Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

It's the "banter" comments I'm referring to. People just can't understand why using a word referring to a group of people in a negative sense is wrong. Besides, the FA have already set a precedent when they fined Macheda.

I agree; Some clearly don't see certain terms as quite as offensive as others do, though it's a hazy line in many ways.

Paki, Jap, and going to the chinkies etc were only fairly recently dropped from what was classed as acceptable. Though they're in essence just country names, somehow the negative connotations have removed them from what is widely classed as acceptable.

Spaz, mong, and flid are still terms used widely in banter, but I really struggle with them, and I'm not sure why really. 

Taff? Jock? Acceptable or not? :shifty:

In the real world i don't know anyone who doesn't refer to a chinese takeaway as a chinkies or a corner shop as a paki shop (including the Indian owner of my local corner shop who is the most racist person towards pakistanis i've ever encountered, hates them with a passion).

God, not this debate again, it's like we're back in 1985. Both words have derogatory connotations based on someone's race and are unacceptable. It's not that hard to grasp.

Has there been any actual confirmation of this from the club yet? Just saw that Pinto has tweeted this  - "I don't know the news or the truthfulness of the comments and news that are being published on Tito."

No, but if it were false pretty sure the club would have come out since it's all over the place.

Has there been any actual confirmation of this from the club yet? Just saw that Pinto has tweeted this  - "I don't know the news or the truthfulness of the comments and news that are being published on Tito."

Hasn't been an actual statement from the club confirming the situation on his health. I guess in that sense it may not be accurate but pretty much everywhere is reporting the same story unfortunately, as opposed to a few Twitter-based rumours. I suppose Pinto is just trying to remain professional and not say anything definite until Barca themselves have released a statement later.

Mundo Deportivo says that "club sources" deny any contact with Pep Guardiola or Luís Enrique, and that more will be cleared up in a club's official announcement this afternoon.

To be frank there's a lot of confusion. Some media say that he's under the knife as we speak, some say that not and will even attend today's training to talk to the players...