Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest neesy111

Messi signed for Barcelona 10 years ago today.  The rest they say is history....

With a contract written on the back of a napkin.

Really, I didn't know that.

Messi signed for Barcelona 10 years ago today.  The rest they say is history....

With a contract written on the back of a napkin.

Really, I didn't know that.

Aye, they just interviewed our chief scout at the time, who related how he met Messi's father at a restaurant and once they got a verbal agreement he wanted to put it down in writing ASAP to clinch the deal and secure the boy for us.

Daft, Dyer has looked their best player but that's not saying much.

Guess Grant doesn't want Wham picking up points with him not being there, that would look terrible since he's got none in 4 games.  :lol:

Goal.com

Sevilla could yet receive the three points from their Europa League defeat to Paris Saint-Germain on Thursday after the French club were plunged into controversy following allegations of forgery against goalkeeper Apoula Edel.

According to reports in the Spanish press Los Nervionenses have lodged a formal complaint to UEFA after allegations emerged in France claiming that 24-year-old Edel is not who he claimed to be, but is instead a 29-year-old named Ambroise Beyama.

A former coach with the Cameroon national team, Nicolas Philibert has claimed that the player's identification has been falsified and the matter now lays with the French judiciary while UEFA are understood to have launched their own investigation.

If the allegations are proved true and the player is found guilty, he could be sentenced to prison although the player's legal representative Christophe Bigot is adamant that there has been no wrong-doing on the part of the player.

"It's a gross mis-handling. It's an attempt to intimidate Edel. I am extremely calm on the issue. I have irrefutable evidence that Mr Philibert is not telling the truth and Edel did not change his  identity at any time," Bigot is quoted as saying by Marca.

Meanwhile if false documents were lodged with the game's French and European governing bodies les Parisiens risk losing the points they have accumulated so far this season in games involving Edel, namely the Sevilla tie in Europe and their last Ligue 1 tie against AC Arles.

They could also face expulsion from the European competition, demotion from the top tier of French football and heavy fines although club lawyer Laurent Pagnol does not believe demotion is a likely outcome.

"In sporting terms, PSG can lose the points gained in matches in which he was playing," Pagnol noted.