Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest Shaun

As far as I'm aware, Torres was actually our contingency plan if we had failed to sign Owen in 2005. A €21 million bid was on the cards.

Thought it was Rooney.

Just watched The Big Match special for Newcastle and for a 17 year old like me its refreshing to see players like super mac smash the ball in from 40 yards then mobbed by the crowd with no trouble at all. Must see!

:thup:

Nah, they're shaming the game man.

As far as I'm aware, Torres was actually our contingency plan if we had failed to sign Owen in 2005. A €21 million bid was on the cards.

Hindsight, eh?  :(

The talk was of us having a first refusal clause as I recall.

Thought it was Rooney.

The Rooney thing was in 2004.

Thought it was Rooney.

The Rooney thing was in 2004.

We had one damn fantastic, forward thinking board back then. :thup:

Guest neesy111

Anyone know any bars in Barcelona that will be showing NUFC vs Stoke?

Try the sports bar on Las Ramblas, caught a few NUFC games in there when I've been.

Ryans go mostly by Sky/ESPN, but if it's shown on GolTV Spain (sadly their online TV guide only goes a week so I can't check), it should be easy to find a place here. However if there are lots of 3pm kickoffs they tend to switch between them instead of choosing a single game.

We have the most almost-signings in history.

No that was Spurs, remember they went through a glut of it a number of years back. I am sure Ronaldinho nearly signed for them on a few occasions.

Of course we nearly signed Emerton & Kuyt. Roeder still scouting him probably.