghamshire Police said it received 6,933 recorded hoax calls in 2012, which is about 2% of all reported incidents.

Had Tuesday's 999 caller followed Sir Alex Ferguson's example, he would have avoided a police telling off - the Manchester United manager was said afterwards to be "too distraught" to speak about the match.

The game turned after the dismissal of Portuguese winger Nani - whose real name is Luis Carlos Almeida da Cunha - with Real Madrid scoring two quick goals to win the match 2-1, knocking United out of the competition 3-2 on aggregate.

Why did they let this idiot off? Maybe if they made an example of him other idiots would think twice before ringing 999 and stopping operators from answering genuine emergency calls.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Docu-thing about Laurie Cunningham now on ITV.

Cracking doc that. Never knew much about him since he was before my time and after watching that I find it mental how he isn't celebrated more.

Guest elbee909

Docu-thing about Laurie Cunningham now on ITV.

Cracking doc that. Never knew much about him since he was before my time and after watching that I find it mental how he isn't celebrated more.

Same here, had no idea.  Real Madrid, man.

Guest Roger Kint

On Paper Corner on SSN they showed the back page of the Sun 'Ref in clear'. Its been two days and they are still bleating over what was a harsh but ultimately correct decision while ignoring the goal he missed against them. Really is a shameful rag :lol: