Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

What is it with some PL teams playing 2 home games in a row and some 2 away, over the christmas period?

Fuck off with this shit.

I bet London clubs benefit the most each year. I think we have had 5 of our last 7 PL seasons with a double away Christmas and the others were one of each. Even in 2010/11 it was two away and City at home between 26th-2nd.

What is it with some PL teams playing 2 home games in a row and some 2 away, over the christmas period?

f*** off with this s***.

I bet London clubs benefit the most each year. I think we have had 5 of our last 7 PL seasons with a double away Christmas and the others were one of each. Even in 2010/11 it was two away and City at home between 26th-2nd.

We just played at Villa (late kick-off on Boxing Day, and so a tricky journey home), and of course we have a convenient 12.45 kick-off today in Sunderland.

Thanks for the concern, though.

f*** off with this s***.

I don't understand why we usually have to play away on Boxing Day and why we don't alternate with Sunderland.  In the last 12 years, we have only been home twice on Boxing Day - in 2001 and 2010.

f*** off with this s***.

I don't understand why we usually have to play away on Boxing Day and why we don't alternate with Sunderland.  In the last 12 years, we have only been home twice on Boxing Day - in 2001 and 2010.

I really miss the days when they tried to get local games on Boxing Day and Jan 1st. The one bit of fixture-fixing that made sense.

Guest bimpy474

f*** off with this s***.

I've been saying for years that over Christmas and Easter, that clubs should play other clubs closer to them. This would benefit clubs in the lower leagues massively. But i'm thinking more of the fans and saving on travel especially at Christmas when money is tight.

Never happen though because when will the FA ever think of the fans, fucking never thats when.

Guest Roger Kint

f*** off with this s***.

We just played at Villa (late kick-off on Boxing Day, and so a tricky journey home), and of course we have a convenient 12.45 kick-off today in Sunderland.

I never knew Spurs were the only club in London, thanks for explaining that fact to me.

f*** off with this s***.

I never knew Spurs were the only club in London, thanks for explaining that fact to me.

:lol: Glad you've come round to my way of thinking!

I just thought it was a lazy thing to say, and a suggestion that London clubs got favourable treatment. I stand to be corrected, of course. I mean, London clubs will get more local games, because there are more of them, obviously. If that was your point, then it's right, but doesn't need to be made.

For the record - Spurs and Chelsea were away twice (Boxing Day and this weekend). Fulham, QPR and Arsenal were home twice. Sunderland were home twice. You guys were away twice. 

:dontknow:

Seems Rafa Alcántara has made up his mind and switched from Spain to Brazil, accepting a callup from Brazil U20s.

I didn't think I'd ever see the day where a Spanish footballer would see Brazil as the more likely place where he'd have an international career. Brazil's bound to have better #10s for the future, though.

It pained me to find myself agreeing with Phil Brown on SSN. The Jan. window is now just an extra opportunity for the big clubs to hand pick the players they want to win or qualify for their individual targets. It will be very interesting to see how active most clubs in the bottom half (bar QPR) are. It's great that we're getting Debuchy for instance, but this whole thing needs a complete shake up. It's now completely unbalanced and biased towards the rich clubs.

http://blogs.thescore.com/counterattack/2012/12/31/this-is-a-diary-of-lovehate-premier-league-week-19/

Pity Frank Lampard. Poor Frank Lampard. Poor Frank Lampard might not be allowed to play for Chelsea for much longer, and he really, really wants to. We are all meant to be sad. Boo hoo.

In Britain, the justification that, ‘I really want this so much,’ has become the accepted path onto reality TV shows. It’s the de facto bargaining chip of the idiot. You don’t get an X Factor winner who hasn’t said, ‘You don’t understand how much I want this.’ You don’t get a football match analysed in England without some insight-deficient man in too-tight trousers saying, ‘They just wanted it more than the other team, Jeff.’ In Britain, success does not, apparently, come down to charisma, talent, skill, tactics, singing ability, being able to dance (we’re confused as to whether we’re meant to be writing about football or pop music at this stage, but we’ve committed to this paragraph and we’re not prepared to rewrite it) and hard work. No, success comes down to how much you want it. And, as we are told again and again, Frank Lampard really wants to stay at Chelsea, and we’re supposed to care and be convinced of his worth as a result. What hot jazz!

Let’s enjoy the demise of Frank Lampard. A man who appears, by dint of not being John Terry, not being hated quite as much as he should. Come, come. This is a time of the year when we should all pull together. All pull together and mock Frank Lampard. There are plenty of reasons to hate Frank Lampard. It’s revision time.

One, he was deeply unpleasant to West Ham fans, to the extent that they have never forgiven him. If you consider we’re constantly told he’s the model professional, just look at his actions, not others’ words. At West Ham, with his dad at manager, he was guaranteed a starting spot when his form demanded he be replaced. When he left the club, he criticised West Ham, which rings of class and professionalism. Especially as it was clearly because they got rid of his dad, rather than out of any justified complaint. He acted like such an entitled, smacked arse, that West Ham fans continue to chant very rude things about him more than a decade after he left. Every other player of that generation – Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Rio Ferdinand and Jermain Defoe – are regarded with varying degrees of warmth. They didn’t have a petty slanging match with the club. Frank Lampard has though.

Two, in the year after he left, he abused American tourists after the September 11 attacks. We’ve all made terrible mistakes – affairs, lies, talking with our mouth open, slurping tea – but few of us have openly mocked the dead after the most lethal terrorist attack in America. Frank Lampard has though.

Three, In 2007 he confirmed he was a supporter of the Tory party. He complained that his relatives in construction found it hard to find work because of the number of immigrants willing to do the same work, and then employed Polish builders when he needed work done. We’ve all made mistakes – affairs, lies, talking with our mouth open, slurping tea – but few of us have been so publicly and risibly hypocritical. Frank Lampard has though.

He was a great player, still capable of great moments, and probably suffered by being English when he has the aptitude and talent to have been more successful in more intelligent teams, and the consistency of his performance standard has been utterly remarkable. But he’s 34 now. He’s slow, he’s not Paul Scholes. Whatever his IQ tests say, it’s the ginger who’s the genius. He doesn’t have the cranial capacity to adapt and survive. There are more effective Chelsea midfielders in any role he might want to play. Ramires has more guile and stamina. David Luiz has more dynamism. Juan Mata and Eden Hazard are more incisive. If Oscar is ever let out to play again, he’ll be a better goalscorer than Lampard. He’s close to obsolete, and he’s on absurd wages that can no longer be justified.

Frank Lampard wants to stay at Chelsea. Just because he wants it, doesn’t mean he should get it. Just because his cousin in the media, Jamie Redknapp, says he’s still great, it doesn’t make it true. He’s not. Chelsea are right to get rid of him either this winter or next summer. It’s fair to say that supporters of right wing parties are psychopaths, and it’s fair to say they deserve absolutely no sympathy when they are put to the sword with the same callousness with which they treat the rest of the world. Boo hoo, Frank. Boo. Hoo.

http://blogs.thescore.com/counterattack/2012/12/31/this-is-a-diary-of-lovehate-premier-league-week-19/

Pity Frank Lampard. Poor Frank Lampard. Poor Frank Lampard might not be allowed to play for Chelsea for much longer, and he really, really wants to. We are all meant to be sad. Boo hoo.

In Britain, the justification that, ‘I really want this so much,’ has become the accepted path onto reality TV shows. It’s the de facto bargaining chip of the idiot. You don’t get an X Factor winner who hasn’t said, ‘You don’t understand how much I want this.’ You don’t get a football match analysed in England without some insight-deficient man in too-tight trousers saying, ‘They just wanted it more than the other team, Jeff.’ In Britain, success does not, apparently, come down to charisma, talent, skill, tactics, singing ability, being able to dance (we’re confused as to whether we’re meant to be writing about football or pop music at this stage, but we’ve committed to this paragraph and we’re not prepared to rewrite it) and hard work. No, success comes down to how much you want it. And, as we are told again and again, Frank Lampard really wants to stay at Chelsea, and we’re supposed to care and be convinced of his worth as a result. What hot jazz!

Let’s enjoy the demise of Frank Lampard. A man who appears, by dint of not being John Terry, not being hated quite as much as he should. Come, come. This is a time of the year when we should all pull together. All pull together and mock Frank Lampard. There are plenty of reasons to hate Frank Lampard. It’s revision time.

One, he was deeply unpleasant to West Ham fans, to the extent that they have never forgiven him. If you consider we’re constantly told he’s the model professional, just look at his actions, not others’ words. At West Ham, with his dad at manager, he was guaranteed a starting spot when his form demanded he be replaced. When he left the club, he criticised West Ham, which rings of class and professionalism. Especially as it was clearly because they got rid of his dad, rather than out of any justified complaint. He acted like such an entitled, smacked arse, that West Ham fans continue to chant very rude things about him more than a decade after he left. Every other player of that generation – Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Rio Ferdinand and Jermain Defoe – are regarded with varying degrees of warmth. They didn’t have a petty slanging match with the club. Frank Lampard has though.

Two, in the year after he left, he abused American tourists after the September 11 attacks. We’ve all made terrible mistakes – affairs, lies, talking with our mouth open, slurping tea – but few of us have openly mocked the dead after the most lethal terrorist attack in America. Frank Lampard has though.

Three, In 2007 he confirmed he was a supporter of the Tory party. He complained that his relatives in construction found it hard to find work because of the number of immigrants willing to do the same work, and then employed Polish builders when he needed work done. We’ve all made mistakes – affairs, lies, talking with our mouth open, slurping tea – but few of us have been so publicly and risibly hypocritical. Frank Lampard has though.

He was a great player, still capable of great moments, and probably suffered by being English when he has the aptitude and talent to have been more successful in more intelligent teams, and the consistency of his performance standard has been utterly remarkable. But he’s 34 now. He’s slow, he’s not Paul Scholes. Whatever his IQ tests say, it’s the ginger who’s the genius. He doesn’t have the cranial capacity to adapt and survive. There are more effective Chelsea midfielders in any role he might want to play. Ramires has more guile and stamina. David Luiz has more dynamism. Juan Mata and Eden Hazard are more incisive. If Oscar is ever let out to play again, he’ll be a better goalscorer than Lampard. He’s close to obsolete, and he’s on absurd wages that can no longer be justified.

Frank Lampard wants to stay at Chelsea. Just because he wants it, doesn’t mean he should get it. Just because his cousin in the media, Jamie Redknapp, says he’s still great, it doesn’t make it true. He’s not. Chelsea are right to get rid of him either this winter or next summer. It’s fair to say that supporters of right wing parties are psychopaths, and it’s fair to say they deserve absolutely no sympathy when they are put to the sword with the same callousness with which they treat the rest of the world. Boo hoo, Frank. Boo. Hoo.

Cracking article.