Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22350078

Terrible that, poor lad. Photo of the injury is online if you're not squeamish.

'Mansfield manager Paul Cox called the game off with 17 minutes left, with Thompson the third player to require hospital treatment after challenges by Ilkeston FC striker Gary Ricketts, who was subsequently banned for two weeks and fined two weeks' wages by his club'

What the fuck!?

The picture, 3 players needing hospital treatment, sounds like the bloke should have been banged up!

Austria Salzburg, the phoenix club that formed after Red Bull purchased, renamed and bastardised the original club facing more bullshit from Red Bull this season.

Not just happy with buying one club, RB now own 3 third division clubs as well. One of which is being used as Red Bull's reserve/youth team and are currently two points ahead of Austria at the top of the 3rd divison. This club they bought (Liefering) now play in the Red Bull colours/use wear the same badge and today were granted full license to play in the 2nd division (when usually reserve teams aren't allowed). They're claiming it as a 'partnership' rather than outright ownership to basically skirt the rules. This means that unless Austria can overtake them they'll miss out on promotion again, almost entirely at the hands of the company that knicked their club in the first place.

Their fans just can't catch a break. Imagine if this shit happened to NUFC.

Edit: just read that not only have the Red Bull team (and another under their wing) been granted a license, but Austria have been denied one to potentially play in the 2nd tier. What a ludicrous situation.

'Mansfield manager Paul Cox called the game off with 17 minutes left, with Thompson the third player to require hospital treatment after challenges by Ilkeston FC striker Gary Ricketts, who was subsequently banned for two weeks and fined two weeks' wages by his club'

What the f***!?

The picture, 3 players needing hospital treatment, sounds like the bloke should have been banged up!

Did a bit of digging:

http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=6078

One of the first things that came up on a search was another red card for the same guy.

What the f***!?

Makes me angry reading that. Horrendous that it had so little consequences.

the Chronicle f***ing love a good "campaign"

Some of the "reasons" are tenuous to put it kindly

the whole thing is.  As if we need to be reminded of reasons why we support Newcastle United.  Utter f***ing cretins.

Agreed. It's horrendous. And Embarrassing. I don;t understand how they can misjudge their audience so badly

They're just desperate for online content ideas to sell ads. Doubt they have the personnel to come up with anything actually interesting.

Aww, football will never be that fun again. I'd totally love to play like that still but everyone else is too "mature"

Bloody miss singles/doubles (we never called it Wembley though)

And we said 'fog man back'.

"goal mooching" :lol:

We used to always play with bottles at high school, noone would bring a ball cos it would get nicked.

And I don't think the still beng mates bit was true.

We never picked teams though in prim school - we had two classes in each year so we played like that. Though I controversially transferred to the other class for about a week after a bust-up with my team, temporarily becoming a hero for the other class and hated in my own.

Haha, aye. So many ruined friendships over an imaginary crossbar. :lol:

So true :lol: "It was a lob!"

Tell me you all played 60 seconds right? Used to get some bullshit things happening if it was down to the last few seconds and your mate passed to you, you'd just let it go and he'd be in goal. Cue rage :lol:

Luke Edwards is banned  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony Gallagher ‏@gallaghereditor 7m

Things at Newcastle must be worse than we thought: they have banned our reporter Luke Edwards for revealing the dressing room is split

They've banned him as he's a shit stirring little cunt with a severe bitterness towards us.

"Revealing", what a load of bollocks.

More likely that he's been banned for publishing lies, which is what they've done in the past with other journalists.

Get in.

Guest neesy111

I'll give the club credit here, he's a horrible journalist and has based his article on hearsay.

Tony Gallagher ‏@gallaghereditor 15m

Things at Newcastle must be worse than we thought: they have banned our reporter Luke Edwards for revealing the dressing room is split

Expand  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite  More

Taylor and Besty ‏@TaylorandBesty 8m

@gallaghereditor If Luke named his source and included actual quotes, maybe his piece wouldn't be so derided by the club and fans alike.

Expand

Tony Gallagher ‏@gallaghereditor 7m

@TaylorandBesty oh please.  Because the club looked such a model of unity at the weekend.  V similar story in the Mirror too

Guest neesy111

I'll give the club credit here, he's a horrible journalist and has based his article on hearsay.

Pure and simple, that's Klass.

:laugh: